• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Masturbation could bring hay fever relief for men

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
another priceless article.
Life'd be so dull without those researchers.

It makes one wonder "but how did they find out about it" :huh:
:rolli:

Spring is here and with it come the woes of hay fever. Never fear, however, as there may be a quick and pleasurable treatment to clear those bunged noses, for guys at least – a well-timed ejaculation.(...)

A blocked nose is caused by swollen and inflamed nasal blood vessels, irritated by an infection or pollen in the air. But during ejaculation, the sympathetic nervous system constricts blood vessels across the body. That should soothe the swollen nasal blood vessels, freeing the airway for normal breathing, according to Zarrintan.

He hasn't yet performed clinical trials to test the hypothesis, but if it works, it could have many benefits over decongestant drugs, Zarrintan says, which have been known to contribute to hypertension. "Furthermore, if used for more than two or three days, they can actually make congestion worse," he adds.

e suggests masturbating or having sex whenever the symptoms are bad enough to warrant another ejaculation. "It can be done [from] time-to-time to alleviate the congestion and the patient can adjust the number of intercourses or masturbations depending on the severity of the symptoms," he says.

The theory is not without its critics, however. Mohammad Amin Abolghassemi Fakhree from Tabriz University in Iran, believes the disadvantages of ejaculation outweigh the possible benefits.

"There are some limitations in using ejaculation or masturbation as treatment of nasal congestion, such as not being applicable out of home and not having any sex partner", he writes in a response to the proposal.

No-one has yet argued that it makes your palms hairy.

:laugh:

enjoy

original article

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I wonder if it works for women too.. whether sex/orgasm similarly constricts blood vessels.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any excuse to touch yourselves. :p

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I do find that rubbing my nose during hay fever provides enormous relief.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Not for women though? :cry: I say it's a fake then!

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I wonder if it works for women too.. whether sex/orgasm similarly constricts blood vessels.
Not for women though? :cry: I say it's a fake then!
One logical deduction I made from the article is that if the woman ejaculates, it would work. :D

Any excuse to touch yourselves. :p
No wonder I never get sick.
*ahem* Before you two go getting all excited about men touching themselves, note that the article specifically states that having sex has the same effect! :rolleyes:

*conducts a Freudian overanalysis on both of you*

L

Lasting_Pain

Wow, I am actually preventing something when I masturbate. Well in that case it goes back to twice a day.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
*ahem* Before you two go getting all excited about men touching themselves, note that the article specifically states that having sex has the same effect! :rolleyes:

*conducts a Freudian overanalysis on both of you*

My statement still stands!

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Uhh, I'd rather prefer recuperating the 'natural' way.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I shall now pleasure myself twice as much in honor of the new found health benefits!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*fap fap fap*

By the way, I've had hay fever pretty badly for several years. But this year I've not had it at all yet. At least not in the form of sensitive nose/throat/eyes. And my sexlife has been much more active this year then it has been in the years before that. (Or rather said, had been more active this year. :p )

I do however experience more headaches at the moment then usual. :/

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if you're unlucky enough to cream in your nose? :shock:
That ought to balance things out! :smile: