• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

prescription refills

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So you finally got them? Well that's good. If only they didn't make you jump through hoops. Luckily the ones I take aren't too tightly controlled.

I read over the DSM just in case he wanted to check off the 6 out of 10 checklist or whatever... he didn't ask me anything but (with pen in hand), "So what do you need?"

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders

it has all of the.. well.. diagnostic criteria... for everything. I think I have 6/10 for ADD, but I want to make sure I have all of the bases covered in case he wants to pretend to do his job.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders

it has all of the.. well.. diagnostic criteria... for everything. I think I have 6/10 for ADD, but I want to make sure I have all of the bases covered in case he wants to pretend to do his job.

Oh wow I'd be afraid to take something like that. My sister made me take an online disorder test because "some of the things you say are just weird" and I ended up having a High to Very High likelihood for like 5 different things! I thought it was BS and just a scam to get you to pay a psychiatrist or something because they seemed like typical NT traits.

Unsurprisingly, paranoia was one of the ones I tested high for.

MBTI Type
INxJ
If you were already a patient of your psychiatrist, it seems weird they can't just go by the information in your file. Does narcotic status require a new prescription every refill?

alicia91

Yeah, you can't get refills on controlled substances such as Daytrana so every time you need a refill they have to write a new prescription for only up to one month. What I do for my sons is call the doctors office and then go there and pick up the prescription. It's not necessary to actually have an appointment more than once every 6 months as long as everything is going smoothly.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
That sux.

I take a certain amount of pride in being able to navigate through maze of modern medicine. Rarely have any problems getting the meds I need. However I don't have anything addictive though.