• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think my goals are tooooo
1. jog/walk the 4 mile bike trail i've been wanting to check out
2. Cardio 4 days a week for 45 minutes a day. I want to lose some inches on my whole body. I wish i could target my thighs.
3. Strength training 2 days a week, I want to strengthen my back mostly, my back muscles are very weak and i have trouble standing up for long periods of time. It would also be cool to have more toned arms

I think this will do for now. i have to take PE this semester at school, so that might help reach some of these goals. :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My goals are:

Some kind of exercise every day: 20 minute Jillian 30 Day Shred video, ball workout or 1 hour callanetics, alternated throughout the week.

Work up to running or biking for 30 min at a go. This is a longer term goal. Little bit every day. I have exercise asthma, so am working on getting my lungs stronger.

Eating vegetables at each meal and no bread/whole grains till I've exercised. Consistently eating breakfast. Drinking 2L water/day.

Cutting down to one Coke a week and 1 treat a week. I used to drink 2 bottles of Coke a day and now am down to a can three times or less a week. Replacing my hot chocolate fix with tea.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't hit the gym for a month, so I can't do the lifts or the swimming until then. I can prep myself though.

Glad you can join! What kind of exercises will you do for prep until you have access to the fancier equipment?

Ok, I want to work up to stationary biking about an hour a day. I just don't really like my posture on the dang thing. I should also being doing my exercises for my loose shoulder (which will help my posture) but I don't know if I can commit to that :p

Hmm... I can see the problem with fixing your shoulder. That's a pretty impressive trump card you have there.

Doing some exercises to improve your posture is certain a good idea. (Reminds me, I'll have to amend my goals to include my old physical therapy knee exercises.)

I would have to do it every day or I would space. My high Ni is my kryptonite haha :doh:

Hah! Okay, then. For purposes of the contest, want to consider the diet improvements an everyday thing and perhaps 4-5 days a week on the situps? Everyday doesn't allow much room for error, and rest does the body good.

I think my goals are tooooo
1. jog/walk the 4 mile bike trail i've been wanting to check out
2. Cardio 4 days a week for 45 minutes a day. I want to lose some inches on my whole body. I wish i could target my thighs.
3. Strength training 2 days a week, I want to strengthen my back mostly, my back muscles are very weak and i have trouble standing up for long periods of time. It would also be cool to have more toned arms

I think this will do for now. i have to take PE this semester at school, so that might help reach some of these goals. :)

Oh yes... use PE class to help get you in the habit. That all but ensures you will make it 4 out of the 6 months. Smart girl. :yes:

One thought: All three together may be a bit much. At least at first. What do you want to consider your 'minimum' goal? How about ~45 minutes of exercise 4 days a week?

My goals are:

Some kind of exercise every day: 20 minute Jillian 30 Day Shred video, ball workout or 1 hour callanetics, alternated throughout the week.

Work up to running or biking for 30 min at a go. This is a longer term goal. Little bit every day. I have exercise asthma, so am working on getting my lungs stronger.

Eating vegetables at each meal and no bread/whole grains till I've exercised. Consistently eating breakfast. Drinking 2L water/day.

Cutting down to one Coke a week and 1 treat a week. I used to drink 2 bottles of Coke a day and now am down to a can three times or less a week. Replacing my hot chocolate fix with tea.

Very admirable goals! I recommend against a 7 day a week exercise routine, though. Rest is good, and going from nothing to 7 days is difficult. How about 4-5 days? If you are inspired, you can do more.

I like your dietary goals as well. Coke is a complete waste of calories - so good job reducing that. And yes, eat breakfast! That thing about it being the most important meal of the day is true.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty good at eating breakfast regularly when school is in except during the busiest times of the year (sleep is one of my other goals this year, so I'm not draggy in the morning). I usually take Sundays off. This summer, I've only been walking, but for most of the school year was working out 5-6 times a week. I had an excercise partner next door as well as a ladies exercise group a couple times a week at school. I was sick and very busy at the end of the year though so fell off the wagon for the last two months. I won't have those things here, but do have a cousin who works at my school whom I will work out with at lunch twice a week and maybe sometimes after school, depending on her schedule. I'm trying to sucker my mum into doing something once a week as well.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Weight-training is so satisfying, best feeling ever after a good workout. I don't know how people can stand cardio though, I get bored after 5 minutes, maybe that "high intensity" cardio stuff is best for me. Anyone know anything about it?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I couldn't do this challenge because it would mean having to stick to a schedule that I created with the ability to veer from it any time I wanted. Then again, competitions do not motivate me. =\

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weight-training is so satisfying, best feeling ever after a good workout. I don't know how people can stand cardio though, I get bored after 5 minutes, maybe that "high intensity" cardio stuff is best for me. Anyone know anything about it?

