User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default COVID-19 as a Health Issue

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for this already. The focus here is the medical/health aspects of coronavirus: if you had it, what was it like and how did you handle it? If you have had a vaccine, how did it go? Which one did you get, and did you have any side effects? Have you lost anyone due to COVID? Please save political and public health concerns for the appropriate threads in Politics.

I'll start. I had dose 1 of the Moderna vaccine last week. The only side effect was soreness at the injection site for several days, which is longer than for a flu shot. My INTP had the Pfizer vaccine one week earlier. He complained of fatigue for 2 days after getting it. I'll post again after we have received the second dose.
    Let us go together to that Sea of Stars.
    Likes Abcdenfp, Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I had never tested positive for COVID, after a test in June 2020 and one in February.

I had the Moderna shot #1 on Friday. The shot itself was over before I knew it.

The next day I had a bit of pain at the injection site. Over the next few days I felt a little more pain in my arm which went away. I also had a touch of nausea and general fatigue which seemed to get better by the 3-4th day.

I lost a coworker who was only 34 to COVID back in November. She got COVID, got better, but then died 5-6 weeks in her sleep from heart failure, despite being very healthy, eating well, active. She had an enlarged heart and other complications typically related to COVID, when they did the autopsy. It was devastating to her family and her coworkers. We still feel her loss. I think of her daily, since I often spent time with her walking during lunch, or just stopping to see her (when we were on campus) or working with her in IM. I don't think I'll get over it, I'll always miss her.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I had both Moderna vaccines in February. I had a slight headache with the first one and nothing with the second one. My husband had his first one on Monday and is doing well with some mild fatigue.

I've lost 6 people in the last year, coworkers and colleagues. My next door neighbor, already on oxygen due to other health issues, ignored all protocols, died last week. So 7 people. I think the normalizing and insistence (by a large and concerning number of Americans) that there is absolutely nothing that could have stopped nearly 550K deaths, is something that's not getting enough attention. It's really painful for me to talk about some of the losses so I don't say a lot.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

hugs for all of you who have lost people.

I have had 3 family members test covid positive. They are all still with us. My mother and father have received their first dose with minimal symptoms (head ache and dizziness)

I am waiting patiently for my age group to have access. Our little islands have mandatory mask requirements and curfew's still in place.
    "I have spoken."
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I appreciate you all sharing your experiences. I have been lucky enough to not get covid and not really know anyone thus far who has died of it. One of my online friends got it and it hit her pretty hard at first with wheezing and all. I was very worried for her as she's had health issues all her life despite being quite young.

I do think too many people have a bit of reckless abandon about it. I cannot get the vaccine appointment until April 5th but I intend to take it. I've never even taken a flu shot let alone this sort of vaccine, so I am appreciative of everyone sharing what it is like. It eases my "omg I've not done this" anxiety a bit.

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

I have an appointment scheduled to get the pfizer vaccine tomorrow. A little nervous but I figure if its “poison” I mean, that sucks but I have to make the most informed decision and this seems to make the most sense. Covid sucks. The vaccine so far seems to suck less. Ill get the vaccine

I just got the vaccine (I think?). I only say I think because I didnt even feel the needle going in. One second she says “ok a little poke” and then the next second I feel a bandaid and Im like wait really?

Too early for side effects but my throat isnt swelling up so thats a good sign
    Likes Totenkindly, Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I just got the vaccine (I think?). I only say I think because I didnt even feel the needle going in. One second she says “ok a little poke” and then the next second I feel a bandaid and Im like wait really?

Yeah, I almost missed the injection as well. It's a very thin needle. I was kinda surprised at how easy it was.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Yeah, I almost missed the injection as well. It's a very thin needle. I was kinda surprised at how easy it was.
    Yeah I mean it was way easier than a blood draw (my veins are notoriously shitty so they usually suck and thats sort of what I was preparing for here) and the covid test was like 10 times worse (even though that wasnt that bad either- people are wimps man).

I am glad I got it, its checked off the list, now I have to wait a few weeks for the next one and then DONE and with a much less likelihood of ending up on a ventilator
    Likes Totenkindly, Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

Yes it's a very painless vaccine.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.