User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Got my second Moderna dose last week. It was much worse than the first one. I had soreness at the injection site and a high fever that started at night and lasted for about 18 hours. Unlike the first shot, this second one made my whole body ache and sapped my energy. Two days later and I'm back to normal. I think the b-vitamins I took might have helped.
    i have heard this about the second one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    As an update, unfortunately I am knocked out flat today with a consistent 100+ fever and symptoms that go with that, so I guess I'm an unlucky stat who is experiencing worse effects ( or maybe this is more of a norm). I am hoping I start to feel better by tonight or tomorrow. I have had many types of vaccines and this is the first time I've experienced anything other than a prolonged arm ache.

Also FYI the single dose Jannsen vaccine feels more like other vaccines when injected. It's not unnoticeable.

As a contingency I'd suggest when you get whichever vaccine, to have it in place beforehand that you may not be working the next day. My boss is doing that with folks so we were prepared.
    Hope you feel better.

I had my first shot yesterday Astrazeneca Last night i had chills and aches and today a little tired. So we will see what the second shot has in store.
    "I have spoken."
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

Taking Brief blessblessblessblessbless Break RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I took my first Pfizer shot yesterday and did not have drastic symptoms (neither did my friend or roommate, who also took it). Very mild, but persistent/on and off headache that lasted for two days and notable fatigue. Interesting, we all reported joint pain (elbow) on the injected arm. I also have eczema and tend to have a reaction to most vaccines I have taken, so as usual I had soreness and rashing around the injection site. Different then usual, I had rash/eczema patches which excited themselves on my injection arm and semi-persistent itchiness on that arm and generally on that side of my body.

Looking at the few people I've spoken to, for those who typically have reactions to vaccines (like myself), the reaction with this vaccine is more significant/notable than with other vaccines (but not to the point of severity). My friend's mother typically gets headaches, mild rashing, and fatigue and with the first shot had those, as well as a bit of swelling on her face initially. Mine was also a bit more notable as mentioned, this may be a pattern but two people is not statistically significant.

Not bad, but I'm not excited for the second dose considering most people who I've heard take the first vaccine had more minimal reactions than myself...
    Lawful Neutral | LII-Ti | RLoxI | VLEF | FF Ti-Si SCPB |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDoubt View Post
    I took my first Pfizer shot yesterday and did not have drastic symptoms (neither did my friend or roommate, who also took it). Very mild, but persistent/on and off headache that lasted for two days and notable fatigue. Interesting, we all reported joint pain (elbow) on the injected arm. I also have eczema and tend to have a reaction to most vaccines I have taken, so as usual I had soreness and rashing around the injection site. Different then usual, I had rash/eczema patches which excited themselves on my injection arm and semi-persistent itchiness on that arm and generally on that side of my body. Looking at the few people I've spoken to, for those who typically have reactions to vaccines (like myself), the reaction with this vaccine is more significant/notable than with other vaccines (but not to the point of severity). My friend's mother typically gets headaches, mild rashing, and fatigue and with the first shot had those, as well as a bit of swelling on her face initially. Mine was also a bit more notable as mentioned, this may be a pattern but two people is not statistically significant. Not bad, but I'm not excited for the second dose considering most people who I've heard take the first vaccine had more minimal reactions than myself...
    Same , based on the last 24 hrs , I will take the next day off for the next one.
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

so symptom i think is tingling in my fingers and joint pain currently
    "I have spoken."

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Posted in my blog this morning:

Got Moderna #2 yesterday around lunch.

Felt a little off through the day (a little spacey, a little nauseated) but nothing bad.

COuldn't fall asleep until around 3:30am, then work up every hour until I finally got out of bed around 9am, and I keep zonking out on and off over the last few hours.

My main symptoms seem to be:

• a slight but consistent headache
    • a slightly elevated temperature (I've been consistently up about a degree from the norm)
    • horrifically aching body even after taking prescription anti-inflammatories. I mean, the meds helped, but I feel like I got worked over and my muscles all hurt when I move.
    • a bit of fatigue but honestly I've had worse unrelated to COVID

At least I know what is causing it. if this happened randomly, I'd be worried. I'm instead just camped out at home, enduring it for the day or two it takes to work through it.

I was worried about my breathing because I have minor asthma, but I haven't even had to use my inhaler, so that's good.

I barely had a response to the first shot a month back, it might have just been a very slight pain where I got stuck, once a day had passed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"
    "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone." ~ "Six Feet Under"
    Likes Seymour, Siúil a Rún liked this post

I have my 2nd dose of Pfizer on the 6th of next month. After having a mild reaction to the 1st shot (headache, slight fever, fatigue), I'm glad I decided to schedule these on my off days as opposed to my original plan of scheduling my appointments before going to work.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I had my second dose of Moderna last Wed. My arm was quite sore into the evening. The next day I had frequent chills and achiness that was helped by acetaminophen. I did a couple hours of work from home (I am teleworking 3 days/week during the pandemic) and used sick leave the rest of the day. By Friday morning, I felt fine with just some residual arm soreness. That was gone by Sunday, so all is back to normal now.
    Judex ergo cum sedebit,
    Quidquid latet apparebit.
    Likes Siúil a Rún liked this post

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Regarding the vaccine, I've had this going on and someone sent this article to help explain it. The sharp muscle pain was notable the first two weeks after the second shot, also some after the first shot, but it is still a little bit of an issue, although I don't know if it is from other factors.

How to think about and handle this side effect.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

I got Pfizered today for the first time. It is still early but besides slight energy loss there don't seem to be any problems.
    If this is it the vaccination is absolutely worth it if we consider the alternatives.
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My face tingled for maybe 5 minutes after I got the first dose, then I felt fine. My wife got the second shot and felt okay-ish. She got tired but experienced no fever.

It seems from what I've heard that most of the people reporting feeling shitty after the second dose are younger and middle aged adults, while seniors I've spoken to have mostly reported feeling milder effects after the second dose.