• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm starting tomorrow, I think. I don't know if I'm pushing it since my kids aren't back at school though so we still have lots of running around.

What do you think is a good challenge for you? When do the kids go back at school?

I'd like to try it (barring physical indisposition). :) I'm hoping the new stuff my dr. gave me will control the pain so I can really go for it.

Sounds great - I hope you are feeling well enough that you can join in. Since some of this is developing the habit, it doesn't need to be a super difficult routine. Something you can handle. :)

I'd like to try it as well :) But my idea of an exercise goal is to make yoga a habit at least three times a week for starters. Does that count?

Yoga is supposed to be pretty good at developing core strength, right? If it's pushing yourself a bit, and enough to tire you out just a bit, I say yes it counts. Go for it!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We're going to have to let out the forum a little to accommodate all the muscles!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh - my goals.

Go to the gym to lift a minimum of 3x a week.
1 day cardio a week. That will likely also be at the gym until my knee gets all sorted out and I can jog again.

Of course, I'll be allowed to do more - but that is my minimum goal.

I'll join Udog!

Sweeeeet! Any idea what kind of goals you wish to strive for?

We're going to have to let out the forum a little to accommodate all the muscles!

Hah! People will be intimidated by the sheen of the forum muscles.

G

Glycerine

I want in! It would be good. My goals would be to eat more vegetables, cut back on sugar, stop eating 3 hours before bed, do situps/crunches on a regular basis.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do we take pictures after the jig is up? I do so love jigging. :) My forearms are getting kinda scary, man-dawg. *flexes at you* *pulls muscle* ooowww.... *teeters over*

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if I have "goals", and I exercise regularly anyways, but I'd be happy to join/tag along. If I had ot make goals

1) get back into jogging
2) jog regularly
3) lower body workouts
4) chi kung and tai chi/bagua related training
5) step up martial arts training
6) do more yoga/stretching

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to update the OP Monday with a list of names of currently known participants.

I want in! It would be good. My goals would be to eat more vegetables, cut back on sugar, stop eating 3 hours before bed, do situps/crunches on a regular basis.

Sounds good! How many times a week will you strive for? :)

Do we take pictures after the jig is up? I do so love jigging. :) My forearms are getting kinda scary, man-dawg. *flexes at you* *pulls muscle* ooowww.... *teeters over*

Pictures are up to you. I know some people are more comfortable with that type of thing than others, so I wanted to leave it out of the contest. However, pictures are a good way to motivate. I'll likely take a picture but save it to the end of the contest.

Also, I won't fall for your displays of weakness to attempt to lure me closer. Your people devouring ENFJ love child with Pitseleh cannot have me!

I don't know if I have "goals", and I exercise regularly anyways, but I'd be happy to join/tag along. If I had ot make goals

1) get back into jogging
2) jog regularly
3) lower body workouts
4) chi kung and tai chi/bagua related training
5) step up martial arts training
6) do more yoga/stretching

Well, there needs to be goals so we know if you are making them. If you aren't, then you get disqualified. That's where the contest part comes in. :)

So, what concrete things can you do? How often do you wish to jog and do lower body workouts, or example?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dawg meat is very nutritious. The Fiend Baby approves of your fitness regimen.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, I want to work up to stationary biking about an hour a day. I just don't really like my posture on the dang thing. I should also being doing my exercises for my loose shoulder (which will help my posture) but I don't know if I can commit to that :p

(My shoulder has always been "loose" which means that I can pop it out of joint, and it started hurting a year or two ago, it's gotten better but the dr. says it will prob get better and worse and so on as the years go by. It was funny when I went in to show him he looked impressed with how I could pop it out, he thought it was some normal "owww my shoulder hurts thing")

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread needs to go ahead and change into it's ZUBAZ pants.

Elaur, Mr. Miyagi could fix that shoulder.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think my loose shoulder is cool! I like grossing people out with it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think my loose shoulder is cool! I like grossing people out with it.

Suh-weeeet! I knew a guy who would take his fake eye out and terrorize his daughter with it. Good times!

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm in.

Arbitrary Goals (assuming 6 months):-

1. Swimming: 1 km Freestyle without stopping. 0.5km Front Crawl without stopping. 0.20 km Butterfly without stopping.
2. Running: 3 miles in 17 minutes.
3. Chin ups: 5 sets of 8 reps, with 15 kg extra weight.
4. Pull ups: 5 sets of 8 reps.
5. Bench Press: TBA
6. Squats: TBA
7. Deadlifts: TBA
8. Military Press: TBA
9. To be able to do 1 handstand push up.
10. Dips: 5 sets of 8 reps, with 15 kg extra weight.
11. Sprinting: TBA
12. Able to do the splits, and other awkward demonstrations of flexibility.

For the TBA, I haven't really tried them, so I don't know what to set as a goal. Sprinting I simply haven't timed.

I can't hit the gym for a month, so I can't do the lifts or the swimming until then. I can prep myself though.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Suh-weeeet! I knew a guy who would take his fake eye out and terrorize his daughter with it. Good times!

Wow, im totally jealous. I can point my eye in different directions and flip my eyelids inside out though. I totally need a fake eye to terrorize my kids with.
Independent Eyes on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Am I kicked out for being so off topic?

My exercise goal:
I hope to exercise my eyes so I can take one out and terrorize my kids with it!

(Did that work to get on topic? And why can't I make a link silver?)