• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Biological functions and MBTI

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am not sure where to place this so I will place it here.

Usually people give me the look when they have to spend a few days with me since I will probably be the last that will fall a sleep and first that will wake up. My geological road trips are very good example of this.

People can't believe that someone can sleep for 3-4 hours and function properly in the field. To be honest I don't know how that works either.
I guess it is a question of quality but I can't function like this forever. After a certian point I need my 6 hours.

One of my theories is that this is because of my strong preferences. What means that even when I am awake I don't comminicate much or look around me even when I am moving. Plus I don't don't have big emotional ups and downs which are probably also draining
So it could be that I am loosing less energy then other people, what shortens the amount of time needed to rest.

So, I am interested is there any correlation between MBTI and this.

Also I don't eat that much or drink that much as other people do. What is probably connected with case already mentioned.
Plus I am not too sensitive to warm and cold.

How other people/types do when it comes to this ?
If someone want to expand the topic they are free to do so.

Btw, what is the effect of this on relations with your SO ?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My opinion is that the more cerebral and ethereal people have more tendency to ignore their body signals and functions. So it's not necessarily that one's body might not be tired, it's simply that it can more easily be ignored than people who are anchored in their acute physical sensations.

So one can drive her car and ignore all the warning lights on the dash and continue on indefinitely, but that doesn't mean the car isn't taking damage or operating at less efficiency and performance than if fixed.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My opinion is that the more cerebral and ethereal people have more tendency to ignore their body signals and functions. So it's not necessarily that one's body might not be tired, it's simply that it can more easily be ignored than people who are anchored in their acute physical sensations.

So one can drive her car and ignore all the warning lights on the dash and continue on indefinitely, but that doesn't mean the car isn't taking damage or operating at less efficiency and performance than if fixed.

I was thinking the same thing but I don't see how can this be true for me in general. Since I am investing time to remain healthy and I am healthy.
By this I mean that I am phisically active and that I am not sitting whole
day(s) and I don't eat everyhing that comes infront of me.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Shame this thread hasn't picked up as thats a really interesting question.
Personally i need about 8 hours sleep a night and i get tired really easily.
I can stay awake for ages though when i find something really interesting or if i've had a nap for an hour or 2. I should move to spain cos they have midday naps apparently.
But i got ME about 3 years ago so i don't know if its that or anything type orientated.
I eat loads as well. Always eating. I love to munch. Not sure why i just find it relaxing.
I'm not very strong or flexable but i'm still quite fit as i walk loads. I walk 2.5 miles to school and the same back every day.

anyway i better get to bed as i've only got 6 hours left to sleep.

oh i read somewhere that theres a conection between morning people or evening people and P/J. Apparently Js are morning people and P are evening people. Works on me.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
read "The Edge Effect" by Dr. Eric Braverman

it may just answer your question