• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Haha thanks :D If you mean Oeufa, it's pronounced Uff-ah (like the french word oeuf with -ah tagged on the end).

If you mean my actual name Aoife, it's an Irish name. Sounds like Eva except with an F instead of a V. It's pretty common here in Ireland.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Haha thanks :D If you mean Oeufa, it's pronounced Uff-ah (like the french word oeuf with -ah tagged on the end).

If you mean my actual name Aoife, it's an Irish name. Sounds like Eva except with an F instead of a V. It's pretty common here in Ireland.
I really like that name.. Aoife. I would never have guessed that pronunciation. :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks :). My mam always loved it as a name - says it reminds her of fairies or something like that. It derives from the old irish word for beauty, which I find funny, because I've only known fat people with the name :tongue:

It's annoying for going overseas though. I was in an airport in Chicago one time with my family and we got to passport control. The woman called out everyone's name with their passport and waved them through. She squinted at mine for a few seconds, looked at me, pointed to the passport and said, "Is this you? What on earth is your name?" Fun day...

Last edited:

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I thought of fairies instantly :D

Well, I understand that Lady... I was sitting and trying to figure out how to say it when my stepmother walked in and asked me if I was doing my Spanish :doh:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I know, Irish is a funky language - it uses the roman alphabet in ways it was never intended to be used :(. Some examples: bh (and mh) make a v sound, aoi make an ee sound, h's are always silent, except for ch's which sound like you're coughing up hairballs (in fact, my old Irish teacher would always correct us on mispronunciations of ch by yelling, "SPIT!" at us...), and some more.

I think the strangest thing I've been called (to my mind, anyway) is Ayo-iffy. I laughed for a solid 5 minutes :tongue: I do find it annoying when I go abroad that people tend to call me Eva (even when I explain that it's got an F in it, not a V). It sounds almost identical, but it's not my name! Sets my teeth on edge. If I emigrate in the future, I think I'll have fun times with my name.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I know how that feels. Some call me Sandie, but my name is Sannie. Sometimes they spell it Sunny? WHAT :doh:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I think yoga's really doing good things for me. I feel like I pay more attention to my body and how it feels, and I feel like it's helping me lose a couple of vanity pounds, which is fabulous. My legs are getting more toned, and I don't seem to mind those static lunges and squats like I do the regular kind. Had a band photo shoot the other day, and I was looking at a few shots my roommate took from behind the photographer. I think I look thinner.

I've been a little more emotional than usual lately, meaning I'm feeling a little more in touch/present with my emotions, and can't figure out if it's hormonal or if it's yoga making me go inward more. It's interesting.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Just did 7 minutes on the exercise bike before I died of boredom. There is nothing (and I mean nothing!) that can slow time as much as that gastly machine. I've tried reading books, playing the DS, just listening to music, and time still crawls to a standstill. I need to find something else to do during my rest days from running (and I doubt Wii fit counts somehow :tongue:)

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Wii fit is fun. Tried Wii active? I like the boxing part.
So I just woke up now. 1.40pm. What the whole in the ground? how can I sleep so much?
And of course there is nothing in the fridge beside eggs. Well better go cook them, and then do my yoga... :shrug:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't have Wii active, but there is a boxing section on the Wii fit. The guy's voice annoys me too much to take it seriously though, and nothing on the Wii really brings out a sweat...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think yoga's really doing good things for me. I feel like I pay more attention to my body and how it feels, and I feel like it's helping me lose a couple of vanity pounds, which is fabulous. My legs are getting more toned, and I don't seem to mind those static lunges and squats like I do the regular kind. Had a band photo shoot the other day, and I was looking at a few shots my roommate took from behind the photographer. I think I look thinner.

Fabulous news! I'm glad you found some resistance type exercises that you enjoy.

I've been a little more emotional than usual lately, meaning I'm feeling a little more in touch/present with my emotions, and can't figure out if it's hormonal or if it's yoga making me go inward more. It's interesting.

Interesting! My other guess might be that exercise tends to push out some endorphines as well as increase our energy levels and clarity of thought. Perhaps being more in tune with your emotions is part of that...

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I imagine school makes it more difficult to focus on eating and exercise. It can be a challenge, for sure. As long as you stay focused and continue in the right direction though, you will be fine. :)
Definitely is, but it's more so the social life that kills me. Thankfully, the friends I have now are inclined to exercise.
I reel my Dad in a bit on making bad choices too, but at a certain point he turns all "Atkins" on me :laugh:
Hmm… I don’t know if I’ve ever experienced such a thing. Sounds kinda scary! :D
:dry: Sounds like you've been talking to Jock.
ENFJs hugglies can be a beautiful thing! :yes:
Yup, it gets dark too early, so I can’t get in my full walks after work. I love outdoors stuff, though! Too bad my sucky Se keeps me from getting out there more frequently...
Aw. Yea debbiegirl dug the walking, but that went downhill after she went an hour away. I should really get her on skype and do a 'designated walk' time where we both check in, get out and do eet, and then check in again. Maybe that could be a thread concept too lol.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Went for a run this evening and was just really really crap (well, I was warned I'd have good days and bad). Here's hoping Wednesday's run won't suck.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
My leg hurts quite a bit today. It really was a bad idea to go for a run 2 days in a row :( Note to future self: follow the programme.

I sent you a PM Haph. Hope it's useful.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
It may be all in my head, but I think I'm dropping some fat from my arms and legs already. Awesome :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Cardio (mostly spinning) every day, 7 days a week. I'm also on a mainly raw food diet and it hasn't been awful. For breakfast I have a shakeology from beachbody, then for lunch I have a nice salad with cucumbers, carrots, edame, garbanzo beans, fruit, etc and the same for dinner maybe I'll sneak in some chicken (don't tell the raw food nazi's! lol). I've lost 7 pounds this past week. Also drinking tons of water.

I'm virtually undetectable but I swear that's me!
2010-10-16102917-1-1-1.jpg
It may be all in my head, but I think I'm dropping some fat from my arms and legs already. Awesome :D
Nice job! I'm sure if you feel thinner then you are. You can tell by the way your clothes fit.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Monday: Bellydance class
Tuesday: --

I need to get to my gym more starting today. There's Zumba today and a Zumba event on Friday. I'm pleased. Tomorrow I should just go for strength training, like I've held off of for a whiile :blush:.
The bellydance class I took was pretty good, but not what I'm looking for personally. When I take a class that really shows me the technique, I want the right version of my body to utilize for it. Otherwise, I want classes where we just quickly jump into hip-shaking and good times :D.
You should start taking measurements :yes:. I started in on that 2 months after devoting to an exercise plan and it's putting loss and body alterations into perspective as I go.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Good idea, I'll start doing that. It's inch-loss I care about more than weight after all :tongue: