• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
also I don't want to do high intensity elliptical biking for the simple reason that I don't want to end up with hugehumongous godzilla legs, so I prefer longer sessions at what to me and compared to what i used to do is medium intensity.

I like my godzilla thighs, tyvm.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So Kyuuei had a pretty good idea: Instead of having 1 or 2 cheat weeks, why not have cheat days instead?

The idea is each person will have 10 cheat days instead of just 1 cheat week. This is in addition to planned vacations, injury, and sickness. So if your goal is 4 days of cardio each week, and you only exercise twice, you lose 2 cheat days.

If there isn't any major dissent, I'm going to change the rules tomorrow on this.

For the curious, why 10 days? I'm a believer in the 10% rule - you can cheat 10% of the time and not notice a significant difference. (Unless you are going professional grade.) Since 4x/week is pretty common here, that's 4*26 weeks = 104 exercises. 10% of that is 10.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
ok had tons of stuff to work on at home yesterday one of which was to finish putting the kids trampoline up. limey did the super hard stuff but i did spend over an hour putting up the safety netting which was a pita and now i have a massive blister on my right middle finger. not pretty!

if i were to guess, i probably burned between 800-1000 calories out in the heat yesterday and about 800-1000 today mowing and trimming the lawn today.

sooo, tomorrow morning an hour of bootcamp at the gym and 30 of cardio in the afternoon at home (elliptical).

87d6a132e4cf__1250740926000-1.jpg
<--- badass humoring appreciated, but not mandatory. ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sooo, tomorrow morning an hour of bootcamp at the gym and 30 of cardio in the afternoon at home (elliptical).

87d6a132e4cf__1250740926000-1.jpg
<--- badass humoring appreciated, but not mandatory. ;)

Being active with practical stuff is one of the best ways to lose weight, IMO. You not only get the benefit of the exercise, but you also burn calories during the rest periods. So yeah, great job!

And yeah, that picture is indeed kinda badass!

Okay. I think I'm going to do this detox plan: Feel better in two weeks with Women to Women’s Quick-Cleanse

And exercise at least 4 times a week, which I mostly already do, but have been busy lately. I'm also going to check out a local yoga class next week.

I want a bikini body, too, dangit!

:holy: 'Lulah!

Glad you can join us. Those sound like admireable goals to me. That detox thing is interesting. A quick glance makes me think that diet tries to balance your pH levels in your blood stream by increasing alkaline foods and reducing acidic ones.

.... I have no idea what that actually means. Did it make me sound smart?

Also, I've officially decided I'm doing this workout to work on my 'bikini body'. Do they sell manly bikinis with lightning bolts and intimidating pictures of fire?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, that's prolly what it does. :p It'll also help me reduce the amount of toxins in my system caused by excess sugar, caffeine and preservatives, and help me keep my blood sugar even. About 10 years ago, I followed a similar eating plan and lost a crazy amount of weight without feeling like I was dieting (and I wasn't--I was trying to control panic attacks I was having by not jacking with my blood sugar).

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'll bite. I took the summer off after 9 months straight of hitting the gym pretty hard.

Sept. 1st I'm signing another year contract with my Mixed Martial Arts gym.

Last fall I got down to 193 lbs.

This time around I'd like to get down to 185 (so I can fight at middleweight)

Also, I would like to be in my first amateur fight.

edit: I'm at 221lbs right now so this will take some work.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll bite. I took the summer off after 9 months straight of hitting the gym pretty hard.

Sept. 1st I'm signing another year contract with my Mixed Martial Arts gym.

Last fall I got down to 193 lbs.

This time around I'd like to get down to 185 (so I can fight at middleweight)

Also, I would like to be in my first amateur fight.

edit: I'm at 221lbs right now so this will take some work.

Welcome to the fray! The MMA thing is badass - much respect.

How many times do you wish to work out a week?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Very nice thread, Udog.

Currently training for a triathlon.

- Run 1-2x/day averaging about 2-3 miles per repetition. Good for building muscle endurance for distances up to a half marathon, but somewhat lackluster for developing long distance rhythm (half marathon/higher).

- Weight training focused on building the following muscle groups: pectoral; quadriceps; triceps; biceps. Trying to tone upper body muscle with workouts 3-5x/week.

- Dietary regime consists of 3-5x servings of produce/day. Low carbs. High protein/Omega-3 intake courtesy of fish/assorted meats.

- No caffeine. No alcohol. 6-8 servings of water/day.

- Currently, I'm 6'1"; 185 lbs. Body fat percntage low (~ 17%).

Again, great thread. I'll update as my progress continues.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Udog you're an excellent motivator! It's official. We're all badass! :static:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very nice thread, Udog.

Currently training for a triathlon.

- Run 1-2x/day averaging about 2-3 miles per repetition. Good for building muscle endurance for distances up to a half marathon, but somewhat lackluster for developing long distance rhythm (half marathon/higher).

- Weight training focused on building the following muscle groups: pectoral; quadriceps; triceps; biceps. Trying to tone upper body muscle with workouts 3-5x/week.

- Dietary regime consists of 3-5x servings of produce/day. Low carbs. High protein/Omega-3 intake courtesy of fish/assorted meats.

- No caffeine. No alcohol. 6-8 servings of water/day.

- Currently, I'm 6'1"; 185 lbs. Body fat percntage low (~ 17%).

Again, great thread. I'll update as my progress continues.

Great to have you join us, Night. And thanks for the kind words.

One thing: It's your choice, but I can't help but to think 7x a week as an official goal doesn't leave much room for error. Since you are training for something specific, would you like to make the official goal 6x (or possibly 5x) a week? That'll give you a bit of room for error.

Also, a running a triathlon is a great goal. I've always wanted to do one. Although my secret, secret desire is to run the Ninja Warrior obstacle course. :D

We're all badass! :static:

Not only are you badass, but you are quite astute in your observational powers. You offer undiluted truth - let us take a moment to drink it in. :D

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Hell ya a bunch of times.

I've had my vision start to grey out on me.

It's all worth it once you start to realize how good you've gotten.

It's funny though, I carry the weight real well, when I ask people how much they think I weigh they'll usually say 190