• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics & Body Type

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This site (Psychological Type profiles) gives physical descriptions of types, which seems kind of ridiculous, but the INFP actually fits me. I'm thin, with big and curious eyes, and my clothing may veer towards foppish at times.

What do you think? Do you fit your type's body description?

----
INFps mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their gait is usually graceful and full of poise as they like to project an image of self-worthiness. Their eyes vary from large to small, however if they are isolated a characteristic pattern emerges. Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity.

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. Sometimes they may give the impression that they are somewhat foppish. This applies to both male and female.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't relate to that at all. It's just a coincidence. I'm muscular and tall. EDIT: As in I'm not skinny. Not too fat though, but I'm just *big* and have muscles and am well built.

wolfy

awsm
ISFps often have a characteristic stout or chubby, rounded figure. They often have short legs and a bouncy gait, giving the impression of a big springy ball. Their faces are usually smooth and round without any...

People who know me say I have the gait of a rhino. Doesn't sound too bouncy and springy to me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This site (Psychological Type profiles) gives physical descriptions of types, which seems kind of ridiculous, but the INFP actually fits me. I'm thin, with big and curious eyes, and my clothing may veer towards foppish at times. What do you think? Do you fit your type's body description?

Check your types again.

For introverts, generally socionics uses the reverse J/P designation.

So: INFp in Socionics is often the INFJ type in MBTI and vice versa.
Your MBTI type seems to be INFP here, so you should be reading INFj over there.

If my comment is accurate, then I think I see some Forer in play -- you might have matched your description up to MBTI INFJ, which you don't seem to be, and said it was good.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ENTp

There's a good chance you’re an acne-scarred gremlin and/or are forever cursed by a regrettable face tattoo. Your want of hygiene often repels even the loneliest of transients and is the basis for your inability to find meaningful romantic connection.

What the...?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
There are undoubtedly more people who defy the description than resemble it in the world.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Maybe the title of this thread should be Socionics and body type. :D

Forer effect indeed, I loved the contradictory sentences like these ones:
have either slim figures or firm and solid figures

either tall and often quiet even though they are extrovert or short and full figured

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
ISFps often have a characteristic stout or chubby, rounded figure. They often have short legs and a bouncy gait, giving the impression of a big springy ball. Their faces are usually smooth and round without any...

It called me fat. :dont:

lol

edit: My legs are actually quite long in proportion to my body, and I don't walk like a big springy ball either. =/

nanook

a scream in a vortex
look, guys, its not "socioncs", its that ONE GUY, who has a ego, big enough, to run professional looking a site and a forum rather that just a blog. and he refers to himself in majestic plural (ie "contact us")

so, whats his type?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
as for the topic, i take it for proven (by my observations) that there is no coercive correlation to body type. for instance i found endo and lepto examples for pretty much every type. but there is some statistical correlation to how people "wear" their bodies, which has long term effects during growth. but it would be reductionist or absolutist to assign a body to type, cause i body is influence by so much more. which only means, that it tells us so much more about the inhabiting person. but if it tells to much, it gets difficult ... not the bodies fault, though.

theres a lot of plausible theory about what forms body features, ie if the room in the nose and palate is narrow, because the chin is short, people will lift their heads to make breathing more easy. but since the cant look into the air all the time, they also need to compensate by pushing their neck to the front. so, there is a statistical correlation between type and small chins, and thus a statistical correlation between type and body posture ... however people in hard working countries are more healthy for some reason, than ... like northern farm people, immigrants, ... cultivated white-breads .... i guess they were not smart enough to get the right nutritions for generations ..... hope you get the picture. so there is a statistical correlation with healthy people (hard working populations) and big chins as well. thus with neck posture.

maliafee

Check your types again.

If my comment is accurate, then I think I see some Forer in play -- you might have matched your description up to MBTI INFJ, which you don't seem to be, and said it was good.

