• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms

ygolo

My termites win
I know a couple of people are taking Cymbalta.

I just ran out a couple days ago, and I have been trying to reach my doctor regarding the refill.

But, now, I think I am having some of the withdrawal symptoms.

1) Black Stools - been two days
2) persistent nausea
3) Insomnia (worse than normal)
4) lack of urination
5) persistent thirst, even though I am drinking a lot
6) persistent gassy feeling

Anyone else have these symptoms before? Are they serious?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I've never taken Cymbalta or SSRI/SNRI's. But one thing you can do you lessen withdrawal is taking Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) which will weaken some symptoms and help you get to sleep.

And if you want to go all out (maybe not by taking all of these), these herbs can supposedly help with SSRIs:

Atractylodes (white atractylodes): tonifies qi, resolves damp
Peony (white peony): nourishes blood, vitalizes blood circulation
Tang-kuei: nourishes blood, vitalizes blood circulation
Zizyphus: nourishes liver and heart blood and clams shen
Saussurea: circulates qi, calms shen
Ginseng: tonifies qi, calms shen
Astragalus: tonifies qi, raises yang qi
Polygala: resolves phlegm, calms shen
Fu-shen or Hoelen: resolves damp, calms shen
Pinellia: resolves damp, lowers stomach qi
Citrus: resolves damp, circulates qi
SSRI Withdrawal Procedure: Getting Off Antidepressants May Be Made Easier

Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms aren't necessarily serious as in life-threatening or as a cause of injury, but they sure don't help regarding the reasons you probably started taking an SNRI for in the first place.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I know a couple of people are taking Cymbalta.

I just ran out a couple days ago, and I have been trying to reach my doctor regarding the refill.

But, now, I think I am having some of the withdrawal symptoms.

1) Black Stools - been two days
2) persistent nausea
3) Insomnia (worse than normal)
4) lack of urination
5) persistent thirst, even though I am drinking a lot
6) persistent gassy feeling

Anyone else have these symptoms before? Are they serious?
YES, THOSE SYMPTOMS ARE SERIOUS.
Please get to a doctor or emergency room right away...
OR AT LEAST speak to a doctor or nurse on the phone.
It is NOT OK to not be urinating.
That is one of the requirements for discharge from a hospital!

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I used to take Cymbalta about two years ago, and I had some of the withdrawal symptoms whenever I didn't take it. It sucks, but it won't kill you. Have you tried another kind of medication?

Also, if you usually have low blood pressure, be careful because you might faint.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Sorry to hear it, ygolo.

Won't the pharmacy give you a couple extra to hold you until you can get a refill? Tell them what you're experiencing. If you firmly establish with one pharmacist a lot of them will do that for psychiatric meds.

I'd take Mom's concern seriously as well. That sounds like gastrointestinal distress and may be unrelated to the symptoms.

I don't know what the withdrawal symptoms for Cymbalta are, but many of the psychoactve chemicals information sheets suggest seeing a doctor when you have certain of them.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was prescribed Cymbalta and decided to pass since it is manufactured from Eli Lilly a company whose ethics are questionable.