• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Small Meals And Anti-Stress Methods

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Okay, best stress reliever for me:
Find a friend, and go shopping for the majority of the night. Then go home take warm bath, with ambient music, and scented candles. A cigar thrown into the mix would be nice, but probably not great for your health aspect.
Well thank you. I can see that this is gonna be quite hard to do though. No bathtub, no local friends (cept for my roomie. But he is laaaazy. ISFPs. :D). I am slowly starting to think that I should get a bathtub, since everybody tells me to take one.

What I can do though, is listening to music while I shower. And I always do that. That's always kinda nice.
Other then that I go and watch some DVD or movies sometimes (on tv). Oh and playing with consoles of course. Though, stuff like Trauma Center or so is probably not the best thing to play when you are stressed. :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Well thank you. I can see that this is gonna be quite hard to do though. No bathtub, no local friends (cept for my roomie. But he is laaaazy. ISFPs. :D). I am slowly starting to think that I should get a bathtub, since everybody tells me to take one.

What I can do though, is listening to music while I shower. And I always do that. That's always kinda nice.
Other then that I go and watch some DVD or movies sometimes (on tv). Oh and playing with consoles of course. Though, stuff like Trauma Center or so is probably not the best thing to play when you are stressed. :D

Yeah get a bath-tub. A good book. A favourite snack or glass of wine. Maybe some dark chocolate. Light some candles. Relax away from the world for an hour (adding hot water as needed).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah get a bath-tub. A good book. A favourite snack or glass of wine. Maybe some dark chocolate. Light some candles. Relax away from the world for an hour (adding hot water as needed).

yes! listen to this man he knows the truth. nothing more relaxing then a hot bath a glass of red wine and a book.and the fact you get to be naked is a bonus, if you smoke weed smoke a bowl before getting in I know people who smoke in the bath but I always manage to get it wet.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
How about - until then - I just take some company to the shower. Would that work too? =P

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh yeah, granola bars could work. I ended up thinking of a simple way to make some last night. Just honey and rolled oats, mix it together and put it on a baking sheet then toss that into the fridge.

When I need to deal with stress I tend to take walks. The problem with that is I end up taking walks that go for hours, so if you have a bunch of things that need to be done it be comes kind of useless. I've been trying to pray more, but that takes a certain amount of discipline that I don't have enough of yet.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oh yeah, granola bars work. Thanks.

Yeah, walks. I used to do that, but the problem is what you say: you might end up being out there longer than expected; then you "waste" time and you are all stressed again. :rolleyes2:

There is an odd thing I noticed during the past 2 days though. Seems that working is relaxing for me. If you think about it, it's even logic: if I work, I don't have a nasty guilt feeling. So no guilt, no stress. :D

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh yeah, granola bars work. Thanks.

Yeah, walks. I used to do that, but the problem is what you say: you might end up being out there longer than expected; then you "waste" time and you are all stressed again. :rolleyes2:

There is an odd thing I noticed during the past 2 days though. Seems that working is relaxing for me. If you think about it, it's even logic: if I work, I don't have a nasty guilt feeling. So no guilt, no stress. :D

That's good then. Yes, you do tend to feel better once you feel like you've taken the first steps in starting something. It's that pressure to start that's the worst.

Some other stress relieving things: sitting somewhere cozy and reading, naps, watching fish (oddly enough), working with your hands (could be as simple as playing with play dough or something), sitting down and writing out a mock schedule for your work load (part of the "getting started" thing), and watching the stars.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
It's that pressure to start that's the worst.
Actually I had no problems to start something. It is more that I couldn't as in "there was nothing to do". That drives me nuts sometimes.

working with your hands (could be as simple as playing with play dough or something)
Funny that you mention that. Because that is what I have been doing the past days. I have a job where I make custom stuff, so I have to work with poly clay etc a lot.
Oh and thanks for your other tips, they are great.