• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Veer in what way? If you mean veer from exercising at all, then yes. However, if you mean different forms of exercise, just make your goals flexible enough to fit several regimens.

I mean veer from a schedule period. I'm too sporadic and impulsive to stick to a self-imposed schedule.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
** Updated OP with info and the current list of interested users.**

It should be noted that 6 months will take us to March 1, 2010. Of course, this being a last man standing contest, we may never make it that far out. We shall see!

I mean veer from a schedule period. I'm too sporadic and impulsive to stick to a self-imposed schedule.

Fair enough. Good luck!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hah! I thought school was supposed to make you smarter.

G

Glycerine

Well actually I totally spaced out on the time and came 35 minutes late to my honors class... so not quite. ;)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting the 1st (or 31st, I forget)! I'll see if I can keep up on it while I'm away, but we'll see. (There are roads in Germany, aren't there?)

Seriously though, reading your guys' fitness goals- y'all crazy. I have been doing more active things the last 6 months or so but I suck at structuring myself into anything.

My goals:
1) an 8 minute mile- I haven't timed myself in ages but in high school I think my best time was 9:45
2) hiking once a week (90 min) & jogging 3 times a week (40 min): This is not extremely difficult for me right now, but will probably take lots of planning and determination once my classes start. I think my goal will just be to keep this schedule at first, and if I succeed to increase distance/decrease time.
3) I would also like to take a dance class (they are usually 100 minutes a week, I believe), but we'll see on this one
4) 10 push-ups (in a row!)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Udog (I can't win it, though.)

You are a winner. You ARE a winner!

I'm actually getting a bit excited! I think I'm going to go for 30-60 minutes on weekdays. I really want to make 60 minutes but with a 4 year old home and 3 other random children at school and with all my responsibilities I think 30-60 is a good plan to be able to hit.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm in!!

Goals:

First month: 30 minutes of cardio five days a week, hike/run on the weekend.
Add 15 minutes for weights each day to ensure a good upper body and legs workout.

Second month onwards: Increase the cardio to 45 minutes and substitute with a run outside on good weather days.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting the 1st (or 31st, I forget)! I'll see if I can keep up on it while I'm away, but we'll see. (There are roads in Germany, aren't there?)

My goals:
1) an 8 minute mile- I haven't timed myself in ages but in high school I think my best time was 9:45
2) hiking once a week (90 min) & jogging 3 times a week (40 min): This is not extremely difficult for me right now, but will probably take lots of planning and determination once my classes start. I think my goal will just be to keep this schedule at first, and if I succeed to increase distance/decrease time.
3) I would also like to take a dance class (they are usually 100 minutes a week, I believe), but we'll see on this one
4) 10 push-ups (in a row!)

Sounds great! I hope you enjoy your vacation - I've always wanted to visited Germany, so consider me envious! :D Do you know what day you will be getting back?

You are a winner. You ARE a winner!

I'm actually getting a bit excited! I think I'm going to go for 30-60 minutes on weekdays. I really want to make 60 minutes but with a 4 year old home and 3 other random children at school and with all my responsibilities I think 30-60 is a good plan to be able to hit.

It's "a winner is you." ;)

You are smart keeping your goals reasonable. I worry about people overdoing it right out of the gate, before they've gotten into the habit.

And I agree - I'm getting pretty excited about this as well! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111)

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in!!

Goals:

First month: 30 minutes of cardio five days a week, hike/run on the weekend.
Add 15 minutes for weights each day to ensure a good upper body and legs workout.

Second month onwards: Increase the cardio to 45 minutes and substitute with a run outside on good weather days.

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join us.

5 days of 30 minutes of cardio, with 15 minutes for weights? Sounds great! I like that you've already planned month 2 increases.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh yeah, so udog was wise to give me a reput point asking if i could share what the hell i meant by 'why not'.

MMMhhh
1 hour or more of medium intensity cardio 6 times a week for the next month. (i've been doing it at least 4 times a week grand minimum for the last wait, i didn't count, 4 months maybe?)
Not forget to do stretchings before, as I tend to overlook it out of pure laziness (which is paradoxical as i then happily spend 2 hours jogging).
I'm in fact going to do some cardio like, right now.