Ipod and music make a huge difference for me. I've also been known to take some sort of educational module and listen to it during cardio. I don't really know much about "high intensity" cardio, though.

I couldn't do this challenge because it would mean having to stick to a schedule that I created with the ability to veer from it any time I wanted. Then again, competitions do not motivate me. =\

Veer in what way? If you mean veer from exercising at all, then yes. However, if you mean different forms of exercise, just make your goals flexible enough to fit several regimens.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hadn't thought of listening to lectures.

It's fantastic. I've had trouble quitting cardio before if it was on a really interesting topic. I highly recommend it.

The only downside is it's hard to really push myself with cardio and still be able to listen. It has to be a moderate workout.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Okay. So my goal, overall, is to get down to and maintain 130lbs. How I aim to do this:

- Eat breakfast everyday.
- Drink water (I already do this.. Water, tea, juice, and milk are all I ever want.)
- Have 5 basic meals that add up to roughly 1300 calories.
- Continue the healthy cooking I've been doing via the Cook Yourself Thin cookbook

- Go to class monday through thursday. (Monday and Wed. Nights I have weight training class, Tue and Thurs I have aerobics class)
- Continue running/walking with my folks
- Continue to alternate different levels of the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD
- Skate at least 3 times a week.
- Have 1 day of rest a week.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Peer motivation is a good thing, I think.

My workout has slackened off so this would be a nice point to jump back into it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay. So my goal, overall, is to get down to and maintain 130lbs. How I aim to do this:

- Eat breakfast everyday.
- Drink water (I already do this.. Water, tea, juice, and milk are all I ever want.)
- Have 5 basic meals that add up to roughly 1300 calories.
- Continue the healthy cooking I've been doing via the Cook Yourself Thin cookbook

- Go to class monday through thursday. (Monday and Wed. Nights I have weight training class, Tue and Thurs I have aerobics class)
- Continue running/walking with my folks
- Continue to alternate different levels of the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD
- Skate at least 3 times a week.
- Have 1 day of rest a week.

Sounds like a very active lifestyle. *envies* Also: :nice:

My workout has slackened off so this would be a nice point to jump back into it.

It is indeed. Not only is it a good thing, but some sort of support group that holds you accountable is a huge indicated of success.

Have you thought about what type of exercise goals you'd like to challenge yourself with?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Just let me even think that I might be letting people down and there's no way I can fail :laugh: We'd be happy to help motivate you!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You're right I need a minimum, I'll start with cardio 4 days a week for 45 minutes a day. :)

Usehername

On a mission
I need to put on some muscle, so I'll commit to doing wall-sits, twisty-half-situps* and push-ups every day until 2010.

*Where you sit in the halfway position in a sit-up, rotate your abdominal muscles while you palm both hands to your left, and then both hands to your right. "One" equals a left-right combination. This is more fun to do than a normal sit-up, works more core muscles, and though you have to do quantitatively more to get a similar burn, does not involve neck strain.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh man. I am a wimp for real. But I have a class reunion in a couple of months, so maybe between that and this I will do something about my midsection. I am not worried about how much I weigh at this point, I just don't like where some of it has settled.

Goals (don't laugh - I said I was wimpy):
Drink only two cans of soda a day
Eat at least one serving of fruit/vegetable a day
Continue to walk at least a mile with my husband 3 or more times a week.
Do some kind of crunches every day for . . . I'll start with five minutes and add a few more minutes each week

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Cafe ^ An easy way of regulating the soda thing is to just have your sodas with lunch and dinner.. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Cafe ^ An easy way of regulating the soda thing is to just have your sodas with lunch and dinner.. :)
That is a very good idea. It's so hard to pay attention to that stuff that it really is best if I just make a thing part of my routine so I don't have to try to remember.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
It is indeed. Not only is it a good thing, but some sort of support group that holds you accountable is a huge indicated of success.

Have you thought about what type of exercise goals you'd like to challenge yourself with?

Hmm. Well my exercises weren't really aimed at losing weight but gaining muscle. That said, my flaw is not in setting unrealistic goals, but that of failing in consistency.

My goal would then be to resume my 3x/week schedule I had going before and stick to it, less a few unavoidable exceptions such as illness, injury, and absence. Keeping the pace for 6 straight months would be quite the feat for me.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I want to continue my exercise schedule- Run 3 days a week, 1 day soccer, 1 day volleyball (which will switch to hockey in October).

My goal: Run a 23 minute 5k (3 miles) in October. So to get to that time I need to improve my speed. I can consistently run 27 minutes and could probably do 25 in a race with competition. So to shave off a few minutes I need to include some sprinting into my running routine.