• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

bi-polar bomb dropped

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Borderline Personality Disorder = BPD
Bipolar Disorder = BD

I'm not sure what's being discussed here not having read the whole thing... did BPD come in somewhere?

Whoopsie, my mistake. I edited my post.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I sometimes think I'm bipolar. Then I don't. Then I do.

Then I remember that I don't believe in the DSM and I go play nintendo.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I've just woken up again at 4:00 am to a program about colon cleansing and thought to myself how I need to drink less coffee and diet soda and more water.

Our son is thought to have bipolar disorder but it could take years to properly diagnose as he's only 6. It's upsetting, but what can you do? Do I have it? Did he get it from me? Overall I wouldn't say I'm happy and will probably start taking lexapro again because I feel up and down lately. Sometimes I feel anxious and panicky and other times I am okay but usually it's the former.

No one wants to think that there is something wrong with them but as I get older I believe that we're all a lot closer to insanity that we realize. Is it our diet, surroundings, the media hyping us up everyday? I have no idea, but I would like to feel settled and enjoy all that surrounds me. Lately I've been thinking that I have so much to be joyous about, but can't always see it. Am I burnt out and just need a vacation? That's what I've implanted in my mind anyway.

Anyway you do seem happier these days which has now prompted me to try and give up at least soda and possibly coffee just so I can feel healthier as i sit here with a horrible sinus headache. :eek:uch:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, there isn't anything remotely related to being over excited or other mood order problems, so I can't bring myself to the idea of having BD anymore. The difference coincided with caffeine withdrawal so pronouncedly that it leaves no doubt in my mind. But then again, why couldn't I visit a shrink anyway. I hear BD involves latent periods, too.

But.. but.. but.. everything that has driven and motivated the emotional rollercoaster is gone. With caffeine I was so hyped up all the time, I was often greatly irritated from people being people and working at their normal speed. I couldn't bring myself to relax just "being" except with emulation. But, I was anxious for slowing down to the speed of others, not able to relax completely, even tho I wanted to interact with them.

The caffeine rush feeded the need for extreme intensity of interaction (Ne). It was hard to arrange for this, and the pumped-up brain was more dependent on it.

I had 4 days of tiredness, and a few days of headache from dropping the amount from about 400-600mg to 100-300mg.

I'm afraid there aren't any current symptoms or issues to be reported to the psychologist should I go to see one right now. Hypomania & mania reportedly make the person ignorant of their own condition, but being as lazy, carefree and unexcited as I am, I can't believe in that explanation either.

It's the most probable explanation: I don't have BD, or I'm only subject to it under some conditions which I don't have right now.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Borderline Personality Disorder = BPD
Bipolar Disorder = BD

I'm not sure what's being discussed here not having read the whole thing... did BPD come in somewhere?
I don't remember who's used "BPD", perhaps I have.. but this thread is supposed to be only about Bipolar Disorder. I had the name wrong if I've written otherwise.