• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ZOMG!!! Am I FAT or WHAT?!?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's share it. I can eat my donut, and you can eat my hole. :newwink:

:huh:

:shock:

that could be interesting... and burn calories as well I guess

of course, upping your caffeine intake burns some calories by raising your metabolism (thank you Glamour and National Geographic)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For you, sweet cakes.

I miss our chinese runs. :D

1346542465_46309802f8_b.jpg

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Amazon.com: The Shangri-La Diet: The No Hunger Eat Anything Weight-Loss Plan: Seth Roberts: Books

It works. If you don't believe me, ask the 12 pounds I had gained back from my last bout with Weight Watchers that have disappeared effortlessly in the past month and a half or so. I have always felt like changing my eating habits was like pushing a boulder uphill. I could never sustain my momentum for long enough to lose everything I need to lose, let alone keep it off. This is different. I am eating when I'm hungry, eating what I want, and eating 'til I'm full. I just happen to want to eat good stuff, and less of it. I haven't had fast food in almost six weeks now, which is HUGE for me.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Amazon.com: The Shangri-La Diet: The No Hunger Eat Anything Weight-Loss Plan: Seth Roberts: Books

It works. If you don't believe me, ask the 12 pounds I had gained back from my last bout with Weight Watchers that have disappeared effortlessly in the past month and a half or so. I have always felt like changing my eating habits was like pushing a boulder uphill. I could never sustain my momentum for long enough to lose everything I need to lose, let alone keep it off. This is different. I am eating when I'm hungry, eating what I want, and eating 'til I'm full. I just happen to want to eat good stuff, and less of it. I haven't had fast food in almost six weeks now, which is HUGE for me.

You know, because you are Ivy, I am probably going to go to Borders right now to buy that book.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You know, because you are Ivy, I am probably going to go to Borders right now to buy that book.

I heard about it from fripping on INTPC. If I had just come across it in a magazine or something I would have rolled my eyes and moved on, but since someone I consider smrt had approved of it, I figured it was worth a shot. Even so, at first I was pretty sure it was a psychological experiment to see how many fatties the author could get to drink oil if he told them they'd lose weight.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dude. I love fripping. I pretend to worship him sometimes even!

His humor indicates that he is a smart guy, so I'm sure to tune in when he posts his annual serious post.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
My beloved brought home a new bathroom scale, as our old one hadn't been working properly for some time.

In the kitchen with all my clothes on I weighed a cool 230. In the bathroom this morning in the absolute belly-sagging, gouge-your-eyes-out nude I still came in at 226.4. This is on a broad-shouldered 5'10" frame, but still... it's truly fifty pounds heavier than I could be, and still be healthy.

This event has made me feel anxious and unhappy.

Therefore I crave cheesecake. :doh:

Overweight mouster... just like the little fluff balls I have in my lab. :D

You know, your health has less to do with your body weight compared to your physical activity level. Go exercise and eat a more balanced diet.

Intake = outtake :yes:

You can make that your New Year's Resolution. Heh! :devil:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Get a side job as a valet. You'll run so much, you won't even have to change your diet. You might even get paid in cash! (no taxes)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Fatty McFatfat.

...But seriously. ^_^ Its good to hear you at least becoming concerned on this!! My father or mother, both obese, take no steps into trying to at least substitute their current lifestyles in the attempt to lessen the severity of their weight gain. They continue to do the same things, and my worry for them follows with it each and every day. Make good on your words.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I went to the effort of converting so I could understand what 230 pounds is, really you guys should use kilograms, you’d be just over 100 and sound so much lighter.

I really have nothing to add that hasn’t already been said I just wanted you know I went to an effort :)

O

Oberon

I went to the effort of converting so I could understand what 230 pounds is, really you guys should use kilograms, you’d be just over 100 and sound so much lighter.

I really have nothing to add that hasn’t already been said I just wanted you know I went to an effort :)

I appreciate that.

For our UK readers, that's 16 stone and 6 pounds. :D

EDIT: I got home from work last night to see that my kids and the neighbors had whipped together a pumpkin pie contest, and they asked me to judge.

[sigh]

O

Oberon

UPDATE: Coincidentally, I had to get a bunch of tests updated with the company nurse today in anticipation of being trained to run a forklift. I found out that for the first time ever my blood pressure is high. It tested at 152/115.

Now I'm getting seriously motivated.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Two words - exercise partner.

I don't know about any Fripping diet, but an overall change is what's needed. Not just weight loss, but some exercise. Walking brisking 30 minutes is a start.

Good luck, Oberon.