Sorry, this isn't accurate. If you read the profiles, they match up. The functions have different meanings in socionics than in MBTI so the J/P is NOT actually flipped.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
If you read the profiles

both is true, cuz

some american (ie not socionic) profiles/sites are trying to describe dichotomy judgers using mbti function which leads to correct description of tested dichotomy judgers but wrong explaination/exemplification of functions. very common

some american profiles/sites understand the functions rather correctly and construct theoretical people from the functions, which are described rather correctly but which are incorrectly assigned to the dichotomy testes people, ie the infj profiles will correctly describe infp (NiFe), but come up with a stupid story to make the look like judgers. not so common, but still ...

some american profiles dont describe functions at all, but described tested dichotomy judgers and perceivers just about like socionic does, if you dont look at socioncs explaination but just at the abstract picture of the portraied person. thats very frequent.

but its even more twisted, as some of the above may be true for intuitives in one system/site and another thing for sensors, because the author does apparently correctly understand the functions of ie intuitives (ie his own functions) and thinks of actual TiNe people when he describes those who he will label intp, but when he describes isfj he gets the dichotomy stuff right, and describes people who are actually FiNe, but he would explain them with SiFe ... i sayd that allready....

there are also some socioncs sites, who get things rather wrong in an odd way. i guess that happens when the author confuses his own functions ...

now, for gods sake, if you think i am nuts and socionics is nuts as well, and the mbti is right, i wont argue for a second, but at least notice, that the above observation is still true, not in words but in principle, which is to say, that various sites are still totally inconsistent, no matter who is at fault. on both sides. cuz, there is not THE mbti and not THE socioncs. the Internet is open source.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Check your types again.

On this site they are the same. I'm pretty sure it is just for fun too ;)

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
The ISTJ description is blatantly biased towards males:

"ISTjs often have a very firm, solid figure, especially males. They keep their feet rooted to the ground giving the impression that they are sturdy and secure. Their heads are firmly fixed squarely to their shoulders and are practically immovable. Their necks appear to be inflexible so when they turn their head their shoulders usually follow. Their facial expressions are somewhat unemotional and show great concentration."

The facial expressions part is correct. There are a limited amount of emotions that my face can express. :huh: As for being firm and solid... possibly? What does weak and floppy resemble?

"Male ISTjs often wear a moustache. If they do not have one then there probably is a logical reason for it, as in general they all agree that a moustache is a good idea. Their clothes are often clean, ironed and tidy. They follow strict styles, never being too flashy or extravagant. It is as if military uniforms were designed specifically for ISTjs. They take great care of their appearance and may criticise people who do not. "

As I've already said, my clothes are quite professional in appearance even when I'm relaxing or staying in, so maybe I do have a uniform.

"ISTjs walk with their hands down by their sides. Their arms hardly seem to move at all and it can appear that their elbows have no joints. Their gait is usually even and rhythmical however from time to time ISTjs can turn sharply and unexpectedly, changing their course without warning. "

Okay, that bit is freakily accurate! I thought I was just a weirdo, didn't know it could be type-related :alttongue: I either look like I'm "on a mission" when I walk (according to people), or resemble PC Plod the policeman pounding the pavement.

I have to say though, that some of the personality description didn't at all ring true, such as the following bits:

"Many ISTjs find it quite easy to interact with strangers and considering that they are introverts can feel quite close to someone even after a relatively short amount of contact. They often have a large compendium of jokes and anecdotes. Males often use this arsenal to charm females, usually behaving very gallantly, successfully playing role of the gentleman. They are often the life and soul of the party. They enjoy singing with little more than a guitar for accompaniment and often in a romantic style. "
Yeah, right... I do have many anecdotes. But that's about it.

"When they in informal surroundings they are often inclined to talk about subjects related to philosophy or morality. They may show an interest in religion, mysticism and predictions. "
Mmmm, maybe. But not in any great depth. And not for long.

"They like and respect authority and always obey subordination. "
As long as they know what they're talking about and aren't an arrogant idiot who thinks they know it all.

"They generally like to work with their hands." No.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wonder what a 'borderline' personality's body type is - that is, neither any of the given 16 personality types, but one balanced in all four functions?