• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Is there anything else fun that you can do for exercise? If forced exercise isn't your thing, perhaps more social activities like Zumba may get

As for me, I've been crap the past 6 weeks or so. I've been going to a 1.5 hour tennis class the past 2 weeks though, which is slowly motivating me to get back to things. It's tricky, because while I like the feeling having exercised, I'm pretty neutral on going to the gym. It can be enjoyable to push myself, but I would never describe it as fun. It's not something I ever look forward to.

I'm thinking about doing another 1 month challenge, though, since the last one worked out pretty well. I still have the 250 mark taunting me and farting in my general direction.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^ Is there anything else fun that you can do for exercise? If forced exercise isn't your thing, perhaps more social activities like Zumba may get

As for me, I've been crap the past 6 weeks or so. I've been going to a 1.5 hour tennis class the past 2 weeks though, which is slowly motivating me to get back to things. It's tricky, because while I like the feeling having exercised, I'm pretty neutral on going to the gym. It can be enjoyable to push myself, but I would never describe it as fun. It's not something I ever look forward to.

I'm thinking about doing another 1 month challenge, though, since the last one worked out pretty well. I still have the 250 mark taunting me and farting in my general direction.
Hm yea, exercise tends to need some degree of fun for me to enjoy it. It's why I'm definitely a fan of classes, and do need to start in on yoga and pilates again. I've yet to see something that is close to the energy of zumba while still remaining fun, unless it's a Wii game :tongue:.

At least you're doing something as of late :yes:, and are still keeping it mind if you aren't. I think it's really underestimated how important it can be to find that exercise that is fun, and I think it's hard because so many exercises can be bland or frustrating. For me, the basics just dont work. I know one of my infp exes has been way into running since I met him 10 years ago. He falls in and out of it, but he just loves it and gets a runners high. For him, that's an easily obtainable form of exercise, you know?
Tehe monty python :heart:. If it motivates, then definitely do it! What were the guidelines of the previous challenge?

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8

*snort*

Are ye thinking a challenge on here by chance? I'd participate... I'd even make sure to post regularly in this thread for once, too! :ninja: Are you looking at a goal for a loss of fat, gain in _____ (strength, flexibility, etc), or "work out x times per week" for the entire month?

LEGERdeMAIN

This is a disgusting thread.

I moved to a less-than-rural area a month and a half ago and began riding a bike everywhere and walking. I sold my truck a week ago and now my only transportation is a bike. I lost about ten pounds since then, my calf muscles and arms are gaining mass and are well defined now, my layer of fatty skin is disappearing. I do have a question if someone wants to slather my chops with information. I've been eating a lot of protein in the morning before I start walking/biking/running errands and having a light, veggie-fruit/carb dinner. Does anyone else have a similar system? I figured the protein in the morning would be beneficial as far as building muscle and staying energized, but not so sure than a carb-heavy dinner is such a good idea.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least you're doing something as of late :yes:, and are still keeping it mind if you aren't. I think it's really underestimated how important it can be to find that exercise that is fun, and I think it's hard because so many exercises can be bland or frustrating. For me, the basics just dont work. I know one of my infp exes has been way into running since I met him 10 years ago. He falls in and out of it, but he just loves it and gets a runners high. For him, that's an easily obtainable form of exercise, you know?

I used to love running, especially whenever I visited a new area. It was how I would explore my surroundings.

Tehe monty python :heart:. If it motivates, then definitely do it! What were the guidelines of the previous challenge?
*snort*

Are ye thinking a challenge on here by chance? I'd participate... I'd even make sure to post regularly in this thread for once, too! :ninja: Are you looking at a goal for a loss of fat, gain in _____ (strength, flexibility, etc), or "work out x times per week" for the entire month?

Hah, I wasn't meaning a "challenge" challenge, but rather what I did a couple of months ago where I exercised 5x a week and posted here right after each workout. The fact that I only aimed to do it for one month made it easier to force myself to go each day. The downside was that after the month ended I didn't do a good job at making a new challenge for the new month, and it all tapered off.

While that 6 month challenge was fun, I'm not up for spear heading such a thing right now.

This is a disgusting thread.

And thank you for your disastrous contribution!

I moved to a less-than-rural area a month and a half ago and began riding a bike everywhere and walking. I sold my truck a week ago and now my only transportation is a bike. I lost about ten pounds since then, my calf muscles and arms are gaining mass and are well defined now, my layer of fatty skin is disappearing. I do have a question if someone wants to slather my chops with information. I've been eating a lot of protein in the morning before I start walking/biking/running errands and having a light, veggie-fruit/carb dinner. Does anyone else have a similar system? I figured the protein in the morning would be beneficial as far as building muscle and staying energized, but not so sure than a carb-heavy dinner is such a good idea.

