• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

D

Dali

May I ask what gains y'all have made since you started working out? In terms of fitness (stamina, strength...) and physique/figure?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I could use some motivation to exercise. Maybe I should join in on this...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
May I ask what gains y'all have made since you started working out? In terms of fitness (stamina, strength...) and physique/figure?

Sure. I changed my diet and started doing a bodyweight routine when I joined in a weight loss contest at work. I started posting here when I it was over (I won), so I could retain some sort of motivation.

I have a desk job, so I'm unsure about my stamina/strength benefits, except that I can climb stairs a lot faster than I used to. I've lost about 35lbs so far.. so obviously that's a big improvement. I've got about 15lbs to go to US government recommended BMI.

I want to do my workout 3 times a week, but It seems I do it only about twice a week. It's only a 30min routine, even so I've been averaging about lb a week weight loss.

What are you planning to do?

I could use some motivation to exercise. Maybe I should join in on this...

You should. :)

D

Dali

Sure. I changed my diet and started doing a bodyweight routine when I joined in a weight loss contest at work. I started posting here when I it was over (I won), so I could retain some sort of motivation.

I have a desk job, so I'm unsure about my stamina/strength benefits, except that I can climb stairs a lot faster than I used to. I've lost about 35lbs so far.. so obviously that's a big improvement. I've got about 15lbs to go to US government recommended BMI.

I want to do my workout 3 times a week, but It seems I do it only about twice a week. It's only a 30min routine, even so I've been averaging about lb a week weight loss.

What are you planning to do?

WOW! That's incredible!

Have you changed your diet too? An lb a week is really good progress for 90mins of exercise a week.

I did a crazy legs workout on Sunday from which I'm still recovering (I will never quit gyming again, I will never quit gyming again, I will...). I hope to do shoulders and triceps today and then take Tuesday off. What does your workout entail, Qlip?

@Aquarelle Join in! I like posting the day's workouts here; I guess feel a greater sense of obligation to actually do them once it's in writing. It's a cool virtual buddy-system too! :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WOW! That's incredible!

Have you changed your diet too? An lb a week is really good progress for 90mins of exercise a week.

I did a crazy legs workout on Sunday from which I'm still recovering (I will never quit gyming again, I will never quit gyming again, I will...). I hope to do shoulders and triceps today and then take Tuesday off. What does your workout entail, Qlip?

@Aquarelle Join in! I like posting the day's workouts here; I guess feel a greater sense of obligation to actually do them once it's in writing. It's a cool virtual buddy-system too! :)

I did my workout.

Thanks :) Yup, changed the diet. I'm a super healthy eater now. I think I also have a good metabolism, I just abused the crap out of it, before.

There is nothing particularly scientific or targeted about my routine. I do some jump rope to warm up. Then I do a stretch routine that I picked up when I was taking Hapkido. Then I do pushups, situps, squats, some various martial arts conditioning things, usually they tend to be anaerobic or balance or whole body movement types of things. Then I do jumprope training.

I admire people who can do the gym thing. I made sure that my routine can be done in any place I am with no equipment needed so that I won't find excuses not to do it.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, I am going to the gym after work today - call me out on it if I don't post later that I went!! I am bad about doing deciding not to go at the last minute....

D

Dali

@Qlip And, obviously, it's working for you. Have seen some vids of Hapkido (first time I've heard of it). It looks pretty cool. I wonder whether I can find an instructor here in Nairobi...

@Aquarelle :solidarity:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Did it! 25 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, 10 minutes of stretching and 25 minutes of strength training yesterday.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've slacked a bit over the past two months, but since June I've lost 37lbs. My stamina is a lot better than it was, especially as I was being a lump for a while :tongue:.
What I've noticed is that my heart rate has evened out a lot more. It used to jump up to 188-190 very quickly, but now it hangs out in the 170s. I can also walk faster/longer on a treadmill, although my workouts don't involve walking.

I've eaten better in general, but have refused to sacrifice the foods I enjoy or when I am really craving them. Moderation- yay. Being fit, but miserable food-wise just doesn't cut it for me. However, neither does being extremely happy food-wise and unfit :alttongue:. It's mainly due to the activity aspect. I try to get to Zumba classes 3-5x a week, I have one/two college courses that are activity based, I try to do pilates/yoga now, and I park super far away when I've got college classes.

Awesome progress :).
What's keeping you from 3x workout?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've slacked a bit over the past two months, but since June I've lost 37lbs. My stamina is a lot better than it was, especially as I was being a lump for a while :tongue:.
What I've noticed is that my heart rate has evened out a lot more. It used to jump up to 188-190 very quickly, but now it hangs out in the 170s. I can also walk faster/longer on a treadmill, although my workouts don't involve walking.

That's amazing. Congrats.

I've eaten better in general, but have refused to sacrifice the foods I enjoy or when I am really craving them. Moderation- yay. Being fit, but miserable food-wise just doesn't cut it for me. However, neither does being extremely happy food-wise and unfit :alttongue:. It's mainly due to the activity aspect. I try to get to Zumba classes 3-5x a week, I have one/two college courses that are activity based, I try to do pilates/yoga now, and I park super far away when I've got college classes.

Oh, I don't sacrifice anything either. I just focus more on quality. Being really aware of my food has helped decide what foods are really worth eating to me, and which ones were just something to stuff my face with.

Awesome progress :).
What's keeping you from 3x workout?

Thanks. I just get busy, or lazy. Usually I'm really busy one day and then lazy that evening.

D

Dali

Did it! 25 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, 10 minutes of stretching and 25 minutes of strength training yesterday.

That's great! :D That's the first step. What's key is to be consistent. Hope to see you post in this thread more often. :)

Massive congrats! :D

I like what you say about eating the foods you enjoy in moderation. I think that's part of what led to my two month long binge end of last-year. I'd had this amazing progress and I then allowed myself some celebratory deep-fried carb-laden stuff and... that was the tipping point. Now, I eat healthy (and I do genuinely enjoy the healthy stuff I eat) but I allow myself a bit of the sinful foods here and there and it seems a lot more sustainable this way.

D

Dali

I'm loving the gains in functional strength! Today, I hoisted my 104kg (230Ib) younger brother on my shoulders. I'm 74kg (163Ib) and I would have completely struggled with even 2/3 of that weight back when I was 13kg (28Ib) heavier.

All hail exercise!

D

Dali

Today, I'm going to work on triceps & shoulders and spend 40 mins on the cross-trainer (I'm told it's also called an ellipticcal machine).

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Slacked off yesterday... meant to go to the gym for a full workout but instead just went to the hot tub. :blush: Did go for a nice long walk in the park with the dog, though - it was almost 50 degrees yesterday! Lovely for MN in February.

Tonight is a night off for Valentines Day, but tomorrow must do full workout!!

D

Dali

Just gotten back from the gym. I intended to workout my back and triceps and do forty mins on the cross-trainer but, in my 'wisdom', I had a large meal (well, large for me) shortly before I went to the gym and I only ended up doing my back and 30mins on the cross-trainer before calling it a day. Shall make up for my transgressions tomorrow!

@Aqua What do you plan to do for tonight's full workout?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Finally back to running! Went for a quick 1 mile (11.02 minutes) last night to test the knee and all was well :D. Now to decide if I'm still able to train in time for the half marathon mid-May....

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tuesday: Treadmill. Stationary bike.

We started the physical portion of my Aerobic Conditioning class today :). I approve.. a lot. I've also been down in the dumps, but today I felt really good. I felt that much better after some exercise.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Worked out at home a few times this week, and went to Zumba today. Have been drinking NO Slurpees and LOTS of water.