• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lery long lasting headaches

ygolo

My termites win
I have had a headache now for over 2 weeks now (it has changed in intensity, but has never gone away).

It makes it hard for me to sleep, and this morning there was quite a bit of nausea too (enough, that I couldn't do any work that required standing up for too long).

Anyone else had this?

Other than for a couple of times last week (vertigo, earache), again this morning (nausea, vertigo), the headache is the only symptom, so I don't think its is serious.

I used to get these long-lasting headaches a lot when I was younger. It has become less common now.

Just curious to see how common this is.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Sounds like a migraine. I have a killer headache right now from smoking 13 cigarettes in about 4 hours. I quit for a long time and then impulsively decided to nicotine poison myself. :doh:

creativeRhino

MBTI Type
INTJ
could be migrane - many of my friends seem to have nauseating migranes.

One of the key "get it checked out" issues is that if you have a bad headache on waking up that gets better when you get up you should consider a medical checkup - especially if the nausea comes and goes with the headache intensity. Also if you get sensitive to light and sound.

It never hurts to get any major change in health/symptoms checked out properly....

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
See a dentist!

I have had a headache now for over 2 weeks now (it has changed in intensity, but has never gone away).

It makes it hard for me to sleep, and this morning there was quite a bit of nausea too (enough, that I couldn't do any work that required standing up for too long).

Anyone else had this?

Other than for a couple of times last week (vertigo, earache), again this morning (nausea, vertigo), the headache is the only symptom, so I don't think its is serious.

I used to get these long-lasting headaches a lot when I was younger. It has become less common now.

Just curious to see how common this is.

I used to have horrible migraines usually just on 1 side of my temple. It was constant throbbing pain and would last days. Sleeping would not help. Advil would not help.

I found out later that I had TMJ, I think it runs in the family as my brother has it even worse than me. I can hear him grinding his teeth at night sometimes it's pretty bad.

I had orthodontic work done and that has fixed my TMJ! At the very least, you can get a mouth guard and see if that helps.

For mild migraines, I drink strong coffee. If that doesn't help, I pop aspirin like candy... :)

If the dentist tells you that you do NOT have TMJ, please please go to an MD to get a diagnosis. It might be something new agey like your 'sacro cranial alignment' is out of whack and give you a reason to try a new-agey therapy. Or it will be something else that yuo need to take care of, so be good to yourself and find out. :hug:

ygolo

My termites win
I used to have horrible migraines usually just on 1 side of my temple. It was constant throbbing pain and would last days. Sleeping would not help. Advil would not help.

I found out later that I had TMJ, I think it runs in the family as my brother has it even worse than me. I can hear him grinding his teeth at night sometimes it's pretty bad.

I had orthodontic work done and that has fixed my TMJ! At the very least, you can get a mouth guard and see if that helps.

For mild migraines, I drink strong coffee. If that doesn't help, I pop aspirin like candy... :)

If the dentist tells you that you do NOT have TMJ, please please go to an MD to get a diagnosis. It might be something new agey like your 'sacro cranial alignment' is out of whack and give you a reason to try a new-agey therapy. Or it will be something else that yuo need to take care of, so be good to yourself and find out. :hug:

I though my stiff jaw was due to tension...and that the long lasting headaches were due to the same thing. It is bearable, and I have had other ones last for months. I don't like popping pills.

I can ask my doctor what this is about.