• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your resting pulse-rate right now?

What's your resting pulse-rate (beats per minute)?

• Less than 50 (I'm an elite athlete)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 50-55

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • 56-60

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 61-65

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 66-70

• 71-75

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 76-80

• 81-85

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Greater than 85 (I'm an INTP)

• Could detect no pulse - may be a zombie

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm tolerably sure I'm not a British motorcycle.

Kanamori

You could be living in the wrong headspace though... and if you've never considered that you might be a British motorcycle... I'm not even gonna go there. And like all other things, British or bust... just incase you've thought you might be an Italian motorcycle.

Mine is usually 55-60. Blood pressure I've never understood though and have no idea what mine is.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Italian motorcycles have all the fun. *sigh*

The bp technicalities I don't "get", but I do know enough to say "Hey, that's okay...." or "PARDON?!" I've had more people telling me "It's the silent killer" than I ever had in my entire life. (Yes, something weird like that WOULD happen to me for no apparent reason, so I remark upon it... like why do I get chased by butterflies? Are they really THAT starved to lick off my minerals?!)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I (used to be, but I still train a lot - on-season around 20 hours a week) an elite resistance athelete, cycling. My resting now is around 47; on-season it goes as low as 39-40.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I'm at 66 bpm. Which is weird because I'm in good shape, physically. Maybe I should try again in the morning. :huh:

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
anywhere between 90 and 135... despite the fact that I've done marathon training, am on my college's tennis team, played 5 sports through high school, am a predominately raw vegan, and exercise often now despite three herniated discs. i've had tests done, because (besides that) when i exercise my heart rate will randomly shoot up to 210+ (no correlation to exercise intensity or duration), i turn purple, my core aches, and I feel disoriented (have passed out/collapsed twice)... the doctors i've seen don't know what to make of it. When I was 15 my heart rate was normal and would return to its resting rate five minutes after exercise... I think it was closer to 60-70 around then.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always had a really high metabolism (well, I anticipate it'll slow down in another decade or two, but til then...), so my resting heart rate has always been on the high end. I think it's typically in the 70's, although I just took it and it's at 78. I know I could stand to exercise more at this point in my life, but I'm definitely not out of shape.

I remember when I was in high school and college and would do cardio, my heartrate would regularly get over 200.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I remember when I was in high school and college and would do cardio, my heartrate would regularly get over 200.

Your minimum percentage of your maximum heart rate is more useful for comparing between people. Since the majority of the forum don't know their max hr it's difficult to compare.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't find my pulse anywhere...

B

beyondaurora

Mine is 91. Should I be concerned?!

P.S. I hope I didn't mess your poll up...I chose the 85+ 'I'm an INTP' option.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Mine's 61 at the moment - anything between 60 and 70 is normal for me, I think.