• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But that's awesome! If you have fun, you keep it up longer!

We crazy people with our numbers... :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You know, i remember laughing about guys getting sore nipples from running.

Well, I'm still laughing because that's simply a constant but it happened to me, it's kind of not nice at all.

but hey, otherwise everything's just peachy.

have a nice day guys

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hear Vaseline helps with that Eck.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yeah it's more or less fixed already, but i'm not sure i could ever buy vaseline with a straight face.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could always buy innocent-looking lip balm and then smear it all over your nipples. Voila!

20 minutes of pacing back and forth speaking to me Daddy on the phone.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

Well, I'm still laughing because that's simply a constant but it happened to me, it's kind of not nice at all.

have a nice day guys
nipple-chafing.jpg

MBTI Type
INTJ

have a nice day guys

Band-aids before you go running help, too. Although if you're not wearing a shirt that's thick enough or dark enough, you might look a bit silly :D

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Weekly Progress Report

August 31st to Sept 6- I exercised a total of 5 days out of those 7
I did 1 hr on tredmill and 100 situps-

I did bonus exercise if you consider all the walking I did at Dragon Con,lol.
Hotel had a gym and the exercise actually helped energize me for the rest of the day as I did it in the morning. I thought that it would have made the vacation worse but it actually helped my stamina.

I made sure to get plenty of sleep.

I am pooped but I am not sore so that is really nice.

I treated myself to 2 little packets of Hello Kitty stickers,lol.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
For some reason it was a lot harder than normal, but I did my 2.25 mile run (w/breaks) this morning. Then did 30 minutes of bowflex. So now I'm *really* tired. Day of relaxing, here I come :).

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Yeah I was thinking bout that episode of The office while posting actually, but nothing that bad, it's just that its kind of rare for a guy to be reminded he has nipples, ya know.

Otherwise as I said, just peachy, I just wanted to give you guys a chance to tease me.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Week 1 ended on a whimper for me, but I did complete it, and I learned an important lesson.

Which is, it takes much longer to recover properly from each workout if your sleeping and eating habits get fouled up. This isn't really a surprise in itself, but what caught me somewhat off guard was the severity of the energy drop. Live and learn.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TOTAL:
Exercising: 3/3
Eating: Good 'nuff

I'm hoping to try a little harder this next week. Also next month I'll be starting college, so I'm hoping to go lacto-ovo vegetarian. I can't do it now because my dad will give me grief, and anyway I won't eat meat at most cheap food establishments so I don't have much of a choice :laugh:

Great report! And it makes me happy to hear that you were feeling the hurt. :D You gotta love that soreness. Is that the first week exercising for you?

I have a alot of respect for the lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. Good luck with it.

Yeah, it's really interesting to me, as like an Te-allergic person. All the TJ (Santtu!) and FP (you, Udog, Wolfy, Kyuuei) numbers and charts and progress figuring! Very efficient.

And then you have the TP/FJ (me) descriptions of progress:

Hey, what works for you. It's the exercising that's important, not the reporting. The reporting is just a fun way to identify and measure progress.

I completed my weekly goal, so I'm not out in the first week :) I had to do my workout twice today though, because I was kept late at work too much this week and skipped too many days. Ouch.

Just remember that if you don't make your goals, you only lose cheats. I fully expect and even hope that people will use them to some extent. I already know I'll need to use one the week of the 26th.

August 31st to Sept 6- I exercised a total of 5 days out of those 7
I did 1 hr on tredmill and 100 situps-

Great job. Have the situps gotten any easier yet? Also, I'm glad you had a great vacation

Week 1 ended on a whimper for me, but I did complete it, and I learned an important lesson.

Which is, it takes much longer to recover properly from each workout if your sleeping and eating habits get fouled up. This isn't really a surprise in itself, but what caught me somewhat off guard was the severity of the energy drop. Live and learn.

Hey, you identified an area of improvement. I consider that a pretty good week. I know for myself, I have a hard time continuing exercise if I don't have a semi-healthy diet. There's just something about incentive and energy levels. Perhaps instead of trying to exercise more, you might want to focus on leaving the exercise levels the same and begin working on diet. (Exercise + diet usually fixes sleep.)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The first week i did cardio for 5 days a week for 45 minutes or more and tried to eat less.
I lost a total of 4 pounds.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first week i did cardio for 5 days a week for 45 minutes or more and tried to eat less.
I lost a total of 4 pounds.

That's excellent! Congratulations. :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Great report! And it makes me happy to hear that you were feeling the hurt. :D You gotta love that soreness. Is that the first week exercising for you?

I have a alot of respect for the lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. Good luck with it.

I've been exercising this summer but not very regularly, and this was the first week in a long time that I'd done a lot of weights. It's good to feel it working though :yes:

And thanks!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Went for a hike today at the nearby nature center since I want to volunteer there. Worked off some of the fat from last night's cake and BBQ extravaganza.

Will do workout later today.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 2 Has Begun!

Oh yeah - today is Monday, which means Week 1 is officially behind us! I have to say, you guys did a wonderful job.

For those that are playing along on the "Last man standing" contest, I will need some reports from you if you haven't been keeping us up to date. Here are the people I have noted as completing week 1:

Antimony
café
Colors
EffEmDoubleyou
Elaur
ergophobe
Feops
Fidelia
Jeffster
kelric
Kyuuei
ladypinkington
Little Linguist
PinkPiranha
Pitseleh
poppy
Santtu
ScantilyClad
Tallulah
Trinity
Udog
Wolfy
Clonester
Eck
erm
Blackcat
Winged

Since this is week one, I'll PM the remaining people to see if they are still interested in participating in the contest, and if they have submitted all their exercises. I'll update the above list as I receive responses.

For future weeks, how about if I post my records in the thread. People will be free to correct and update me, and if I don't hear from ya by Friday, I will automatically deduct the cheats. Does that sound fair to everyone?

Last edited:

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, last week I focused solely on running. I'm now doing ~3 miles each run, up from ~1 mile at the start of the week. (5 runs)

This coming week, the plan is to maintain that distance and intensity for 4 runs, and introduce pull ups and chin ups to the regime.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh yeah - today is Monday, which means Week 1 is officially behind us! I have to say, you guys did a wonderful job.

For those that are playing along on the "Last man standing" contest, I will need some reports from you if you haven't been keeping us up to date. Here are the people I have noted as successfully completing week 1:

oh, I did own week 1 or whatever, I've been doing cardio on an almost dialy basis for months i mean, it's just that i'm not the kiss and tell type, so if i don't talk about it it means i'm just doing it.
I've been doing 2 hours+ a day most of the week in fact.

In my opinion, over talking about some 'goal' just gives one the illusory feeling that he or she acted on it independantly of actually achieving anything.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Labor Day = No weight training class.

To make up for this: Cleaning around the house including mopping the floors, washing and interior detailing all three vehicles and applying rainx to all windows, and my workout DVD level 3.