• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skechers Shape Ups/MBT, "Anti Shoes"

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Work out while you walk!

*another article*

76428_BLK.jpg

I remember when mbt m. walk's came out and I wanted to try those but the $245 price tag scared me away. The Skechers are reportedly better and cheaper at $100 a pair. The sucky part is that the sneakers only seem to come in black, but they have sandals too.

Last edited:

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Jesus those things are ugly.

Rather than walking around with 1950s retard shoes, people should just jog.

Lazy americans will do anything to avoid exercising.

P

Phantonym

If you strap a 5 lb dido to the top of your head, I am sure your neck and core will get plenty of exercise. But..............you'd have a dildo on your head.

Ahhh...working out WHILE impersonating a unicorn. Excellent advice! Thanks :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
haha don' knock it, till you try it. ;P It's not just for shaping up, it's also good for those with bad backs and joint problems but yeah I agree they aren't the most attractive shoes out there.

Also I used to run and work out twice a day like a maniac and am now left with a shoddy knee and Plantar fasciitis so I am willing to try anything to relieve pain. Definitely not lazy. ;)

MBT's are the originals, nicer looking and come in more varieties but are $250 which is outrageous. I did find a pair on ebay for 125 though.

sport_high_white.jpg
< designed by those pesky swedes. :rolleyes:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How does that work? It seems like it'd be bad for your joints, posture etc rather than helping them...I'm sure they've researched it and all, it just looks really...implausible?

Not that normal shoes are very good for your feet, though.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
They're not completely hideous. Let's hope they're the first batch.

I like the idea though. Works for busy people, I guess. Walk, talk, work out, perfect.

Hey, they come in white as well - http://www.skechers.com/c/img/productimages/large/11800_WSL.jpg
I"m old and mostly wear comfortable shoes.:alttongue: I used to be a shoe fanatic but now it's mostly trainers or my dansko's.

How does that work? It seems like it'd be bad for your joints, posture etc rather than helping them...I'm sure they've researched it and all, it just looks really...implausible?

Not that normal shoes are very good for your feet, though.
these are the originals.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I know a guy who wears those all the time.

He also photographs everything he eats and drinks.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that's actually pretty neat, I see the rationale a little better now...the version shown at the link looks a lot less ridiculous than the pictures here. I like the idea of those practically barefoot shoes they have now and these seem to have a similar idea, although implemented in a radically different way. interesting though.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Ware the ankles on those rocking shoes. You're probably also putting more weight onto your heels on impact as you walk. Not sure how they'll help joints at all. :mellow:

blong72

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I"m old and mostly wear comfortable shoes.:alttongue: I used to be a shoe fanatic but now it's mostly trainers or my dansko's.

these are the originals.

From my understanding skecher shape ups are good for walking and overall toning of your legs etc. MBT shoes are better for medical type purposes, but this is just what i've read. I do know there are a lot of people out there who complain after buying the shape ups that they are sore and hurt. This is usually due to wearing them too long after you first get them. I think you just need to ease your way into wearing these shoes since they're doing so much at first and youre using muscles you probably haven't used for a while.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
From my understanding skecher shape ups are good for walking and overall toning of your legs etc. MBT shoes are better for medical type purposes, but this is just what i've read. I do know there are a lot of people out there who complain after buying the shape ups that they are sore and hurt. This is usually due to wearing them too long after you first get them. I think you just need to ease your way into wearing these shoes since they're doing so much at first and you're using muscles you probably haven't used for a while.
the shape-ups killed my ankles and feet (no support/poorly made) so i bought the MBT's and work out with them everyday at the gym. they're awesome and imo worth every penny! my friend loves her shape-ups but she has never had any foot injuries so they don't bother her. Another friend has the MBT's and loves them! Like me, she figured why buy a copy when the original is so much better!

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the shape-ups killed my ankles and feet (no support/poorly made) so i bought the MBT's and work out with them everyday at the gym. they're awesome and imo worth every penny! my friend loves her shape-ups but she has never had any foot injuries so they don't bother her. Another friend has the MBT's and loves them! Like me, she figured why buy a copy when the original is so much better!

I bought easytones from Reebok. I think they are nice enough shoes but they bother my feet (and I wear heels and platforms like crazy) after 10 - 11 hours of wear- I did have a foot injury last year and I think that much wear agrivated it. So 6 - 7 hours of wear just walking is fine, but not anything else for those. I cringed when looking at shape ups. Some people I work with swear by them though.
I think I saw MBTs in a catalog once. Great Review :)