• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
First week done, with one day of lameness in terms of not doing anything due to certain circumstances. Worked out five times total, with one day less of focussed cardiovascular activity than I'd wanted. I'll make it up this week, though. (Not sure if that is allowed.)

But I do so enjoy being looked at oddly because I'm moving to the music I'm listening to. :headphne: :rock:

Arr, matey. :ninja:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First week done, with one day of lameness in terms of not doing anything due to certain circumstances. Worked out five times total, with one day less of focussed cardiovascular activity than I'd wanted. I'll make it up this week, though. (Not sure if that is allowed.)

But I do so enjoy being looked at oddly because I'm moving to the music I'm listening to. :headphne: :rock:

Arr, matey. :ninja:

Well done. Sounds like you did a good job meeting your goals, so I'll let you decide if you need a make up session. A world where we punish someone who worked out 5 times in a week hardly seems like a just one to me. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got no official exercise done yesterday, but I'm still adjusting to new medication.

Does tormenting your mother and chasing cats count?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I say it counts. Tormenting cats burns a lot of calories. :D And I think you can burn calories through you mother's torment via osmosis.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the update. Did you say you are taking a weight lifting class, or just a more general exercise class? Have you learned anything interesting yet?

Great job, though. I'll need to step up my game - I can't let the young whipper-snapper INFPs show me up. :D

I'm not taking any classes or anything, I just go to the gym and do my workout. All I've learned is how to work the machines.

Imma beat you Udog! Biology and free time are on my side in this case! Prove me wrong and get in shape! :D

I'm also going anti-INFP by planning on asking girls out as soon as I get moved near my college. A buff and ladies man INFP male? Unheard of... UNTIL NOW!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow my workout knocked me on my butt today:

68 minutes elliptical level 6-8, 5 minutes cool down level 4, HR: 125-145, 10.0 km, 857 kcal

Class: Rückenschule - Back training - muscle builder - 60 minutes (GAHHHH! I could hardly walk home! :cool: For more info, see workout blog.)

Caloric Intake: about 1400 kcal

YAY!!! :static: :static: :static:

By the way, you are all doing so well. YAY for us!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Imma beat you Udog! Biology and free time are on my side in this case! Prove me wrong and get in shape! :D

I'm also going anti-INFP by planning on asking girls out as soon as I get moved near my college. A buff and ladies man INFP male? Unheard of... UNTIL NOW!

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong! You may have "biology" on your side, but I have class. (I do envy your free time, though.)

I know you will put up a noble fight, dear friend, but we all know come winter break Santa's shiny new toys will lead to your inevitable distraction and collapse. :D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay, reporting in for Friday-Mon. I ate well for the whole time, with the exception of a goodbye dinner at Venice House for an old man in our church who was getting married. Even so, veggies at every meal. Breakfast every day. Need to keep upping water amounts. Coke in check. Exercise was limited to walking and chasing my brother's kids. My 4 year old nephew is with us for a week and my 16 year old cousin is still up for being my exercise partner, so this week looks like it should go alright. Already went for a walk at lunch today.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All right! Did my workout.

Increased the number of overhead lifts by 5.
Increased the number of bicep lifts by 3.

Am working on trying to do lifts and squats slower as that is much harder.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hit Sams Club and purchased some high quality frozen fruits (for smoothies, they go with vanilla whey protein), eggs, and spinach. Combine that with cheese and an onion, and I have my breakfast taken care of. I will grocery shop for everything else Wed or Thurs. I have some veggie burgers and frozen veggies to hold me over till then.

If I have the energy, I'll hit the gym tomorrow after my lesson and visiting grandma. It'll be an 8 o'clock workout, but it will be the only way to avoid using a cheat this week.

Okay, so I am going to up the stakes for myself officially. I'm involving my diet again.. loose terms, going straight-up be kcal intake and substitutions, so nothing really huge at all. Just eventually have all my food add up to 1300 kcal. Ideally: 200 snack, 300 breakfast, 200 snack, 400-500 dinner, 200-100 snack/dessert. I'm going to bake snacks ahead of time so there's no thinking about what's how many calories or w/e. Starting the day out right too: 200 kcal breakfast snack is an orange, strawberry, banana smoothie just under 200 kcal.

Kyuuei, I just noticed some of the specifics in this post.

With how active you are, it's possible that 1300 calories may not be enough. If you dip too low, you may actually make it harder for you to lose weight.

Are you having trouble losing weight, despite all your activity? If not, I wouldn't change your calorie intake just yet. If it were me, I'd wait until I reached a plateau to change something like that. Although I think the food improvements are a wonderful idea!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Sounds good, Udog! I want a smoothie! I bought some papaya the other day, and I may try to make a smoothie out of that and soy milk, plus whatever I have around.

Only did 1 ICEE again today. I think I can do this! It will be easy to resist them once I start losing a couple of pounds. Have rehearsal tonight, so I may or may not work out, but will have plenty of time this week to get my 4x in. Bought some asparagus, apples and broccoli today, and am eating Amy's Organic Veggie Pot Pie. Yum!

Edited to add:

Tip: Apple & Eve makes little 4 oz apple juice boxes, completely organic, no sugar added. They're calcium-fortified, and have 100% Vitamin C (maybe for a kid, I don't know). They have the added bonus of having Big Bird on the box. Anyway, I like them b/c they're healthy, and they give me a serving of juice without contributing significantly to my sugar intake.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds good, Udog! I want a smoothie! I bought some papaya the other day, and I may try to make a smoothie out of that and soy milk, plus whatever I have around.

Only did 1 ICEE again today. I think I can do this! It will be easy to resist them once I start losing a couple of pounds. Have rehearsal tonight, so I may or may not work out, but will have plenty of time this week to get my 4x in. Bought some asparagus, apples and broccoli today, and am eating Amy's Organic Veggie Pot Pie. Yum!

Oh, I've never had a smoothie with papaya OR soy milk. Let us know how it turns out. Raw pecans (only a small amount, calories add up quickly) are also an interesting addition to certain flavors. And as hard as it is to believe, spinach goes well with quite a few fruits, and it's a good way to sneak in some veggies.

As far as the ICEE, according to Burger King's website there are only 110 calories for the small Coke one. That's actually not too bad as a single cheat! (If you don't drink any for a month, you'll have saved 1 pound's worth of calories. I'd probably pick the ICEEs as well.)

Tip: Apple & Eve makes little 4 oz apple juice boxes, completely organic, no sugar added. They're calcium-fortified, and have 100% Vitamin C (maybe for a kid, I don't know). They have the added bonus of having Big Bird on the box. Anyway, I like them b/c they're healthy, and they give me a serving of juice without contributing significantly to my sugar intake.

Sounds good. This is the part where I don't admit how giddily amused I was to discover Donald Duck Orange Juice. For awhile, I lived off of a drink consisting of 1/2 OJ (Donald Duck, of course), 1/2 Pineapple Juice, and a dash of grenadine for good measure. Delicious, but sugary!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okie, Udog says I'm supposed to post how many times in a week I do my little mini workout. I feel a little weird when people are talking about all this stuff (i don't even know what elliptical or whatever means! :blush:)

But anyway, last week I managed to do it one day, and one day so far this week, but it's Tuesday so there's a good chance I can get it in at least one more time this week. I'd like to get it to where I'm regularly doing it 3 times a week, I think I should be able to do that much.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okie, Udog says I'm supposed to post how many times in a week I do my little mini workout. I feel a little weird when people are talking about all this stuff (i don't even know what elliptical or whatever means! :blush:)

It's a machine that simulates a cross between bike and cross country skiing. Since it works upper and lower body, it uses a decent amount of calories (if done correctly). It's also popular because it's easy on the joints.

Here's a Jeffster friendly video to give you an idea. The ones at the gym look a bit different, but this one has a cute chick in it :D: YouTube - Fitness and Exercise Equipment: Effective Elliptical Machine

But anyway, last week I managed to do it one day, and one day so far this week, but it's Tuesday so there's a good chance I can get it in at least one more time this week. I'd like to get it to where I'm regularly doing it 3 times a week, I think I should be able to do that much.

Sounds like a good start. If it helps, feel free to make a post saying "I just finished my workout". For whatever reason, it can be rewarding to log in and say that you finished your exercise for the day.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Kyuuei, I just noticed some of the specifics in this post.

With how active you are, it's possible that 1300 calories may not be enough. If you dip too low, you may actually make it harder for you to lose weight.

Are you having trouble losing weight, despite all your activity? If not, I wouldn't change your calorie intake just yet. If it were me, I'd wait until I reached a plateau to change something like that. Although I think the food improvements are a wonderful idea!

I have the metabolism of a rock. :laugh: I'm really bad about the way I eat is the problem. I'll either eat tons of calories throughout the day, or one measley meal. Keeping in mind these numbers are loose.. when I say "200".. I mean "2__" where the zero can be any number. :laugh: All I'm doing is the same diet I've been working on, only re-arranging the meals.

If you heard the rockin' breakfast sandwich I made this morning ;) You'd feel fine. And I had two awesome sloppy joe sandwiches with pickles for dinner and I'm about to indulge in a dessert milkshake. :hug: Thank you for your concern though. 1300 strict would sound really vigorous >.< I should word my stuff better!!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, my 16 year old cousin Joey and I are taking pictures of our progress every Monday. She's now my 30 Day Shred partner and so we did it again today. Lots of green stuff and some lean protein today. Had potatoes (with gravy - I know!) for supper tonight and veggies. Need to bump up the water intake. Oh hey! Down 2 lbs this week and resisted the urge for a Coke after school today.