What you are doing is working, so I wouldn't change it much until it quits being effective. Still, it'll be better if you eat some sort of (preferably lean) protein with every meal - not just in the morning. A small serving will do, like a string of low fat string cheese. Eat your carb heaviest meals within 2 hours of exercise, as your body will use the carbs to replenish your muscles. So if you are active before dinner then don't change anything... but if your activities occurs earlier in the day, than move the high carb meal after the workout and make dinner a bit higher in protein.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I used to love running, especially whenever I visited a new area. It was how I would explore my surroundings.
Bah. It has yet to resonate with me, but I've not quite given it a fighting chance :tongue:
Hah, I wasn't meaning a "challenge" challenge, but rather what I did a couple of months ago where I exercised 5x a week and posted here right after each workout. The fact that I only aimed to do it for one month made it easier to force myself to go each day. The downside was that after the month ended I didn't do a good job at making a new challenge for the new month, and it all tapered off.

While that 6 month challenge was fun, I'm not up for spear heading such a thing right now.
Ah. Self-challenge is still a win :yes:. If you do so- make sure you keep track of what day you're on and I'll try to remind you.
I actually have a calendar (Rainlendar) on my desktop and one of the To Do lists I have for it says things like "VITAMINS, WHORE!" "PUSHUPS, HO!" because I'll always forget. Same when I use Sparkpeople. I try to use whatever will hold me accountable and smack me in the face with a reminder.

I definitely missed the 6 month challenge boat.. annd am off to responsd to Zoom now lol

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tuesday: Zumba

So very sore, but tonight was tons better than last night. I may have done 4 songs on stage last night, but I think I was dehydrated and my body was like 'wtf you were so lazy recently- what are you doing?!'

I'm either going to rejoin my gym tomorrow or thursday. I'm hoping the membership is interconnected with another gym, so I can have more zumba (etc) opportunities throughout the week.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout last night. and I'm back in the fray. My exercise habits have tapered off to about once or maybe twice a week. Granted, summer is more physically active all around for me, but I'd like to work on loosing enough to get my BMI on target. I could stand to loose about 15 to 20 lbs, and of course replace some of that with muscle. My eating habits aren't horrifying by any means, but I've definitely let them slip. I need to find some way to amp this up, maybe a program of some type...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I cleaned the kitchen actually made myself a healthy meal this evening. I think I've settled on a schedule. A 20+ minute workout, 5 nights a week alternating between a bodyweight strength workout and cardio. The bodyweight will consist of a rope warmup, a stretch, pushups, situps, pullups, squats and lunges, working up to 50 each at first. The other night will be a stretch and just doing rope till I drop. 30 slow and 30 fast. I did that one tonight. This is going to happen.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wed-Fri: --
Saturday: Zumba

Slacked on rejoining my gym, but I'll get to it asap. Baby steps :tongue:
I cleaned the kitchen actually made myself a healthy meal this evening. I think I've settled on a schedule. A 20+ minute workout, 5 nights a week alternating between a bodyweight strength workout and cardio. The bodyweight will consist of a rope warmup, a stretch, pushups, situps, pullups, squats and lunges, working up to 50 each at first. The other night will be a stretch and just doing rope till I drop. 30 slow and 30 fast. I did that one tonight. This is going to happen.
Rock it out! :yes:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday Evening: Zumba/Dancing

I didn't do much. I was a bit mentally checked out due to location invasion by my ExFJ-crazy-lady.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rope, 7 sets of 120. Eh, good enough.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
CrossFit is kicking my ass into shape, and I love it!

Having sore muscles becomes a way of life for the first couple of months, ha. I heard coconut water helps you recover sore muscles sooner, and have read that coconut oil is good for me for other reasons, so have started drinking coconut milk (the low fat kind that comes in the refrigerator section, not the thick canned kind), and it seems to be working, yay!

I also recently started on green smoothies (thanks, [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION]!), but the suggested beginner smoothies are too carby for me. After eating mostly low carb for a long period of time, I got sugar rushes a couple of times from the fruity green smoothies.

So I've adjusted them in a few ways: I looked up low carb fruits (mainly bananas & berries) so will be using mostly them from now on, and have now decided that they will combine with and replace my previous protein shakes. So instead of green smoothies, I'm now drinking green protein shakes, a cross between the two. They contain fruit, protein powder, greens, and ground flaxseed.

