• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying to get back to losing

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
i have a basic ENFP workout finished

technically any type can workout anyway but the workouts i made are so that each type will enjoy the workout they are doing. i do a very SJ workout personally.

and in regards to the neurological benefits... most of what i get is from "The Edge Effect" by Dr. Eric Braverman

like mentioned above (i think)... send PMs

Wow....fascinating. I'm a gym rat...live in the gym 5 days a week, 45 minutre high intesity workouts. Its my hobby to be honest...and I haven't heard about workouts designed for personality types.....

I would love to see what you have for us ENFJ's....do you mind? Thanks

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Not like I haven't heard that line a thousand times from each ENFJ I know.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
For those arguing sprints vs. distance...intervals are your best bet. Find a good rhythm for yourself, a 20 second all out burn with a 1.5-2 minute distance pace, repeat. You burn a lot more calories that way, and it also helped me with distance running in track. I was a great 100-200 meter runner but anything over than that I was terrible. Intervals helped me out a lot.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
For those arguing sprints vs. distance...intervals are your best bet. Find a good rhythm for yourself, a 20 second all out burn with a 1.5-2 minute distance pace, repeat. You burn a lot more calories that way, and it also helped me with distance running in track. I was a great 100-200 meter runner but anything over than that I was terrible. Intervals helped me out a lot.

INteresting.....that makes sense....more sense than HIIT.....which is the fad now

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
When I actually did go to the gym, I found myself jumping on the treadmill, and going as fast as I could for the longest period, then slowing down, and restarting the process. The fastest I went on it was 5.5-6, but damn it felt good. That stuff requires a damn good playlist on my iPod, haha.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Exactly. I'm going to work your idea into my regiment...I like that idea....it speaks to me....and I would like to dump another 5 lbs. or so....its all on the abdomen....

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
i used weight watchers online to help lose 35 pounds. i worked out at home using a pilates video, a yoga video and an exercise ball video. i also used some hand weights with the exercise ball video. i lost the last five pounds incidentally when i sold my car and had to carry my 30 pound toddler for just under a mile (from the bus stop to daycare and back) five days a week. my arms got pretty toned from that, and that's crazy because chubby upper-arms run in my family.

i am not currently working out because i walk s'damn much and my apartment is much too small to support such activities. i do plan on getting back into yoga once i have more room to breath.

great job on your accomplishments!

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
i used weight watchers online to help lose 35 pounds. i worked out at home using a pilates video, a yoga video and an exercise ball video. i also used some hand weights with the exercise ball video. i lost the last five pounds incidentally when i sold my car and had to carry my 30 pound toddler for just under a mile (from the bus stop to daycare and back) five days a week. my arms got pretty toned from that, and that's crazy because chubby upper-arms run in my family.

i am not currently working out because i walk s'damn much and my apartment is much too small to support such activities. i do plan on getting back into yoga once i have more room to breath.

great job on your accomplishments!

Way to go oasispaw....that is a heck of an accomplishment. Kep it up....its interesting that when life throws you problems, something else works its way into shape.

I've found when I'm broke....I get in better shape. :blush:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
yes sorry let me clear up what i meant by long distance running... if you do it all the time, of course your going to loose weight, but you will not gain strength (except for the fact that you can fun far) gain muscle (which technically is weight) and you will be, as mentioned above quite skinny, but not necessarily nicely toned. i think that running long distances mixed with short sprints is the ultimate way to cut fat and gain muscle, though really you will cut fat and up your metabolism quicker with sprints. on a side note running long distances increases serotonine (<--sp) in the brain.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I tried to get into running a little while ago, but I think I'm still too heavy. It was hell on my knees & ankles. So for now I'm sticking with brisk walking and the occasional video when it's gross outside. My midwife told me to get a set of 5lb weights and add some upper body strengthening crap to my routine, which I think I will do. After Christmas. :D

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I tried to get into running a little while ago, but I think I'm still too heavy. It was hell on my knees & ankles. So for now I'm sticking with brisk walking and the occasional video when it's gross outside. My midwife told me to get a set of 5lb weights and add some upper body strengthening crap to my routine, which I think I will do. After Christmas. :D

Don't run if you're well overweight...it IS hard on the joints! Concentrate on walking....cut those calories and walk everyday....you will get there!!

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I just needed to get some time away from school to realize where my priorities really needed to be. I'm hoping to unfuck a little bit before the spring semester starts on the 7th. I don't want to get well on my way, but at least get rid of this water weight from being so out of control.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Well I am trying my best to lose weight myself, right now I am 6'2 and weight 204 pounds (meaning I recently gained 5 lbs :/ FUCK!!!) anyways I have something like 18% body fat and I am trying to lose it too I was looking at this:

HOW TO GET SIX PACK ABS IN 16 WEEKS - Six Pack Abs Workout Routine

Looks interesting actually, I know that my biggest issue is eating properly. I NEED to get that under control.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
Way to go oasispaw....that is a heck of an accomplishment. Kep it up....its interesting that when life throws you problems, something else works its way into shape.

I've found when I'm broke....I get in better shape. :blush:

thanks!

i suck at running. and little weights are totally badical.

I just needed to get some time away from school to realize where my priorities really needed to be. I'm hoping to unfuck a little bit before the spring semester starts on the 7th. I don't want to get well on my way, but at least get rid of this water weight from being so out of control.

how's it going after the holidays, everyone??????

i went back to oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt and fruit for snacks, soup for lunch and random dinner. and lots of water! and i'm still walking a total of about 1 mile everyday, more if i have to run work errands like going to the post office or bank.