I used to jog alot so it's not much of a physical issue, my metabolism is naturally uber slow and it doesn't fit my personality at all to be all low energy, so I kind of need to keep active to stay sharp.

'll post later

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, so udog was wise to give me a reput point asking if i could share what the hell i meant by 'why not'.

MMMhhh
1 hour or more of medium intensity cardio 6 times a week for the next month. (i've been doing it at least 4 times a week grand minimum for the last wait, i didn't count, 4 months maybe?)
Not forget to do stretchings before, as I tend to overlook it out of pure laziness (which is paradoxical as i then happily spend 2 hours jogging).
I'm in fact going to do some cardio like, right now.

I used to jog alot so it's not much of a physical issue, my metabolism is naturally uber slow and it doesn't fit my personality at all to be all low energy, so I kind of need to keep active to stay sharp.

'll post later

I find stretching to be a pain as well. When I decide to exercise, I'm ready to be active, not sit still for 30 second intervals as I run through the muscle groups. :doh:

6 times a week seems like a bit much for a minimum goal, especially since we are talking 6 months here. Might I suggest making 5 the minimum and go 6x a week when you are so inspired? Just a thought. Either way, I'm glad that you joined!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*whew* Today at the gym I biked for ~10 miles (mostly uphill on their simulation game) and walked for 2 and a half.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Daaaamn. Color me impressed, Kitty. :happy0065:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good heavens, Cat. o_O My thighs are screaming just reading that.

I only got in 15 minutes walking yesterday b/c I felt really bad. Sheer cussedness kept me on my feet.

I WILL HAVE A BIKINI BODY, DARN YOU!! (even if it takes 70 years.... *ahem*)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I find stretching to be a pain as well. When I decide to exercise, I'm ready to be active, not sit still for 30 second intervals as I run through the muscle groups. :doh:

6 times a week seems like a bit much for a minimum goal, especially since we are talking 6 months here. Might I suggest making 5 the minimum and go 6x a week when you are so inspired? Just a thought. Either way, I'm glad that you joined!

Yeah true, 6 a week is not really substainable for months, just, not healthy. 5, Deal!
I like using my elliptical bike, I used to jog, which's physically harder. But the bike goes easy on knees and feet, which is a real pro when doing at least 7 hours of cardio a week with over 2 hours long sessions coming up quite often.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
also I don't want to do high intensity elliptical biking for the simple reason that I don't want to end up with hugehumongous godzilla legs, so I prefer longer sessions at what to me and compared to what i used to do is medium intensity.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only got in 15 minutes walking yesterday b/c I felt really bad. Sheer cussedness kept me on my feet.

I WILL HAVE A BIKINI BODY, DARN YOU!! (even if it takes 70 years.... *ahem*)

That's good! Is it possible that some degree of persistence will help out over time? 15 minutes is a good start.

As for as bikini body - why would you want your body to be in two pieces? :confused:

Yeah true, 6 a week is not really substainable for months, just, not healthy. 5, Deal!
I like using my elliptical bike, I used to jog, which's physically harder. But the bike goes easy on knees and feet, which is a real pro when doing at least 7 hours of cardio a week with over 2 hours long sessions coming up quite often.

I agree - I screwed up my knee jogging. Since it's my favorite form of exercise (I love exploring an area via a jog), I've been struggling with exercise ever since.

I'd love to get some swimming done if I had access to a pool. Minus that, I am a fan of the elliptical.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also I don't want to do high intensity elliptical biking for the simple reason that I don't want to end up with hugehumongous godzilla legs, so I prefer longer sessions at what to me and compared to what i used to do is medium intensity.

But how will you effectively subdue Tokyo without them?! You already have the huge humongous Godzilla head and arms! This will make for a total loss of balance!

That's good! Is it possible that some degree of persistence will help out over time? 15 minutes is a good start.

I have to use my sneak ninja attack skillz. Work my way up. Apply myself for the moments I can, and then back off. Repetition is the key, me thinks.

As for as bikini body - why would you want your body to be in two pieces? :confused:

:doh:

I'd love to get some swimming done if I had access to a pool.

The last time I left the fence gate open, you jumped in and started flailing the ladies with your big muddy paws.