• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your morning routine?

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you just to the same thing every morning, or do you have a premeditated list of thing to do ?

What's your morning routine and if pre-meditated, why do it and how has it worked for you?

coffee/tea, walking, stretching, yoga, exercise, meditation, watching the sun, running around, throwing the alarm clock, eating on the go/full breakfast, etc

P

Phantonym

My morning routine. Haha. I feel like writing an essay again. I guess I do have some sort of a premeditated "list" in my mind. I don't follow an actual list, I do things as I feel like doing them. But it tends to be a sort of positive routine of the same things I do every morning, in certain succesive order. Doing something like that every morning gives me, I don't know if you could call it strength, it's more like inner composure, having control over things I can control before facing the things outside of the comfort of my home, things I cannot really control. It's working for me very well. Every time I have to change my routine, whenever I'm travelling or staying at other people's place over night, it really does disrupt the whole day.

I've had this one persistent superstition from years and years ago. I always make sure that my right foot touches the ground first when getting up from bed. When I was a child, I read it from somewhere that if you touch the ground with your right foot, the day is going to be positive and it has stuck with me. I can't say that I actually believe it but the inner feeling of doing it is too strong. Hmm. I haven't had something really negative happen to me so, maybe it's actually working :rofl1:

I open the windows and take a breath of fresh air right after getting out of bed. It helps to clear the head. Usually I don't turn on the lights and I like to walk around with my eyes half-closed. I like the silence or I turn on my favourite radio station with the volume quite low. It helps to set the mood for the day ahead. Usually I wake up like three hours before I have to go somewhere (I live in a city where it takes about 15 minutes walk to get to just about everywhere). I like to do things really slow and enjoy doing them.
Yoga exercises, long shower, slowly preparing breakfast and then savoring the taste, going through my e-mails. I used to subscribe newspapers and I loved reading them all through from page one but now I usually read them online. It's not really the same but now I can afford to read through like 5 of them, so that's a plus.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Weekends:
I wake up (the children usually wake me up), I change clothes, I eat and drink coffee (and probably go to bathroom, lol). Then I would like to read the magazine but we won't get ours until later on due to our home in the countryside. So, after that I start to plan the daily activities or something.

Weekdays:
I wake up (alarm clock), take shower, eat, dress up, go to work with my car and drink some coffee on the way.

My morning routine is ok. I'm the morning routine person but my evenings are mostly disorganized and non-routined. :D So, I'm a J in the morning and after 12 in the mid day, I'll change into P. :D

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hmm, I never really plan my days or mornings out before I do them.. I just get up piss if I need to get in the shower get ready and see how my day goes from there:yes:

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My morning routine is ok. I'm the morning routine person but my evenings are mostly disorganized and non-routined. :D So, I'm a J in the morning and after 12 in the mid day, I'll change into P. :D

hehe, I always knew that people can change their preferences. But to have it mapped by hour, that's something noteworthy. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Routine? Are you mad? :peepwall:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chore-list you mean!

wolfy

awsm
I get up
I eat porridge, eggs and a grapefruit.
I drink a cup of coffee with two teaspoons of coffee.
I get my bag ready for the gym.
Later.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've had this one persistent superstition from years and years ago. I always make sure that my right foot touches the ground first when getting up from bed. When I was a child, I read it from somewhere that if you touch the ground with your right foot, the day is going to be positive and it has stuck with me. I can't say that I actually believe it but the inner feeling of doing it is too strong. Hmm. I haven't had something really negative happen to me so, maybe it's actually working :rofl1:

:shock: INFJ's can be soooo weird. Hehe.

I actually heard it's better to wake up and leap from bed into a barrel roll.

As for routine, the first thing I do when I wake up is roll over and groan really loud and think negative thoughts about all the shit I have to do that I will likely put off till the next day.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
I am not a morning person. I often just stay up. When I get up, I eat something and take my ADD meds... when they kick in I remember where I put my detailed list of things to do. During the normal school year, I have everything packed up by the door so that I don't have to think about it before I can focus... I always take late morning classes so I can drop my daughter at school and come back home and get showered/dressed without her trying to disassemble anything. When my SO is around, he wakes me up and brings me something to put on my stomach with my meds. Then he does the school trip while I lay in bed pretending that I don't have to get up. :cheese:

P

Phantonym

:shock: INFJ's can be soooo weird. Hehe.

I actually heard it's better to wake up and leap from bed into a barrel roll.

OMG, OMG, OMG. Now I read this and...can't...resist...the urge...

:rofl1:

I thank you, Synarch, from the depths of my heart, for adding to my weirdness :hug:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get up
I eat porridge, eggs and a grapefruit.
I drink a cup of coffee with two teaspoons of coffee.
I get my bag ready for the gym.
Later.

Rock on. That's the way to start the day right. :yes:

Mine is similar:
(1) Get up
(2) Coffee + Protein Shake (Whey, Soy Mlk, Peanut Butter, Banana, Cinnamon, a little ice cold H20) + Vitamins (Handful)
(3) Feed Doggie, Walk Doggie, Let Coffee Kick in...
(4) Shower, Shave, Get Dressed
(5) Breakfast with Wifey and Kiddies
(6) Empty Dryer, Lay out Clothes on Bed in Den, Transfer CLothes from Washer into Dryer, Empty Hamper into Washer All things at once Cold water, dye free detergent, color safe bleach, VOILA!
(7) Herd kids into car drive them to school, I go to work...
(8) Take nap at office. ;)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I cannot answer this question.

My alarm clock goes off, and somehow I find myself sitting at work. :unsure:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you just to the same thing every morning, or do you have a premeditated list of thing to do ?

What's your morning routine and if pre-meditated, why do it and how has it worked for you?

coffee/tea, walking, stretching, yoga, exercise, meditation, watching the sun, running around, throwing the alarm clock, eating on the go/full breakfast, etc

Step 1: Wake up early by accident because my alarm is on.
Step 2: Decide if I need to wake up early or of I can roll back over and sleep till Noon.
Step 3: Varies beyond the decision at Step 2.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am waken because the alarm rings
I shut off the alarm
I sleep
I wake up again and see that I have to be at work in an hour
I fall out of bed
I go make coffee and have one till its ten to full
I put on half of my office dress the wrong way
I leave house and drive with insane speed to work to make up for the coffee pause
I show up for work point 8 am
And from then on only follows: coffee, coffee,coffee and in the evening I cook a nice meal

Glad I only have to work three days a week, otherwise the stress will gonna kill me :D

mszoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I set my alarm for about an hour before I need to leave the house to catch a bus and two trains.
However, I know I only need like 10 minutes to groom and leave the door.
Sometimes I sleep for an extra 30 minutes until the top 40 hits on my clock radio annoys me to wake up.
Sometimes I wake up at the alarm and prepare and pack coffee, breakfast, and lunch.
The morning always includes feeding the pets.

Sadly, I do not have any positive or healthy routines or rituals, just doing whats needed to start my day.
I guess if I actually woke at the alarm I could begin my day with stretches, watering the plants, drinking some water, and preparing the workday meals.
I guess I could be more efficient, but I am kinda happy with my current options. :p