• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Women - how many times a week should you wash your hair?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just shave your head, then you never have to worry again.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It really depends on how greasy your hair gets/if you get dandruff/ect.

I was every other day because of dandruff, though my shampoo/conditioner combo helps with that

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it depends on what your hair is like, but I wash mine every day/every other day. it's not thin, but it gets greasy on the top/around my face and I feel like dry shampoo just doesn't really cut it for me

Caribelle

I guess this thread is for Caucasian women?
As a black woman, I was my hair every three weeks or so. Our hair isn't oily and is prone to dryness, so washing it every day would dry it out completely.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've gone from every day to once every four or five days. I started doing that because my hair was dry and because I was needing Epsom salts soaks and couldn't justify needlessly using that much water if I could avoid it fairly painlessly. It's taken awhile for my hair, but I actually like it better a day or two in, rather than freshly washed.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess this thread is for Caucasian women?
As a black woman, I was my hair every three weeks or so. Our hair isn't oily and is prone to dryness, so washing it every day would dry it out completely.

How do you decide when it needs it? Also, do you use any product in your hair? Is buildup of that ever a problem? That's one of the reasons I used to wash my curlyish hair more frequently, even though it was dry. I wanted to revive the wave pattern and get rid of some of the buildup of gel.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so the title cuts off at how many times a week. and so my brains fills the rest in with do you masturbate

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At the moment 1-2 X per week, no conditioner. It's bleached and I quite like the rough and ready and body texture it has like this. But eh, I may change it up again at some point. I was thinking of a pale blue...

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my hair is very strange.

It's neither thin, nor is it really thick. I get greasy roots by Day #2. Drives me crazy.

It's also got some weird texture going on, as it's naturally wavy, but some strands in the back are a bit kinky. I can easily look a bit wild when it's a humid day... hair goes poof!

jamain

MBTI Type
IST_
I wash mine almost every day during the summer months, especially if I've spent much time outside in the heat. During the winter months I tend to wash my hair every other day, but definitely on the days I go to the gym. Washing my hair every day during the winter tends to dry it out a bit.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try to go every other day. often when I was working it'd go every three days though. I also have oily hair though.