• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Addiction to fat and salt

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Omg too embarassed to talk in lenght.

Potato chips, other food with fat and salt.

I've read about it, tried to overcome it.. if this were an isolated task, okay, I'd do it.. but I have other stuff to consider. Bah.

I'll feel like hell for eating a whole bag (300g) or almost a pound of potato chips. Salt like I usually eat in a week. And I'm a thin man. Grr

Hell

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sorry if I wrote an incoherent post. I just felt out of control for a second. Food addiction is just something I won't have, even for a second. And, I believe I could do this every now and then if I don't watch for it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Im totally addicted to food, and I will eat through salt faster than any sweet. I feel your pain, but offer no cure. Salt is something I crave.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i occasionally drift into period of stress/boredom/emotional eating. fat and salt is a winning combination. it's out of my control. i normally am a careful eater, staying away from dairy and processed foods, but under stress all i want is kraft mac n cheese. smartfood popcorn. basically gross stuff..

i'm thin as well, but my metabolism won't always be there to back me up. i haven't been able to isolate things/behaviors/tricks that reduce cravings. any tips?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm in no way addicted to fatty foods, and the only salt I'm addicted to is by way of kettle corn which i can eat pounds of a day :p. Otherwise it's mostly habit, and I have eliminated a lot of unhealthy eating habits. Exercise really helps you to correct your eating habits along with careful attention to your diet. I very very very rarely eat anything that's actually processed food (potato chips and snack foods). Almost anything processed tends to make me ill nowadays simply because of their poor nutritional quality. Fresh meats, fruits/vegies, nuts/beans, and grains. That's all ya need.