• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your body type?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Test summary: do you think you're fat, normal, or skinny?

meh. I'd be very surprised if the vast majority aren't meso.

I noticed this. Meso is not a common type. Nobody is calling themselves fat, nobody is calling themselves geeky/skinny.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I noticed this. Meso is not a common type. Nobody is calling themselves fat, nobody is calling themselves geeky/skinny.

I am a tall/lanky/retardedly pale/skinny-bordering underweight/geeky nerd-female.

There.
:dry:

(actually I'm pretty ok with it personally..)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I am a tall/lanky/retardedly pale/skinny-bordering underweight/geeky nerd-female.

There.
:dry:

(actually I'm pretty ok with it personally..)

I'm geeky and skinny too, except for my legs. My upper body is embarrasing. It looks like it's from someone who's 12.

Hooray for beanpoles.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I already know that I'm extensively ectomorphic. I think the test gave me a 2.67 ectomorphic score or something.

One thing I find funny though is how the test makes mesomorphs out to be the desired norm, when they aren't particularly. It is a body building site, though, and mesomorphism is the ideal for body builders.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Meso-Ecto.

I definitely have a limit on the upper end of my weight. I have a pretty good metabolism but I don't struggle that much when it comes to putting on muscle. I can get some fat, but not really any noticeable amounts. If I'm really inconsiderate with diet and exercise I can get up to like 14% bodyfat. Otherwise I'm usually right within that 8-9 percent (working out with focus and a plan) and 12 percent range (active in the summer). I have a small bone structure, extremely small wrists and ankles, small waist, but I come across as decently built. I'm certainly not skinny like a long distance runner. Nor can I eat straight junk all day and not gain fat.

Same here.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this was posted or discussed previously by Little_Linguist a few months back. I can't recall my result. =\

Don't feel like re-testing atm. Maybe I will later!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly. I get meso because I don't consider myself fat or skinny, like most people. I don't think I have a body geared towards muscle-building though...it's just because most people fall in the middle of the bell curve by definition.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Your score is 2.42.

Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um...are you blind dear?

I have the same one you do.

:harhar:

Your score is 1.42.

Your body is between an EndoMorph and a Mesomorph.

Seems about right. I'm in between large and skinny, and I can never seem to change how I look. Oh well, my weight doesn't cause me problems and people tell me I look fine.

Test summary: do you think you're fat, normal, or skinny?

meh. I'd be very surprised if the vast majority aren't meso.

Your score is 2.42.

YAY, I'm *NOT* the only endo-meso!!!!!

Seriously, my husband said to me today, "EEhhhhh, don't push it with the weight training, or you're going to start to look unfeminine! Six weeks ago, I could have flown you into a ditch. Yesterday, while play wrestling, you stood your ground." Eeeeeekkkkk!

"Yeah, I mean, when you gain weight, you gain weight like crazy. When you work out, you gain muscle like crazy. When you stop eating as much, you lose weight like crazy. Your body is just as extreme as your emotions are."

Eh, great. :shock: :huh: :blush: :doh:

Dude, what's the deal with all these ecto/meso-ectomorphs!? Let me give you some of my bulk! PLEASE!!!!!!

maliafee

Ecto-Meso. I relate to that... I recently (last year) gained weight from medication I was on (40 pounds!) but running takes it off toute suite. Plus my fingers are long like spiders and my face is too long. Haha...

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't see the merit in this test. It calls out way more mesomorphs than there actually are. I got Mesomorph but I'm actually more of an Endo that works out.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your score is 2.58.

I am definitely an Ectomorph though. I'm very thin, but not shapeless or bony. I dislike the way this site implies all ectos need to gain weight.

I don't really buy into that typology anyway. There should be at least 16 types :alttongue:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
The main purpose of this test is to attempt to determine your somatotype. Which attempts in this context, to give you some insight to the best way to gain lean muscle mass, and keep off excess fat.

There are also supposed to be associated psychological traits, and stereotypes for each somatotype.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't see the merit in this test. It calls out way more mesomorphs than there actually are. I got Mesomorph but I'm actually more of an Endo that works out.

Good point.

... I'd rather not disclose how my result was that (mesomorph), but it's true that there are 'more mesomorphs than there actually are'. That build is quite rare, by a long shot.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
it said ecto meso. if i didn't work out i would be an ecto no doubt

lane777

nevermore
Spot on!

Your score is 2.33.

Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

Ectomorph: An ectomorph should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

Mesomorph: Mesomorphs have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.