• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Coughing is keeping me awake at night. It's finally worn me down and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully when I'm feeling better more exercise shall resume. I'm not quite sure what, but more will resume!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercise program today!
Last time I did my program, I was actually sore the next day!
That's how I know it's working. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the schedule of counting days and making months would be proved good in every routine of life.

What do you mean? Can you explain that thought a bit more? :)

I did my exercise program today!
Last time I did my program, I was actually sore the next day!
That's how I know it's working. :)

Awesome, mom! Have you started increasing your weight or resistance yet?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Good! This week's been a rather easy week on me. :D Birthdays left and right for me these two weeks in April!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I bought the 8 lb. weights.
The 10's were too heavy, so I thought I would wait.
I would have bought them if they had been on sale.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I've been working out since February after a long hiatus. It's amazing how fast you tone up and poof out again.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey guys! Doing a 5k today! I had a chest cold for a couple weeks which threw off my training. But I was running well before, so I'm hoping adrenaline will kick in and get me a good time.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good luck! Please tell us how it goes.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Fuck. I had a fever today, so I didn't walk back from school.

I still seem to be losing weight, though I'm wondering if it's just because I'm sick, or have been sick, I don't know if I have been sick or got sick again...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercise program today using 5 & 8 lb. weights. :)

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Randomly joins teh thread*

So, this September, I'm going to audition for a couple of Asian entertainment companies (JYP and SM, if you've heard of them) that are coming to town. I'm going to focus on modeling and acting. That means I need to get down to business in terms of getting my body ready.

I am 5' 8". Before I started my program half a week ago I was at 135 lbs. I am now 130 lbs. My goal is to be able to maintain a weight between 120-123 lbs by September.

Here is my diet/exercise program:

- Working out: 90 minutes every morning before breakfast. Every other weekday because I have a study block in my schedule first thing, I wake up at 5am and walk for 30 minutes to a place where I do hot yoga, which lasts for 90 minutes. For someone of my body mass this will burn about 1000 calories. On weekends, I'll do yoga for one of the days in order for it to work out to doing it every other day a week- but I'll sleep in a little longer lolz. Why don't I do it every day of the week? a) Because it's expensive, and b) because it mostly focuses on spine and knee strengthening, which doesn't account for the rest of my body. On the days that I'm not going to yoga, I still wake up either at 6am on weekdays or 6:30 to 7am on weekends and get in 90 minutes of stretching, pushups, situps, jack-knives, squats, etc, before breakfast. Aside from that, every single day I have to walk for some reason or another for at least an hour or two. Then every day in the evening, I jump around/touch the ceiling and floor (so that I can grow, hopefully XD), and do more abdominal twists/exercises, to add up to around 30 minutes of exercise in the evening.

Diet:
- I eat 5 or 6 fist-sized meals a day, spread out evenly between breakfast and dinner (approximately every two hours).
- I drink at least 2 litres of water each day, a lot of which consists of a type of Chinese high-mountain green tea that my family buys which promotes weight loss and lowers blood pressure.
- I take a multivitamin with my breakfast every morning.
Meals consist of:
- mostly raw or lightly boiled or stir-fried vegetables (such as broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, tomato, celery, bok choy, japanese squash, gai lan/choy sum AKA "chinese broccoli", brussel sprouts) or cooked/soup-form beans
- one or two of these meals each day will be fruit
- one meal will be multigrain rice or rolled oats or some sort of fibrous grains in any case
- every other day I eat a serving of non-fat organic yogourt, or a handful of nuts, or a portion of some fish/lean cuts of meat

After my initial loss of "intestinal congestion" weight and water-weight, I've been dropping approx. 1lb every day, even though I've been toning up muscle. Honestly I haven't felt hungry at all so far, and the more fruits and vegetables I eat, the less I crave unhealthy foods. The more consistent my exercising is, the more I enjoy it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :wacko: Sounds like a brutal schedule. Good luck with it! :D We'll cheer ya on!

I got my exercise today sledge hammering out a slab of concrete from the ground. :shocking: It was pretty much the hardest exercise I've seen in a year.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
^ :wacko: Sounds like a brutal schedule. Good luck with it! :D We'll cheer ya on!

I got my exercise today sledge hammering out a slab of concrete from the ground. :shocking: It was pretty much the hardest exercise I've seen in a year.
It's a good thing you've been working out! You might not have been able to handle it!

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This morning I had to go to school early to do a biology lab that I missed, so I couldn't go to morning yoga. However, because of this I slept in and knew I'd missed my lab time, and would also be late for my first class -_- then depression hit again for the first time this week, and I was bedridden. And even when I'd promised my boyfriend that I would suck it up and make myself go to school every day. Omfg guilt and shame fantasia.

Luckily my diet has not failed. Currently eating ~2oz of cabbage kimchi with celery, plus two mugs of green tea.

