• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

COVID-19 as a Health Issue

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Got my second Moderna dose last week. It was much worse than the first one. I had soreness at the injection site and a high fever that started at night and lasted for about 18 hours. Unlike the first shot, this second one made my whole body ache and sapped my energy. Two days later and I'm back to normal. I think the b-vitamins I took might have helped.

i have heard this about the second one.

- - - Updated - - -

As an update, unfortunately I am knocked out flat today with a consistent 100+ fever and symptoms that go with that, so I guess I'm an unlucky stat who is experiencing worse effects ( or maybe this is more of a norm). I am hoping I start to feel better by tonight or tomorrow. I have had many types of vaccines and this is the first time I've experienced anything other than a prolonged arm ache.

Also FYI the single dose Jannsen vaccine feels more like other vaccines when injected. It's not unnoticeable.

As a contingency I'd suggest when you get whichever vaccine, to have it in place beforehand that you may not be working the next day. My boss is doing that with folks so we were prepared.

Hope you feel better.

I had my first shot yesterday Astrazeneca Last night i had chills and aches and today a little tired. So we will see what the second shot has in store.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took my first Pfizer shot yesterday and did not have drastic symptoms (neither did my friend or roommate, who also took it). Very mild, but persistent/on and off headache that lasted for two days and notable fatigue. Interesting, we all reported joint pain (elbow) on the injected arm. I also have eczema and tend to have a reaction to most vaccines I have taken, so as usual I had soreness and rashing around the injection site. Different then usual, I had rash/eczema patches which excited themselves on my injection arm and semi-persistent itchiness on that arm and generally on that side of my body.

Looking at the few people I've spoken to, for those who typically have reactions to vaccines (like myself), the reaction with this vaccine is more significant/notable than with other vaccines (but not to the point of severity). My friend's mother typically gets headaches, mild rashing, and fatigue and with the first shot had those, as well as a bit of swelling on her face initially. Mine was also a bit more notable as mentioned, this may be a pattern but two people is not statistically significant.

Not bad, but I'm not excited for the second dose considering most people who I've heard take the first vaccine had more minimal reactions than myself...

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I took my first Pfizer shot yesterday and did not have drastic symptoms (neither did my friend or roommate, who also took it). Very mild, but persistent/on and off headache that lasted for two days and notable fatigue. Interesting, we all reported joint pain (elbow) on the injected arm. I also have eczema and tend to have a reaction to most vaccines I have taken, so as usual I had soreness and rashing around the injection site. Different then usual, I had rash/eczema patches which excited themselves on my injection arm and semi-persistent itchiness on that arm and generally on that side of my body. Looking at the few people I've spoken to, for those who typically have reactions to vaccines (like myself), the reaction with this vaccine is more significant/notable than with other vaccines (but not to the point of severity). My friend's mother typically gets headaches, mild rashing, and fatigue and with the first shot had those, as well as a bit of swelling on her face initially. Mine was also a bit more notable as mentioned, this may be a pattern but two people is not statistically significant. Not bad, but I'm not excited for the second dose considering most people who I've heard take the first vaccine had more minimal reactions than myself...
Same , based on the last 24 hrs , I will take the next day off for the next one.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
so symptom i think is tingling in my fingers and joint pain currently

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Posted in my blog this morning:

Got Moderna #2 yesterday around lunch.

Felt a little off through the day (a little spacey, a little nauseated) but nothing bad.

COuldn't fall asleep until around 3:30am, then work up every hour until I finally got out of bed around 9am, and I keep zonking out on and off over the last few hours.

My main symptoms seem to be:

• a slight but consistent headache
  • a slightly elevated temperature (I've been consistently up about a degree from the norm)
  • horrifically aching body even after taking prescription anti-inflammatories. I mean, the meds helped, but I feel like I got worked over and my muscles all hurt when I move.
  • a bit of fatigue but honestly I've had worse unrelated to COVID

At least I know what is causing it. if this happened randomly, I'd be worried. I'm instead just camped out at home, enduring it for the day or two it takes to work through it.

I was worried about my breathing because I have minor asthma, but I haven't even had to use my inhaler, so that's good.

