User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes it's a very painless vaccine.
    Yeah my arms a little sore but besides that I feel fine. It hasnt been very long though so I guess well see

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I've had two negative COVID-19 tests during the pandemic year: one in January, and the other August I think. Today I had my second Pfizer shot and I had chills and fever last night with sweating, my arm is still sore at the injection site, and I've been very tired today. After the first shot it was similar, but not the pronounced chills and fever. The vaccine is rougher than the flu vaccine for my experience.

I'm not sure what this is about but I had very extreme allergies last year at this time of the year and I'm fine this year. I had extreme asthma and also eye swelling that started after a week of fevers the end of last March. People tended to dismiss it as allergies, but I think there was a viral component, although perhaps not COVID-19, but I didn't get a test until several months after I had those extreme 'allergy' issues. It might have been adenovirus or something. It was a bizarre year for physical symptoms for myself without explanation.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by FemMecha View Post
    I've had two negative COVID-19 tests during the pandemic year: one in January, and the other August I think. Today I had my second Pfizer shot and I had chills and fever last night with sweating, my arm is still sore at the injection site, and I've been very tired today. After the first shot it was similar, but not the pronounced chills and fever. The vaccine is rougher than the flu vaccine for my experience.

I'm not sure what this is about but I had very extreme allergies last year at this time of the year and I'm fine this year. I had extreme asthma and also eye swelling that started after a week of fevers the end of last March. People tended to dismiss it as allergies, but I think there was a viral component, although perhaps not COVID-19, but I didn't get a test until several months after I had those extreme 'allergy' issues. It might have been adenovirus or something. It was a bizarre year for physical symptoms for myself without explanation.
    I also experienced strange symptoms in march last year right before everything closed down here, i had teribble vertigo which i had never had any experience and very extreme fatigue but testing wasnt even being discussed it was so early on.
    "I have spoken."
    Likes Red Memories, Siúil a Rún liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can say I'm still not sure I did not have it considering the antibody test is flimsy at best, but if I did I definitely had a "long" covid because I had waves of symptoms from late February to early April.
    Likes Siúil a Rún liked this post

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Giant supermarket apparently just started doing J&J vaccinations in MD, according to a FB post for my neighborhood group.

Pretty much everyone in this area seemed to be only getting Moderna up to now, based on distribution to the pharmacy chains.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

Of course the virus is a health issue, not a political issue, or a religious issue as with the anti-vaxers.

Everything has risk, and we need to balance the risk against the benefits, however we are blessed with evidence based medicine, free for all. And the risks from the vaccination are small, with small consequences.

I was asked the other day whether I wanted the vaccine, and I replied without hesitation, "I insist".
    Likes Siúil a Rún, xenaprincess, Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Got my second Moderna dose last week. It was much worse than the first one. I had soreness at the injection site and a high fever that started at night and lasted for about 18 hours. Unlike the first shot, this second one made my whole body ache and sapped my energy. Two days later and I'm back to normal. I think the b-vitamins I took might have helped.
    Shocking news: The Thompson Twins are not really twins!
    Likes Totenkindly, xenaprincess, Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I am extremely happy and thankful to report that as of less than an hour ago, I got the single-dose J&J vaccine. They've started opening a few new state-run mass vaccination sites here, and the one I went to opened a little over two weeks ago. I got myself on the waiting list the day it opened and received an email to make an appt about four days later. I was in the last group of folks eligible for the vaccine before it was opened to everyone (technically became eligible on March 19 but waiting lists, etc etc). As it turns out, they decided to open it up to everyone only about a week after I became eligible, even though there are still tons of people from the early groups that still need to be vaccinated and have been on waiting lists for weeks/nearing two months. I feel lucky and relieved. The people who have the energy/bandwidth to 'hustle' this whole process and who are spending a lot of time actively trying to find availability are opting to drive 2+ hours away to get it.

I'll update if I end up having any significant side effects this evening or over the next few days. But, I know too it can be highly variable by individual.

Regarding whether I had it or not previously, if I did, I was asymptomatic or it mirrored allergies exactly. There was also really bad air quality for several months in the second half of 2020, so that caused some symptoms that matched the virus/ threw more variables into the picture. I think it would be highly unlikely if I hadn't come in contact with it over the past year, since I work at a sbux. Even though we do and have been wearing masks the whole time.

I know one person who has died from it (she was around 50) so far.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

As an update, unfortunately I am knocked out flat today with a consistent 100+ fever and symptoms that go with that, so I guess I'm an unlucky stat who is experiencing worse effects ( or maybe this is more of a norm). I am hoping I start to feel better by tonight or tomorrow. I have had many types of vaccines and this is the first time I've experienced anything other than a prolonged arm ache.

Also FYI the single dose Jannsen vaccine feels more like other vaccines when injected. It's not unnoticeable.

As a contingency I'd suggest when you get whichever vaccine, to have it in place beforehand that you may not be working the next day. My boss is doing that with folks so we were prepared.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes xenaprincess, Abcdenfp liked this post