• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most difficult athletic exercise you've ever done?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Hiking in the mountains with full gear for boot camp/combat school. I never knew what it meant to sweat until then. Completely drenched, like I had walked through the shower room in my utilities uniform.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
To be fair to my teachers I was under no pressure to push myself that hard. I was having a very "on" day and decided to see how far I could take the exercise. It was only after finishing and winding down that I felt the nasty feedback.

In a more general sense, I wonder if soldiers and athletes experience that particular sensation. I can certainly see soldiers being repeatedly pushed beyond their normal limits of fatigue.

That only happens to me during the first month of hard training (march, usually). Afterwards, even if I force, I'm still in the boundaries of my limits.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If we also consider weather conditions as a part of difficulty, the worst day of my life was when I climbed a pass in the dolomites up to 2200 metres during a race (hardest race of the year, 210 kms and over 4000 metres of uphill); it was raining at the start (500 metres) and 12° C; near 1500 it started to light snow, but as long as we were going uphill it wasn't so bad. At the top, I had to descend for 25 km with the first 12 under snow and freezing rain. Most people risked falling simply because were were all trembling really hard (it was the end of june, so this weather was quite unexpected). After that, I didn't touch my bike for 1 month.

Yikes! O_O That doesn't sound safe at all.
I had the opposite. I had to do a 3 mile cross-country race, somehow almost all uphill [it is known as one of the hardest xc courses in the world], in 110 degree weather.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Honestly, running has always been the hardest for me. Just straight up simple running. I've been battling it nearly my entire adulthood, and I'm only now very very recently starting to think it isn't the work of the devil. It's the only solitary exercise that completely drains me when I'm done with it.

A close cousin of the run is the circuit training. Yaay for running in circles and doing various difficult exercises between runs. It's like a downhill spiral. You think "Yay I made it to the station no more running!" and then the exercise you do makes you think "Plz just let me run again... plz.." rinse, repeat.

My favorite way of exerting myself: sports or activities. I tend to forget my physical pains in the face of entertainment.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
for me, my most brutal excercise was once when i really pushed myself way beyond my limits running. it was just regular running, on the street in NYC, nothing special. but i just kept going. there was no real reason or mental attitude behind it, it was not a question of 'how far can i go' or endurance test or running from my problems. i just kept running. anyway, i finally collapsed and had to just lay there for a while, until i could call somebody to pick me up.

My Leg Workouts at the Gym - I can't walk straight for days after I work my legs, sometimes (maybe twice per year) I even end up barfing during the workout I am so completely hacked out and over-exerted. I don't screw around. :doh:

Halla, i also occasionally push myself with exercise, until i can't take any more. not often, but sometimes i just can't stop. i push myself in cardio workouts instead of weight training, but i think that is just because cardio is more natural/comfortable for me. i am a cardio guy, for sure.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
playing midfield in soccer...very tiring, but fun, if my coach and teammates would allow me to play this position after me complaining so much

running sprints around a track (sprint, walk, sprint, walk) tiring and boring at the same time

if not paced, long distance running wears me out, plus is boring, unless you're running around some beautiful countryside (slowly) which I never had the opportunity to do

anything that makes my muscles and heart work beyond contemplation of the feat lol

swimming laps...gawd never a more grueling exercise. i simply refuse to swim laps

isometric exercises are the most painful ever, and a second runner up to aerobic exercise (personally I'd rather do isometric)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
^ i've heard yoga get's really intense at some points and you actually start sweating and stuff lawl

You laugh but I was in pain and bathed in sweat at the end of it . . . and I sweat less than most people.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I haven't done anything over the top. Swimming distance is always hard for me, and soccer midfield is tough in a fast paced game.

Most difficult? One 10k I ran was accompanied by some intense humidity. It was like suffocating in my own skin while running. Not a good combo.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My uncle whos a fitness guru got me on a "road work" exercise program, which is what the UFC fighters use. Its a combination of ballistic weight training rounds broken up with 10 min sprints. I passed out after round 2 sprint the first time. :dont:

Also, pointe work in ballet is the definition of pain.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Lemme see...

Sprint-stop-sprint routines. I was made for endurance, man. The shin splits don't make it any easier.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
2 hrs of Circuit Training at MMA.

Kick days for Muay Thai.

Thrown up a bunch of times. Had my vision start to grey out on me during circuit training once.

Last edited: