• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics & Body Type

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This site (Psychological Type profiles) gives physical descriptions of types, which seems kind of ridiculous, but the INFP actually fits me. I'm thin, with big and curious eyes, and my clothing may veer towards foppish at times.

What do you think? Do you fit your type's body description?

----
INFps mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their gait is usually graceful and full of poise as they like to project an image of self-worthiness. Their eyes vary from large to small, however if they are isolated a characteristic pattern emerges. Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity.

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. Sometimes they may give the impression that they are somewhat foppish. This applies to both male and female.

The ESTP description on this (Socionics.com) site SUCKS.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTp

There's a good chance you’re an acne-scarred gremlin and/or are forever cursed by a regrettable face tattoo. Your want of hygiene often repels even the loneliest of transients and is the basis for your inability to find meaningful romantic connection.

What the...?

ROFL! I look neither like an INFP or an INFJ. I most closely resemble the ENFP description, which I believe I got one time in my entire life on the Brutally Honest temperament sorter, which I don't put a lot of stock in...

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTps also look after their health and can be very cautious in these matters. For example, they may wash their hands more often than others do. They pay a lot attention to hygiene and sanitation,
Usually INTps are very economical. They do not like to make presents or lend money to others.

It says I am cheap! But at least my hands are clean;)

The personality portrait is very accurate.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm tall, I walk fast, I have a round face (those racists!!! LOL), and I do smile a lot. My appearance usually has something a little off. My friend who is INTJ and my other friend who is INFJ are both much more put together and well coordinated from head to toe. Me, I kinda look like I fell through my closet - though sometimes in a very complimentary way. Sometimes - not so much.

PS INTPs are all up on their hygiene? Umm...no offense but I have too much experience with disheveled, poorly groomed, unshowered, and unsanitary looking INTPs to believe that. The stereotype about the programmer who lives in the same outfit for 3 days and couldn't be bothered to brush his teeth - um, that's based on an INTP. Dude, I've had an INTP clip their fingernails AT THE DINNER TABLE and my brother is an INTP and he's filthy (my other male friend walked into our parents house which we were both living in at the time and commented, "It smells like male bachelor in here" and no, not because of me har, har) ... so no I can't believe that socionics description.

Though, I have known INTPs who look cleanly groomed on a daily basis and I totally believe you pay a lot of attention to hygiene :yes: -- just that that is not the standard from my experience...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTjs often have full lips and a characteristic salesman like smile. Their bone structures normally give them their square shape figures. Their faces too are often square in shape and the facial structure itself...

th_Pipa.jpg

Yep... I am fairly square, and I think I have the salesman smile going, too.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it's true that ISFJ in MBTI = ISFp in socionics then....

"ISFps often have a characteristic stout or chubby, rounded figure. They often have short legs and a bouncy gait, giving the impression of a big springy ball. Their faces are usually smooth and round without any obvious projections. In moments of passionate conversation they can often swallow air like a fish. When ISFps try to explain things, they can move their eyebrows considerably."

Except I don't fit that at all. I do get really animated when I get into a conversation though.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was actually wondering... this could be way off.. but I was reading that women with "rectangular" shapes (ex: keira knightley) are more exposed to testosterone while in the womb... and/or have higher levels of testosterone in general.. versus women who are more pear or hourglass shaped. anyway, i was wondering if there was any correlation between thought processes that are considered more masculine and that rectangular "higher testosterone" body shape (with women.. obviously).

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think it's a pretty lax assumption..

In a way, a lot of the types will fit in fairly well with their type description..

So, that being said, I generally fit into the ENFP description, though I am neither tall nor short and full. I'm more medium height and fairly slim. I don't think I walk with my legs apart, but I can't be so sure. I do walk fast and energeticly, and I think my nose is straight.

Still..interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
warning: sloppy post, im too tired to comprhend but also ti seems, to tired to sleep (?)

I was actually wondering... this could be way off.. but I was reading that women with "rectangular" shapes (ex: keira knightley) are more exposed to testosterone while in the womb... and/or have higher levels of testosterone in general.. versus women who are more pear or hourglass shaped. anyway, i was wondering if there was any correlation between thought processes that are considered more masculine and that rectangular "higher testosterone" body shape (with women.. obviously).

yeah ive thought about that too. in fact on another forum i posted a thread asking intp girls for their finger ratio which is a measure of the levels of tesosteron they were exposed to when they were fetus's... i just never bothered to read what people posted in response. heh.
i have that kind of body shape and im tall for my gender as well. with the F preference in women and T prefernece in men, one would think that estrogen/tesosterone levels have something to do with it. making T women have higher levels of testosterone or just some uncommon balance.
althoug ive read in a few places that the body shape your referring to, the usually lean, narrow, athleticly advantageous, long limbed, etc - well, just atheletic potential, moslty - has to do with testoterone levels in the womb during pregnancy. along with this i also read that these tesosteroned women are more liekly to get careers in feilds such as mathematics, science and engineering which indicates it does have an affect on the brain. its strange that the men in science tested has having lower testosterone than men who choose social sciences. it looks like middle road tesosterone levels that push you into the mathematical/technical subjects and either high or low(women) that gives you a brain that finds the inferior other subjects more enjoyable. but why, who knows.
testosterone is also the sex drive hormone... hmmm.

random thought: i wonder if females occasionally/monthly perform below their usual on maths tests because their estrogen levels have risen.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
On this site they are the same. I'm pretty sure it is just for fun too ;)

Naw, the site is for real. I don't agree the j/p should automatically be switched for introverts though.

ENTp

There's a good chance you’re an acne-scarred gremlin and/or are forever cursed by a regrettable face tattoo. Your want of hygiene often repels even the loneliest of transients and is the basis for your inability to find meaningful romantic connection.

What the...?

Seems about right :yes:

nasmoe

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their gait is usually graceful and full of poise as they like to project an image of self-worthiness. Their eyes vary from large to small, however if they are isolated a characteristic pattern emerges. Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity.

yeah....no.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't relate to that at all. It's just a coincidence. I'm muscular and tall. EDIT: As in I'm not skinny. Not too fat though, but I'm just *big* and have muscles and am well built.

...and don't forget modest. ;)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'd say the ENTj description is perfectly on the spot for myself.

KDude

I'm tall and "skinny muscular", oval faced, and I suppose the general ISTP description is closer for me than the ISFP one. I prefer comfortable sporty clothes more often than flashy stuff, although I can slip into that as well.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Nope, don't see it, unless I have a big nose and a mis-matched wardobe that I have failed to notice.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am a socionics INFj and I fit the description pretty well. Or rather, I did before I started approaching middle age and thickened through the middle. :unsure:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This site (Psychological Type profiles) gives physical descriptions of types, which seems kind of ridiculous, but the INFP actually fits me. I'm thin, with big and curious eyes, and my clothing may veer towards foppish at times.

What do you think? Do you fit your type's body description?

That site is WAAAAAY off for me:

"ESTps generally have either slim figures or firm and solid figures. Slim ESTps have slow and phlegmatic movements, giving the impression of calmness and self-confidence. Solid ESTps have free and flexible movements. When standing in one place they tend to wriggle rhythmically as if they have a slight electric current running through them.

Their eyebrows are often asymmetrical. When ESTps want to show their dissatisfaction they frown as if they are angry. Older ESTps often become puffy and swollen around the eyes. They also have a tendency to squint. Their noses are usually quite wide at the base and their jaws are also large and square. They may have thick, immobile lips, making their speech somewhat garbled.

ESTps rarely wear eye-catching clothes. They try to maintain a neutral style of clothes, steering away from fashion. Males have an inclination to official styles of clothing such as suits etc. ESTps generally prefer to remain in the shadows. "
------------------------------------

Let's try the WikiSocion page to see if their ESTP physical description is better. They split it out by male and female for each type. :yes:

WikiSocion Home Page: (English)
Wikisocion home - Wikisocion

Type Descriptions:
Category:Type descriptions - Wikisocion
---------------------------------------------
NOTE:
To convert between MBTI and Socionics types, use this table:
How to convert MBTI® type to Socionics type

Or this copy of it...

Extroverts
MBTI system-> Socionics system
ENFJ-> ENFj
ENTJ-> ENTj
ENFP-> ENFp
ENTP-> ENTp
ESFJ-> ESFj
ESTJ-> ESTj
ESFP-> ESFp
ESTP-> ESTp

Introverts
MBTI system-> Socionics system
INFJ-> INFx
INTJ-> INTx
INFP-> INFx
INTP-> INTx
ISFJ-> ISFx
ISTJ-> ISTx
ISFP-> ISFx
ISTP-> ISTx
---------------------------------------------------------
Sensing Logical Extrovert (ESTp):
Sensing logical extrovert - Wikisocion

SLE Male/Female Type Descriptions:
SLE male and female - Wikisocion

This. This exactly. Much better than the first one... :nice:

"Male portrait:
Even if they're thin and slender (though this is rare), male SLEs nevertheless appear very grounded. Their demeanour gives off a large, steady impression. They carry themselves and speak naturally with confidence, and their judgements are solid.

Young male SLEs tend to prefer short or slightly long hair, and dress neutrally and plainly e.g. in a football shirt, sweater and jogging bottoms. Older male SLEs will often occupy dominant roles in organisations and firms, and thus wear suits....

...Male SLEs are clever and talented, and they have a healthy sense of humour. They exude the charm of a powerful individual, confident in himself. Like male LIEs, they make for great company, and those around the SLEs appreciate their jokes, normally accompanied by explosions of laughter that seem to capture the attention of everyone around them. "