Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    Yay for humane meat alternatives!
    Are You Ready To Eat Lab Meat?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Powehi, Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I would be glad to hear it. I was raised vegetarian and value it, but I have some issues with my muscles hair and fingernails that implies I don't absorb protein that well, so have been eating white meats. I'd be happy with lab meats or other options for sure. I was so skinny when young that doctors thought I was anorexic. I do eat a lot of beans but they make me a little sick to my stomach.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Bocca Burgers also upset my stomach. But there are so many other brands that don't. I've found as I get older, I can't eat the amount of meat I once did. 4 oz usually at the most.

I like Morning Star Grillers. I also like their Buffalo chicken nuggets. But the frozen brand I like best is Gardein. I use the beef crumbles, Mandarin Crispy Chick'n, Sichuan beefless strips. We have Beyond Burgers often and Benevolent Bacon is the best bacon.

But I've been getting into making my own stuff and so far, that's the best for texture and taste. I was blown away when I made this.

I don't have any plans to become vegan but certainly flexitarian. We still eat chicken, and fish and occasionally beef and tons of veg.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Why shouldn't you count as vegan/vegetarian when you eat those? I really don't get that question.... Anyhow, seitan is among the best meat substances. It doesn't have a very specific flavour and you can easily make it taste like whatever you want. Tofu, tempeh or soya cubes are classics, altough soya is pretty high in hormones. That's why I advise against it, or at least try to limit its consumption.

When it comes to the new trendy fake meats, I think that Beyond Meat is pretty legit. I've made a several burgers with that and it tasted really great, it has a real beafy taste to it.
    "Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

No thanks, if it has a similar taste and texture to meat I'm not interested. But people's individual reasons for being veg*n matter. Personally, the taste/texture is a big part of what I'm avoiding by not eating meat, wouldn't make me a carnivore if I ate faux animal products though and I like that there are so many choices these days for those who do want to.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    285 so/sp

I haven't had a meat substitute for that I enjoyed. I love tofu though!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    468 so/sp

A nope for me, nothing is the same. Taste, texture, nor even fullness.
    一期一会

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Here the general opinion is eat real meat or don't eat meat at all. With what I actually agree, especially since the key is in "dosage".
    Plus we eat a fair amount if dairy products and we have pretty good fish dishes. So there is no real need for these kinds of experiments.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius has been vegetarian pretty much all his life. If he wasn't such a rubbish cook he would be a vegan, and is sometimes an accidental vegan. He only really eat fake meat when he has vegetarian Full English Breakfast, not because he has problem with fake meat but rather he just finds it easier to have Indian, Chinese, Italian food just without the meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    I haven't had a meat substitute for that I enjoyed. I love tofu though!
    Tofu is by far my healthiest substitute for meat whenever I make dishes that needed pork or beef. It can even be used as a substitute for fish.