I guess I can go to yoga tonight.

Now at 129.5 lbs.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Randomly joins teh thread*

So, this September, I'm going to audition for a couple of Asian entertainment companies (JYP and SM, if you've heard of them) that are coming to town. I'm going to focus on modeling and acting. That means I need to get down to business in terms of getting my body ready.

I am 5' 8". Before I started my program half a week ago I was at 135 lbs. I am now 130 lbs. My goal is to be able to maintain a weight between 120-123 lbs by September.

Here is my diet/exercise program:

- Working out: 90 minutes every morning before breakfast. Every other weekday because I have a study block in my schedule first thing, I wake up at 5am and walk for 30 minutes to a place where I do hot yoga, which lasts for 90 minutes. For someone of my body mass this will burn about 1000 calories. On weekends, I'll do yoga for one of the days in order for it to work out to doing it every other day a week- but I'll sleep in a little longer lolz. Why don't I do it every day of the week? a) Because it's expensive, and b) because it mostly focuses on spine and knee strengthening, which doesn't account for the rest of my body. On the days that I'm not going to yoga, I still wake up either at 6am on weekdays or 6:30 to 7am on weekends and get in 90 minutes of stretching, pushups, situps, jack-knives, squats, etc, before breakfast. Aside from that, every single day I have to walk for some reason or another for at least an hour or two. Then every day in the evening, I jump around/touch the ceiling and floor (so that I can grow, hopefully XD), and do more abdominal twists/exercises, to add up to around 30 minutes of exercise in the evening.

Diet:
- I eat 5 or 6 fist-sized meals a day, spread out evenly between breakfast and dinner (approximately every two hours).
- I drink at least 2 litres of water each day, a lot of which consists of a type of Chinese high-mountain green tea that my family buys which promotes weight loss and lowers blood pressure.
- I take a multivitamin with my breakfast every morning.
Meals consist of:
- mostly raw or lightly boiled or stir-fried vegetables (such as broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, tomato, celery, bok choy, japanese squash, gai lan/choy sum AKA "chinese broccoli", brussel sprouts) or cooked/soup-form beans
- one or two of these meals each day will be fruit
- one meal will be multigrain rice or rolled oats or some sort of fibrous grains in any case
- every other day I eat a serving of non-fat organic yogourt, or a handful of nuts, or a portion of some fish/lean cuts of meat

After my initial loss of "intestinal congestion" weight and water-weight, I've been dropping approx. 1lb every day, even though I've been toning up muscle. Honestly I haven't felt hungry at all so far, and the more fruits and vegetables I eat, the less I crave unhealthy foods. The more consistent my exercising is, the more I enjoy it.

Welcome to teh thread! I really like how you are using a long term objective (the Asian entertainment companies visiting) to motivate you to better health. Something like that can make a huge difference.

Also, props for eating 6 meals a day and drinking water AND green tea. Excellent!

Be sure to give your body rest, though. By "rest", I simply mean focusing on light activities such as walking for your exercise for the day. Your body needs rest days in order to recover from your workout days.

Anyway, we'll be doing a Summer Challenge of some sort soon enough. I hope you'll stick around and join us!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Been hitting the bike in the gym pretty regularly lately in an effort to get me ready to go back to MMA.

It's beach season. :doh:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently most models with my height in Korea (even biracial ones) are 50kg or 110 lbs at the most. At a weight like that, I think I would probably look scary.

For example:
Kim Ahjoong, who starred in the movie "200 Pounds Beauty". She did her own singing in the movie as well.
170 cm, 48 kg (5'7", 106 lbs)
kim-ah-joong.jpg

YouTube - Byul by Kim Ah Joong (OST 200 Pounds Beauty)

However, she didn't always look like this. After high school she'd gotten plastic surgery, like up to 50% of young Korean women have done in larger cities such as Seoul.

kim-ajoongba.jpg

kim-ajoongba2.jpg

Considering that when I got sick a couple months ago and was at 127 lbs, I looked like this... :

P240110_0124-1.jpg

P240110_0155-2.jpg

I will probably look extremely unhealthy below a weight of 120 lbs. On top of this, my cheekbones are huge. Perhaps my body type was really not meant for this low level of BMI. Then again, before I started this diet/exercise routine I ate quite a bit more than the average person (baked good 24/7 lolol), and considering how fast I'm dropping weight even though I didn't start out as overweight, it might be alright after all. Now that I think about it, my boyfriend is 5'11.5" and weighs less than 150 lbs despite being reasonably muscular, and back in Korea he used to model and be in commercials as a side job.

IMGP4996.jpg

I remember the first time that I saw his naked thighs, I was kind of freaked out. XD

Conclusion: I will continue for my goal of 120 lbs, and see how things look from there.