• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your resting pulse-rate right now?

What's your resting pulse-rate (beats per minute)?

• Less than 50 (I'm an elite athlete)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 50-55

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • 56-60

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 61-65

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 66-70

• 71-75

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 76-80

• 81-85

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Greater than 85 (I'm an INTP)

• Could detect no pulse - may be a zombie

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
61 took me forever to find my pulse. I could not find it in either wrist. I was worried i might be dead

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Mine tends to hover around 80-90bpm at rest, sometimes higher. It's independent of fitness level or weight. It's the same now as when I was a skinny teenager doing 20+ hours of hard exercise a week (not by choice).

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
It's normal for da girlz to have higher pulses, so it's not a surprise to see that trend in the thread. Although the one who thought she might be dead is a little worrying.

sade

58 right now, meh. I've usually had a low-ish pulse, for a girl. I did get worried when it dropped to 48 when I was doing athletics..

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I always have a high pulse rate considering my fitness level (I was at 68), but I also tend to not be allowed to donate blood because my blood pressure is always so low.

I've wondered if the two are connected but it's one of those things I'm too lazy to investigate thoroughly.

That's quite normal for a pulse rate. Also the smaller your body size, the higher your heart rate is on average, so are you smaller than others? I don't mean this in an offensive way, just in a scientific curious way.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Right now? lol, no idea, and I'm not gonna hook up my HRM. Last time I checked, I was an athlete, and it was around 50.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I answered this poll it was like 75, but I just checked it again and it was 60.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
79 right now, and I think I just discovered that I have an irregular heart beat. Thanks a lot, Jeff.