I barely had a response to the first shot a month back, it might have just been a very slight pain where I got stuck, once a day had passed.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have my 2nd dose of Pfizer on the 6th of next month. After having a mild reaction to the 1st shot (headache, slight fever, fatigue), I'm glad I decided to schedule these on my off days as opposed to my original plan of scheduling my appointments before going to work.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had my second dose of Moderna last Wed. My arm was quite sore into the evening. The next day I had frequent chills and achiness that was helped by acetaminophen. I did a couple hours of work from home (I am teleworking 3 days/week during the pandemic) and used sick leave the rest of the day. By Friday morning, I felt fine with just some residual arm soreness. That was gone by Sunday, so all is back to normal now.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regarding the vaccine, I've had this going on and someone sent this article to help explain it. The sharp muscle pain was notable the first two weeks after the second shot, also some after the first shot, but it is still a little bit of an issue, although I don't know if it is from other factors.

How to think about and handle this side effect.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I got Pfizered today for the first time. It is still early but besides slight energy loss there don't seem to be any problems.
If this is it the vaccination is absolutely worth it if we consider the alternatives.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My face tingled for maybe 5 minutes after I got the first dose, then I felt fine. My wife got the second shot and felt okay-ish. She got tired but experienced no fever.

It seems from what I've heard that most of the people reporting feeling shitty after the second dose are younger and middle aged adults, while seniors I've spoken to have mostly reported feeling milder effects after the second dose.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have my 2nd dose of Pfizer on the 6th of next month.
I get my first Pfizer shot on the 6th. :D

After having a mild reaction to the 1st shot (headache, slight fever, fatigue), I'm glad I decided to schedule these on my off days as opposed to my original plan of scheduling my appointments before going to work.
Well the 6th is a Thursday and I go back to work on Sunday, so hopefully I'll be good to go. :shrug: My mom just had a slight reaction to the second shot and my dad didn't seem to react much when he got the first one last week.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I got Pfizered today for the first time. It is still early but besides slight energy loss there don't seem to be any problems.
If this is it the vaccination is absolutely worth it if we consider the alternatives.

Noting scary, slight energy loss and now the arm gently hurts at moments.
Plus all of that can be explained on different ways if we consider what I was doing and that I didn't really get enough sleep.
By next night I will probably be completely fine.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My face tingled for maybe 5 minutes after I got the first dose, then I felt fine. My wife got the second shot and felt okay-ish. She got tired but experienced no fever.

It seems from what I've heard that most of the people reporting feeling shitty after the second dose are younger and middle aged adults, while seniors I've spoken to have mostly reported feeling milder effects after the second dose.
My understanding is that the strength of immune system correlates with strength of response to the vaccine.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The biggest side-effect of first dose seems to be the calm that is coming from the fact that you don't have to think about every detail while doing things.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
My understanding is that the strength of immune system correlates with strength of response to the vaccine.

Then my immune system is strong. Had to go to acupuncturist for the tingling apparently is a nerve response. wtf

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took my first Pfizer shot yesterday and did not have drastic symptoms (neither did my friend or roommate, who also took it). Very mild, but persistent/on and off headache that lasted for two days and notable fatigue. Interesting, we all reported joint pain (elbow) on the injected arm. I also have eczema and tend to have a reaction to most vaccines I have taken, so as usual I had soreness and rashing around the injection site. Different then usual, I had rash/eczema patches which excited themselves on my injection arm and semi-persistent itchiness on that arm and generally on that side of my body.

Looking at the few people I've spoken to, for those who typically have reactions to vaccines (like myself), the reaction with this vaccine is more significant/notable than with other vaccines (but not to the point of severity). My friend's mother typically gets headaches, mild rashing, and fatigue and with the first shot had those, as well as a bit of swelling on her face initially. Mine was also a bit more notable as mentioned, this may be a pattern but two people is not statistically significant.

Not bad, but I'm not excited for the second dose considering most people who I've heard take the first vaccine had more minimal reactions than myself...

Ironically, second dose didn't hit me too bad. I got mine yesterday and I'm feeling mostly ok. I might have had a light fever earlier this morning but I actually feel less bad than when I received the first dose. We will see how things progress for the remainder of the day, but so far so good.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ironically, second dose didn't hit me too bad. I got mine yesterday and I'm feeling mostly ok. I might have had a light fever earlier this morning but I actually feel less bad than when I received the first dose. We will see how things progress for the remainder of the day, but so far so good.

I get my second shot today -- hoping for a similar experience after feeing a little unwell after the first one.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I tell lies. It's still not like terrible, but without Tylenol I probably would've had a fever and nausea all day. I expected worse though considering things, so this is fine.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My immune system must be damn weak, because all I experienced was a mild headache for part of the next day... It will probably be the only attempt at stimulating my immune response that I make this year, since I got the shot that, while it requires no follow up, has the drawback of sometimes causing serious blood clots.