• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ZOMG!!! Am I FAT or WHAT?!?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'd be your partner but you live too far away, my husband wouldn't like it, your wife wouldn't like it, I'm moody, and I like being alone so it just wouldn't work out (haha).

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
UPDATE: Coincidentally, I had to get a bunch of tests updated with the company nurse today in anticipation of being trained to run a forklift. I found out that for the first time ever my blood pressure is high. It tested at 152/115.
That is high... May I recommend this to you? Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide - Main Page

It'll remind you when you have had enough. Guilt trip works. :devil:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fattened up mouse? Just in time for Thanksgiving! :D =^.^=
Now where's my rotisserie? :drool:

Yeah, I'm about 5'10 myself with a medium build. Looking at myself compared to last year I'd guess I'm about 190 and I'm pretty sure 40 of it is the kind of weight I don't want. I'm slowly working on it, but I don't remember to eat at the right times to buy the good food. It usually just ends up spoiling in my fridge while I'm off doing other things.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I went to the effort of converting so I could understand what 230 pounds is, really you guys should use kilograms, you’d be just over 100 and sound so much lighter.

I really have nothing to add that hasn’t already been said I just wanted you know I went to an effort :)

If that's true, though, it'll be so much harder to lose a kilogram than a pound.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If that's true, though, it'll be so much harder to lose a kilogram than a pound.

But you’d have less to lose ;)

And whaddya mean if that's true!?!

btw did you pwn the pumpkin pie judging contest mousie?

O

Oberon

But you’d have less to lose ;)

And whaddya mean if that's true!?!

btw did you pwn the pumpkin pie judging contest mousie?

I was judging pies in a competition between cooks, not competing to see who was the best pie judge.

But in the process, I did manage to pwn three whole pieces of pumpkin pie (including my son's delicious pumpkin chiffon effort), plus numerous other dribs and drabs and scraps of pie.

It was low-sodium, at least. :doh:

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Amazon.com: The Shangri-La Diet: The No Hunger Eat Anything Weight-Loss Plan: Seth Roberts: Books

It works. If you don't believe me, ask the 12 pounds I had gained back from my last bout with Weight Watchers that have disappeared effortlessly in the past month and a half or so. I have always felt like changing my eating habits was like pushing a boulder uphill. I could never sustain my momentum for long enough to lose everything I need to lose, let alone keep it off. This is different. I am eating when I'm hungry, eating what I want, and eating 'til I'm full. I just happen to want to eat good stuff, and less of it. I haven't had fast food in almost six weeks now, which is HUGE for me.

I got this book from the library and spent 1/2 hour reading part of it. Looks interesting. Combines several concepts:

1) Cook at home vs. fast food joints or prepackaged foods.

2) Variety is the spice of life. Use different spices when you cook. Try different cuisines and flavors.

3) Avoid processed foods and refined starches. Eat an orange instead of drinking OJ. Eat brown rice instead of white.

He gives very specific and somewhat unconventional reasons for eating these ways, but if you follow just those 3 pieces of advice you'll probably lose weight anyway.

Theoretically, you can eat whatever you want - fast food, cake, junk food, starches, etc. But if you follow his advice, you'll lose weight faster and feel like eating less overall.

The catch is taking several spoonsful of sugar water and/or light olive oil each day, which is what resets your metabolism, makes you feel full, etc.

I'm willing to give it a try.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I've been doing this to get more active. It's pretty damn easy, and pretty damn cheap. Just make sure you have the right shoes.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They look like they have fun, maybe?

mouse-wheel.gif

O

Oberon

Now, that was all right.

I managed to get through Thanksgiving without gaining an ounce. I ate only the lean turkey breast meat, I avoided the mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuck with the veggie side dishes. Dessert was only one little piece of pumpkin pie.

I still ate kind of a lot, but it was a lower-sodium meal than usual, and lower in carbs and fat than usual, and I wasn't bloated afterward like I normally am.

Baby steps...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Now, that was all right.

I managed to get through Thanksgiving without gaining an ounce. I ate only the lean turkey breast meat, I avoided the mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuck with the veggie side dishes. Dessert was only one little piece of pumpkin pie.

I still ate kind of a lot, but it was a lower-sodium meal than usual, and lower in carbs and fat than usual, and I wasn't bloated afterward like I normally am.

Baby steps...

Go oberon! :nice: Think you the next step should be to exercise more?

O

Oberon

Go oberon! :nice: Think you the next step should be to exercise more?

Clearly, the answer is yes. I have been taking the steps at work rather than the elevator, which amounts to about five more three-story trips up and down every work day. That's something.

If I can carve out the time, I'll get a gym membership.