• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's up with the prevalence of "bitch tits"?

juggernaut

Permabanned
I went to a show out the Gorge this weekend. For the first time in ten years or so it was actually warm enough and early enough in the day that most of the young men were shirtless. I couldn't help but notice the large number of young men with "gyno" (gynecomastia). I don't remember seeing this many busty young males a decade ago (roughly the last time I would have noticed this sort of thing). What's going on here? Is it the high levels of hormones in our food? Something else?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:huh: I wasn't aware they were called bitch tits. I always referred to them as moobs.

I think it has a lot to do with the lack of proper diet and exercise :yes: :)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
:huh: I wasn't aware they were called bitch tits. I always referred to them as moobs.

I think it has a lot to do with the lack of proper diet and exercise :yes: :)

Me neither, but I like it :rofl1:

I thought, aside from the fitness and diet level which plays a part too, that it was related to the hormones circulating in our food and water also?

wolfy

awsm
I thought man boobs were just when guys were seriously fat and bitch tits is gym slang for someone who has gynecomastia from roid use.

They say there are more estrogens in the diet now but you wouldn't think it would be enough to cause a park full of man boobies.

juggernaut

Permabanned
I thought man boobs were just when guys were seriously fat and bitch tits is gym slang for someone who has gynecomastia from roid use.

They say there are more estrogens in the diet now but you wouldn't think it would be enough to cause a park full of man boobies.

This was definitely gyno. Strange, strange stuff. Relatively normal sized young men with breast tissue. Two cases, er guys, actually were probably smaller than me (under 150 lbs, 5'11") with very pronounced small breasts. I haven't ever seen anything like this outside of the gym. That's why I was wondering if something is going on with hormone levels.

Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention and they've been boobletted all along. I almost took a picture of one fella who had a pair of nipples that could've put an eye out but I couldn't think of an inconspicuous way to do it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
This was definitely gyno. Strange, strange stuff. Relatively normal sized young men with breast tissue. Two cases, er guys, actually were probably smaller than me (under 150 lbs, 5'11") with very pronounced small breasts. I haven't ever seen anything like this outside of the gym. That's why I was wondering if something is going on with hormone levels.

Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention and they've been boobletted all along.

Wow, I've never noticed guys with that but then I suppose I'm more on the lookout for the female variety.

Could be hormone levels, aren't kids supposed to be entering puberty earlier these days or something, especially girls? Wouldn't surprise me with the amount of crap in some food.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mmmmmmmh.

*looks down* ... *touches manboobs* ... *flexes chest*

Only when I'm not flexing.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
This thread reminds me of a story my old friend Greg told me once.

His friend, Geoff, knew a guy called Carl. Carl's ex-girlfriend, Helen, had went out with a bloke called Steve way back in Oxford in the early 90s.

Steve had got hidiously drunk and got his pecker trapped in his flies.

When he went to the local physician he requested the fellow to "take away the pain, but leave the swelling".

Sounds like bullshit.

Now you must retell this story, "bananatrombones knew this guy called Greg, whose friend Geoff..."

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've seen moobs on otherwise non-fat guys, too. It's disturbing how complacent we are about hormones in food. Hormones affect behavior, so I wonder what if any psychological effect the hormones will have on boys and young men. Is feminization a strictly cultural phenomenon? lol

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Evolution.

We're balancing out the feministic movement. Before you know it. We'll be the ones breastfeeding our children. :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If this is true, then how did I end up with so much testosterone in my system? Dx

Are men and women switching?

heart

heart on fire
Maybe it's something to do with this, if a guy's liver isn't all that, he would have a more difficult time metabolizing the estrogen, correct? That's why beer drinkers and older men get breasts. Surely this does not help.:

Breast Cancer and The Estrogen Connection

Certain types of plastics can leach estrogen mimicking chemicals into beverage bottles and food containers...

Learn More About Plastics - Bisphenol A (BPA)
By Suzanne M. Snedeker, PhD
Bisphenol A is an industrial chemical produced in high quantities worldwide. It is primarily used to manufacture polycarbonate plastics and epoxy coatings (e.g. lining of metal food cans). Exposure to low levels of bisphenol A appears to be widespread in the U.S. population. The most likely sources of exposure are from ingesting canned foods and the use of polycarbonate bottles that are worn or whose contents has been heated, causing the leaching of low levels of bisphenol A. Bisphenol A is an environmental estrogen. (more at link)

They mention heating, but I read once where someone said don't freeze the bottles either.

heart

heart on fire
'Gender-bending' fear over plastic drinks bottles | Mail Online

'Gender-bending' fear over plastic drinks bottles

By Jenny Hope

Last updated at 2:00 AM on 22nd May 2009

Drink from plastic bottles can raise the body’s levels of a controversial ‘gender-bending’ chemical by more than two thirds, according to tests.

Experts have been concerned about the possible health effects of bisphenol A (BPA) - an everyday chemical used in many plastic food and drink containers and tins as well as clear baby bottles - which is officially classified as toxic in some countries.

A study found that participants who drank for a week from polycarbonate bottles showed a 69 per cent increase in their

Researchers did not say how much liquid was drunk per day.

Researchers from Harvard School of Public Health studied 77 students, who had first undergone a seven-day ‘washout’ phase in which they drank all cold beverages from stainless steel bottles in order to minimise BPA exposure.

They were then given two polycarbonate bottles and asked to drink all cold beverages from them during the next week.

Previous studies have suggested that high levels of BPA consumption are linked to birth defects, growth problems and an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes.

In particular there are fears that heating the bottles, as parents would do when warming their baby’s milk, causes the chemical to leak in potentially dangerous quantities into the liquid contained within.

The senior author of the latest study, Karin B. Michels, associate professor of epidemiology at HSPH and Harvard Medical School, said: ‘We found that drinking cold liquids from polycarbonate bottles for just one week increased urinary BPA levels by more than two-thirds.

‘If you heat those bottles, as is the case with baby bottles, we would expect the levels to be considerably higher...

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I really have no idea what you are talking about. Is it a US thing? Do you have a pic?

juggernaut

Permabanned
I really have no idea what you are talking about. Is it a US thing? Do you have a pic?

Definitely not a U.S. thing. Happens all over the world.

gynecomastia1.jpg