• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It was just a little nosebleed!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
This morning with all the dry winter air my nose started to bleed. It wasn't very much. I got a tissue and threw it out and didn't think much of it. And then I nearly passed out.

I lay down a bit, know I need to get dressed, so I get up, and I nearly pass out again, more nauseated than before.

WTF happened?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any time you pass out, you should contact your doctor, really. Usually you'll be fine though.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
WTF happened?

I can't remember for sure if you are female... if so, the most likely answer is that you were anemic... actually, that's probably true if you are male too, in terms of what is likely. Or, in other words, you lost more blood than you should of. If you didn't have it for long - it's hard to tell if it was draining down the back of your throat - then that is still what I would guess.

In general, have some iron and some sugar... if it happens again, even slightly, see a doctor.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This morning with all the dry winter air my nose started to bleed. It wasn't very much. I got a tissue and threw it out and didn't think much of it. And then I nearly passed out.

I lay down a bit, know I need to get dressed, so I get up, and I nearly pass out again, more nauseated than before.

WTF happened?

Sounds to me like you might have just been affected by the site of the blood, consciously or not. The only reason I say this is that one time I got a blood test when I was in my mid-twenties as part of my annual physical. I have no issue with bloodwork, but this time when it was all over I was about to get up and the nurse said "Hey there, could you please stay seated for a minute." As I said "Of course.." I began to feel really light headed, I broke out into a cold sweat and my entire shirt was soaked through. I was told that I was white in the face, but I did not blackout, I just got really dizzy. I sat there for a few and then they let me go.

What do you think?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds to me like you might have just been affected by the site of the blood, consciously or not. The only reason I say this is that one time I got a blood test when I was in my mid-twenties as part of my annual physical. I have no issue with bloodwork, but this time when it was all over I was about to get up and the nurse said "Hey there, could you please stay seated for a minute." As I said "Of course.." I began to feel really light headed, I broke out into a cold sweat and my entire shirt was soaked through. I was told that I was white in the face, but I did not blackout, I just got really dizzy. I sat there for a few and then they let me go.

What do you think?

That happens to me frequently too. Getting blood drawn's not as bad so long as they:
1. Draw from my right arm (not sure why this is, or maybe it's not significant; just haven't had as many issues when it's drawn from my right arm for some reason)
2. Make sure I'm looking away from it

I am to the point where I can see the vials briefly afterwards and not freak out, but it's still an issue. Come to think of it, I get to have blood drawn tomorrow morning...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That happens to me frequently too. Getting blood drawn's not as bad so long as they:
1. Draw from my right arm (not sure why this is, or maybe it's not significant; just haven't had as many issues when it's drawn from my right arm for some reason)
2. Make sure I'm looking away from it

I am to the point where I can see the vials briefly afterwards and not freak out, but it's still an issue. Come to think of it, I get to have blood drawn tomorrow morning...

Cool, I'm not the only one...
Good luck tomorrow, you'll be fine. ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah go to the doctor if you're really worried, especially since it was just a nosebleed. and really can't look while drawing blood? I have to look.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
o-o I have to say I cannot empathize with the blood thing. Seeing blood doesn't bother me in the least.

More importantly, what I was about to say was already mentioned by Daffy Duck. If you're not sure if you're anemic or not, sometimes it helps, but it could have been simply that you were dehydrated.

Nose bleeds happened to me often when I was out in the sun too long and I didn't realize I wasn't taking in enough water. Dehydration over a period of time would definitely also cause it.

My non-scientific theory is that you were dehydrated, a bit deficient in nutrients your body craves, and it sorta hit you at once.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
if it really concerns you, id go talk to a doctor as most of the people on here are not likely to be qualified to comment

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^

Listen to the ISTP. :)

I have a very 'hale and hearty' constitution so it perturbed me when I started getting nose bleeds in late highschool/college.

It turned out it was a sinus/tooth issue and it worked it's way out.

The first dentist I asked (I hate dentists, btw and listen to my own body) told me it was because of the cold air -- though I had never heard of that before nor experienced it.

So it could really be for a variety of reasons - go to a doctor and leave no stone unturned! I find MDs can have a very laissez-faire attitude when it comes to seeming 'common' occurrences like nosebleeds, stomache aches, etc. even though they aren't (or shouldn't be) common, for you, the patient.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think this winter's taking it's toll on me, too..I've been getting sick a lot, latetly..

Let's see- I had an middle ear infection for a week or so, which messed up the pressures in my head so I felt lightheaded and dizzy for a while..but it went away without a visit to the doctors..

Now, I have a sinus infection, which has left me with dizziness and lightheadedness again, and headcahes, and blah! I can't wait until spring comes, a new beginning to feel refreshed..

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It slightly bothers me that Haphazard hasn't posted anything since this.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
During winter races I've seen people get nosebleeds.. or if you happen to be running alongside someone who likes to share too much... quite a few people get bloody stools after a certain distance... gross. Anyway, the ones who pass out from the various blood issues just have that reaction to blood. I've heard it's genetic? I'm fine with other people bleeding... and actually used to like getting my blood drawn, but lately I've had trouble staying conscious when I donate. My uncle is reallllyyy bad, as in, passes-out-in-gory-movies-bad. It could be so many different things... my dad gets sinus infections that cause nosebleeds all of the time... but like others mentioned, it's probably best to get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing and be aware of any other potential symptoms. I freak out over everything and go to webmd and other "symptom checker" websites quite often. Even if it turns out to be nothing... I've learned about so many other things that could kill me. It's interesting.