• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you drink milk? Are you "lactose intolerant"?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I never thought I was lactose intolerant until I tried these:
vache_qui_rit.jpg

Two weeks of abdominal pain. Should've only been a few hours of abdominal pain, but those little fuckers are delicious. I can be a slow and extremely reluctant learner. I'd say that luckily my intolerance seems to be limited to them, but "luckily" has a very bitter sting in this case. Very bitter.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm intolerant of anyone who is intolerant.

Those who are intolerant of lactose should die. =D

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
vache_qui_rit.jpg

Oooo! I know what you mean. That stuff is divine! Actually it's pretty funny... I love them as a kid, back when I still in Asia. You know how asian culture rarely eat cheese and diary products... but that didn't stop me from begging my parents to buy it. Expensive imported buggers as they might be.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe certain bigots around here need to learn a little more common decency in the form of tolerance for lactose.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
vache_qui_rit.jpg

Two weeks of abdominal pain. Should've only been a few hours of abdominal pain, but those little fuckers are delicious. I can be a slow and extremely reluctant learner. I'd say that luckily my intolerance seems to be limited to them, but "luckily" has a very bitter sting in this case. Very bitter.

Why do you think the cow is laughing? They're evil creatures. They love to see your pain.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
I need to do a survey for a school assignment. If people wouldn't mind helping me out, it'll be great. :yes: (Yes I know it's a little long... :sorry:)

Please answer the following questions.

1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province?
Indiana USA
2. How many times do you drink milk in a month? I'm referring to a full glass (250mL+) of milk. (choose 1)
30+ (e.g. daily)
12-29 (e.g. at least 3 times a week but not every day)
8-11 (e.g. between 2-3 times a week)
1-7 (e.g. a few times a month)
0 (e.g. you don't drink milk)
12-29
3. If you don't drink milk, skip to question 6.

For milk drinkers
4. How do you usually drink your milk? (choose all that applies)
Glass of milk separately (for breakfast, before bed? etc)
Milk with cereal
Milk in beverage
Other? Please describe.
As chocolate milk
5. What sort of milk do you drink? (choose all that applies and indicate reason for preference)
full-fat (homo, 4%)
2% milk
1% milk
skim milk
other? specify
2%
For non-milk drinkers
6. Why don't you drink milk? (lactose-intolerance? etc)

7. Do you drink/eat any dairy replacement? If so, what? (eg yogurt, cheese, soy)

For all
8. Which of the following would you recommend as a milk replacement for a friend who has problems digesting cow's milk? (Rank from 1st choice to last, a rationale would be nice)

Soy drink
low-lactose milk
Almond/rice milk
Goat milk
Yogurt drink
Goat and yogurt
9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest, take a guess if you don't know)
goat
yogurt
almond
low-lactose
soy

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive, again take a guess)
low-lactose
almond
yogurt
goat
soy

11. Final check, what do you think my research topic is?
[/quote]
where in the world is carmen sandiego?

something like where does lactose intolerance occur most.

when do we get to se what you've come up with?

lane777

nevermore
1. Where do you live? (Country) If you're in North America, which state/province?
Canada, MB.

For non-milk drinkers
6. Why don't you drink milk? (lactose-intolerance? etc)

I'm hypoglycemic. And that usually strings along numerous allergies. Dairy is one of them.

7. Do you drink/eat any dairy replacement? If so, what? (eg yogurt, cheese, soy)

Almond milk on the rare occasion.

8. Which of the following would you recommend as a milk replacement for a friend who has problems digesting cow's milk? (Rank from 1st choice to last, a rationale would be nice)

Almond/rice milk - Creamy consistency, mild, agreeable flavour.
Soy drink - Good flavour. But normally I would avoid it like the plague for health reasons; messes with hormones.
Goat milk - Strong taste, disgusting. But I'm assuming it would be easier to digest than the bottom two... and more available.
Low-lactose milk - Never had it.
Yogurt drink - Never had it.

9. Re-rank the above list according to nutritional value (highest to lowest, take a guess if you don't know)

Almond/rice milk
Soy drink
Goat milk
Low-lactose milk
Yogurt drink

10. Re-rank the list according to price (most expensive to least expensive, again take a guess)

Low-lactose milk
Almond/rice milk
Yogurt drink
Goat milk
Soy drink

Dairy intolerance/allergy?

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
The only time I drink milk is when I'm eating cereal.
Otherwise, no... lols. I'm not a big milk fan. :|

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Ummmm much as I appreciate your effort... I'm done collecting data for the survey. No need to waste effort filling it out anymore... Unless you wanted to tell us about your habits. :)

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I need to do a survey for a school assignment. If people wouldn't mind helping me out, it'll be great. :yes: (Yes I know it's a little long... :sorry:)

Please answer the following questions.

Philippines

2. How many times do you drink milk in a month? I'm referring to a full glass (250mL+) of milk. (choose 1)
30+ (e.g. daily)
12-29 (e.g. at least 3 times a week but not every day)
8-11 (e.g. between 2-3 times a week)
1-7 (e.g. a few times a month)
0 (e.g. you don't drink milk)

Answer: daily

3. If you don't drink milk, skip to question 6.

For milk drinkers
4. How do you usually drink your milk? (choose all that applies)
Glass of milk separately (for breakfast, before bed? etc)
Milk with cereal
Milk in beverage
Other? Please describe.

Answer: Glass of milk separately

5. What sort of milk do you drink? (choose all that applies and indicate reason for preference)
full-fat (homo, 4%)
2% milk
1% milk
skim milk
other? specify

Answer:full-fat, or to sound healthy, whole milk :smile:

I eat cheese.

For all

Soy drink
low-lactose milk Answer: low-lactose milk(no basis though..don't
Almond/rice milk know anyone with that problem)
Goat milk
Yogurt drink

1(highest)-soy drink
2 -Yogurt drink
3 -Goat milk
4 -low-lactose milk
5 -Almond/rice milk

1(most expensive)-Yogurt drink
2 -soy drink
3 -low-lactose milk
4 -Goat milk
5 -Almond/rice milk

The frequency of milk drinkers in countries around the world and in the US and the effectiveness of milk alternatives