I tried making and drinking a green protein shake for the first time today, felt energetic and alert all day, and felt stronger than usual in my CrossFit workout, yay! It looked pretty disgusting :laugh:, but it actually tasted good, was filling, made me feel great, and didn't give me the sugar rush that my first few fruity green smoothies did.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I heard coconut water helps you recover sore muscles sooner, and have read that coconut oil is good for me for other reasons, so have started drinking coconut milk (the low fat kind that comes in the refridgerator section, not the thick canned kind), and it seems to be working, yay!

I also recently started on green smoothies (thanks, [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION]!), but the suggested beginner smoothies are too carby for me. After eating mostly low carb for a long period of time, I got sugar rushes a couple of times from the fruity green smoothies.

So I've adjusted them in a few ways: I looked up low carb fruits (mainly bananas & berries) so will be using mostly them from now on, and have now decided that they will combine with and replace my previous protein shakes. So instead of green smoothies, I'm now drinking green protein shakes, a cross between the two. They contain fruit, protein powder, greens, and ground flaxseed.

I tried making and drinking a green protein shake for the first time today, felt energetic and alert all day, and felt stronger than usual in my CrossFit workout, yay! It looked pretty disgusting :laugh:, but it actually tasted good, was filling, made me feel great, and didn't give me the sugar rush that my first few fruity green smoothies did.

i swear by coconut water! it's amazingly so hydrating.
(i use coconut water instead of water in my green smoothies!)
fresh thai young coconut is the best and tastiest, most of
the bottled/canned brands like vita coco use coconuts from
brazil, and i don't like the taste as much (and it's not cold
pressed so loses a lot of nutrients when it goes through
UHT/pasteurizing processes).

as for the smoothies, i got my parents on them, and my
dad's diabetic, so he hardly uses fruits at all (only tomatoes),
instead he makes very savoury smoothies, using beetroot,
ginger, tomatoes and the like, (think gazpacho style)

i got him a recipe book actually, but it's not english, when
i'm over again, i'll translate some stuff for ideas.

have you tried avocado smoothies? oh my gosh! delicious!
avocado + banana + strawberry + nut milk (you can make
nut milk yourself, i make almond nutmilk and it's delicious)
to sweeten i use agave syrup.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
i swear by coconut water! it's amazingly so hydrating.
(i use coconut water instead of water in my green smoothies!)
fresh thai young coconut is the best and tastiest, most of
the bottled/canned brands like vita coco use coconuts from
brazil, and i don't like the taste as much (and it's not cold
pressed so loses a lot of nutrients when it goes through
UHT/pasteurizing processes).

as for the smoothies, i got my parents on them, and my
dad's diabetic, so he hardly uses fruits at all (only tomatoes),
instead he makes very savoury smoothies, using beetroot,
ginger, tomatoes and the like, (think gazpacho style)

i got him a recipe book actually, but it's not english, when
i'm over again, i'll translate some stuff for ideas.

have you tried avocado smoothies? oh my gosh! delicious!
avocado + banana + strawberry + nut milk (you can make
nut milk yourself, i make almond nutmilk and it's delicious)
to sweeten i use agave syrup.

[MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION]

oh and i use haas avocados. they are just the tastiest.
some recipes. http://www.bewellbuzz.com/recipe-buzz/great-avocado-smoothie-recipes/

Ah, cool, thanks mmhmm!

Where do you get coconut water? Is it expensive? Oh wait, are you saying you buy fresh Thai coconuts and get it from them? Or you buy it bottled, but make sure it's from young Thai coconuts?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Ah, cool, thanks mmhmm!

Where do you get coconut water? Is it expensive? Oh wait, are you saying you buy fresh Thai coconuts and get it from them? Or you buy it bottled, but make sure it's from young Thai coconuts?

yes. you buy the whole coconut and get the water from it.
fresh whole thai coconuts you can get at most asian supermarkets
(but they're not organic). you can also try asking your local super
market to bring it in (so you don't have to pay for shipping)

or try to buy online (which i find a bit more expensive) http://grocerythai.com/fresh-young-coconut-p-427.html?osCsid=a8b02fa53aa95845d9024c581f005dbd

bottled thai young coconut: http://www.exoticsuperfoods.com/sho...s_id=1&zenid=705e4712d51ac0d541e611169b9f23d6

those are just the top search results i found, i'd recommend
scouring the web a bit more, i'm sure there are deals. other
good places to find resources are people who are doing green
smoothies / raw food in your area