• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How To Make Yourself Healthy During This Time

Grusdytre

MBTI Type
none
Enneagram
non
How do you make yourself healthy especially in this current situation? Gyms might be closed again now that there's a spike of covid cases in California.

Is your area also experiencing a huge increase in covid cases?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Of course my area is seeing a huge increase in COVID cases.

We got most of our gym equipment in 2019 used ( gym machine through an auction and treadmill on Craigslist) and my husband bought an Echelon bike in January. He does live classes 4 days a week. I also ride the bike but I don't do live classes.

jennaauthor

I bought these cheap resistance bands and it really did a great job with my workout, not to mention, my hubby has been using this a lot as well during his routines. You might want to consider buying these too on your local market. :)

Lark

Body weight and dumbells, I'm going to try some fasting and dieting next week onwards, its hard to do at Christmas but I cant get much exercise otherwise. When I go out of the house for a walk there are just too many people milling about in groups of three or more, its all very much contrary to the public health advice and I dont understand it.

There have also been outbreaks and deaths locally too, including at one local church gathering, which I do not understand at all how that happened other than those congregating honestly, for some reason, believe that none of the advice actually applied to them or that the risks and disease where not real. Crazy and all as that last point is, or ought to be at this point, it IS widespread here. Often it correlates, in my experience at least, with a lot of other views and opinions which are not based on much, or any, of an evidence base but instead count on strong opinions, prejudice and head strong ignorance.

I am working everyday, sometimes from home, which is not my preference, any more, if it ever really was, and sometimes in the office. So I have had not break or idle time like some have to dedicate to private pursuits, exercise training etc. I also work in a field in which we are seeing increased demand for service, in part because of the pandemic and lockdowns.

I find it interesting the extent to which these measures and developments have had knock on effects, the supply of illicit drugs and substances is not what it once was, although not as heavily policed or countered by law enforcement in NI as it is ROI where they have had far, far greater successes and are now even being given additional powers to pursue white collar and financial crime (its all largely the same gangs involved). Its good to hear about these poisons being taken out of the community but the people who are the main users turn their hands to other sorts of crime, usually, and that and the shortage of drugs amongst those who use them the most, ironically, translate into demand for public services too.

Grusdytre

MBTI Type
none
Enneagram
non
Body weight and dumbells, I'm going to try some fasting and dieting next week onwards, its hard to do at Christmas but I cant get much exercise otherwise. When I go out of the house for a walk there are just too many people milling about in groups of three or more, its all very much contrary to the public health advice and I dont understand it.

There have also been outbreaks and deaths locally too, including at one local church gathering, which I do not understand at all how that happened other than those congregating honestly, for some reason, believe that none of the advice actually applied to them or that the risks and disease where not real. Crazy and all as that last point is, or ought to be at this point, it IS widespread here. Often it correlates, in my experience at least, with a lot of other views and opinions which are not based on much, or any, of an evidence base but instead count on strong opinions, prejudice and head strong ignorance.

I am working everyday, sometimes from home, which is not my preference, any more, if it ever really was, and sometimes in the office. So I have had not break or idle time like some have to dedicate to private pursuits, exercise training etc. I also work in a field in which we are seeing increased demand for service, in part because of the pandemic and lockdowns.

I find it interesting the extent to which these measures and developments have had knock on effects, the supply of illicit drugs and substances is not what it once was, although not as heavily policed or countered by law enforcement in NI as it is ROI where they have had far, far greater successes and are now even being given additional powers to pursue white collar and financial crime (its all largely the same gangs involved). Its good to hear about these poisons being taken out of the community but the people who are the main users turn their hands to other sorts of crime, usually, and that and the shortage of drugs amongst those who use them the most, ironically, translate into demand for public services too.

Also bought some dumbells and started running around the neighborhood every morning

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take a lot of dance classes. It makes it more fun than repetitive exercise. I have a goal of taking one every night but end up with four a week, sometimes five. I also go on a lot of walks.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I gave up drinking. Water. I now absorb all of the dihydrogen monoxide I require straight through my flesh via ambient osmosis.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've had very good luck with YouTube workout videos, particularly Fitness Blender, which has a huge variety of bodyweight options available. Also a big fan of the HASfit ab challenge videos. I also spent a lot of time running, this fall, but injured myself, so all my working out is in the comfort of my own home now.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
How do you make yourself healthy especially in this current situation? Gyms might be closed again now that there's a spike of covid cases in California.
Callisthenics are free. Would probably do them a lot if not my joint problems. I still try to step around my kitchen. Also tracking caloric intake and expenditure. Lost 4kg this year.

SirCanSir

MBTI Type
hmm
Enneagram
hmm
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im focusing on self improvement currently, trying to analyze my personal issues and get more in touch with my feelings which ive always been avoiding.
I also am trying to better my english more actively and planning to go back to complete some "business idea" i came up with back in December to hopefully manage to make some side income.

Rainbow Iris

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I bought an exercise bike, but to be honest, I don't use it as often as I planned to. It isn't as fun as a real bicycle. I've mostly been checking the Covid numbers for my area each night, and if they're under a certain number, I go out for walks the next day while wearing a respirator mask with a cloth mask over the valve.

I've also gotten home deliveries of fresh organic produce to make sure I don't run out of food, because it is easy for me to get bored, start crafting, and forget about food until I notice I haven't bought any lately.

Mental health is a bit harder. I've been dealing with some things that keep me anxious, but I make art about it and that helps a bit.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm not as consistent yet as i'd like to be but i think it's weather related. still a bit too cool and a bit too rainy for daily walks. i do like to do some yoga and other indoor workouts tho. i just save them to pinterest and then open one up and do it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use up all my personal discipline with practice, so I don't exercise or eat like a disciplined, detailed person. I have to simplify and fell swoop stuff. I buy vitamins, watch comedies, and take dance classes online, and go on nature walks. Everything I do to be healthy is fun. I even get gummy vitamins that taste good.