• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ZOMG!!! Am I FAT or WHAT?!?

O

Oberon

My beloved brought home a new bathroom scale, as our old one hadn't been working properly for some time.

In the kitchen with all my clothes on I weighed a cool 230. In the bathroom this morning in the absolute belly-sagging, gouge-your-eyes-out nude I still came in at 226.4. This is on a broad-shouldered 5'10" frame, but still... it's truly fifty pounds heavier than I could be, and still be healthy.

This event has made me feel anxious and unhappy.

Therefore I crave cheesecake. :doh:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Shit happens.

You aren't your body weight. Unless you're concerned about your health, forget about it.

Good man, Oberon.

O

Oberon

Shit happens.

You aren't your body weight. Unless you're concerned about your health, forget about it.

Good man, Oberon.

At the age of 41 and leading a sedentary lifestyle, I need to either get that sh!t under control, or plan for a cardiac event or the onset of Type II diabetes within the next decade.

SRSLY.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, you're overweight. If you want to lose it, start jogging and start eating consciously. Lifting weights is a good idea, too, and focusing on major muscles (legs, back, chest) will jumpstart your metabolism, and make you objectively sexier and worth more as a person. It's been proven by philosophers. G'luck!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
After Thanksgiving, then.

In good conscience, I can't suggest differently.

(Besides listening to Edahn...)

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dietitian. See one. My doc referred me recently and since adjusting my eating habits to follow the "food pyramid" (I use a printed spreadsheet as a scorecard for all that) I'm down about 10lb from what I was just over a month ago. (I'm about 5'11" and......... quite a bit heavier than you. Course I'm also 26 so I got time.)]

The exercise is great, but, really, the diet is the #1 part of it all.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Is that even possible?!?
:D

I know, right? Because we all think values are subjective rather than objective. How could an object, like your body, acquire a label, you ask? I can't really explain it either, but it has something to do with the words "quantum," "epistemology," and "nachos."

O

Oberon

I can say for sure that I am most accustomed to thinking of quanta and epistemology as Platonic ideals, whereas nachos I have experienced exclusively as an Aristotelian particular.

Repeatedly.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yeah, you're overweight. If you want to lose it, start jogging and start eating consciously. Lifting weights is a good idea, too, and focusing on major muscles (legs, back, chest) will jumpstart your metabolism, and make you objectively sexier and worth more as a person. It's been proven by philosophers. G'luck!
This is all so true.

Oberon you're not that overweight to the point where it should be depressing though. Hit the gym and you'll feel great inside and out. And also what Night said about waiting till after Turkey Day.

O

Oberon

This is all so true.

Oberon you're not that overweight to the point where it should be depressing though. Hit the gym and you'll feel great inside and out. And also what Night said about waiting till after Turkey Day.

I believe you about Thanksgiving, but for my information, why do you recommend that I wait?

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
you have the self awareness and motivation now, the trick is to turn that into a daily habit. it's probably better to wait for a longer period of time that you won't be tempted to break your diet instead of only 3 days... wait till after thanksgiving that will give you about 3-4 weeks to get into the habit before christmas foods :alttongue:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
more cushion for the pushin' ;)

wait until after Thanksgiving and Christmas to diet, it's too hard to do it during the holidays. All the food is wayyy too tempting.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I believe you about Thanksgiving, but for my information, why do you recommend that I wait?
or not. whatever. I am heading to the gym tonight, tomorrow & wednesday but I plan on being a good American and stuffing my face on Thurs and Friday.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Cut out all grain products and sugary stuff, and drink more water. Eat less salt. Problem solved.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
....also, your scale should be kept and used on a level surface, to be accurate.