• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hot ones!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have never paired wings and bloody marys ...

What are these Pepperconis? Am I spelling that right? I am intrigued, you must like them a lot to drink the liquid.

I didn't mean paired together, just in general. I usually only have a bloody with brunch.

Pepperoncinis are pickled peppers, somewhat similar to banana peppers, but thinner fleshed and a bit spicier. I drink pickle juice too.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The thing about wings is that there are so many better kinds than Buffalo, especially if you want spicy. This recipe below is amazing and my favorite wings although I have never seen these in restaurants. Not even Chinese that specialize in Sichuan. Weird because I would totally get a few pounds to go, in addition to roasted duck meat and char siu - those are always sold by the pound.

Hot and Numbing Xi'an-Style Oven-Fried Chicken Wings Recipe | Serious Eats

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
The thing about wings is that there are so many better kinds than Buffalo, especially if you want spicy. This recipe below is amazing and my favorite wings although I have never seen these in restaurants. Not even Chinese that specialize in Sichuan. Weird because I would totally get a few pounds to go, in addition to roasted duck meat and char siu - those are always sold by the pound.

Hot and Numbing Xi'an-Style Oven-Fried Chicken Wings Recipe | Serious Eats

I have a bit of an obsession with buffalo sauce, but I agree that the beauty of wings is in the endless possibilities.

I had a wing making competition with a boyfriend once. I decided to come up with a mango curry marinade/sauce. It was sticky as fuck when it was done, but the flavor was phenomenal (and I can always find something wrong with every meal I cook). I've never seen a man get so orgasmically excited about food.

Needless to say, I won the competition.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm not sure that its an actual flavour you can buy so much as a recipe, I am going to follow that girl on facebook and see if I can get more information.

If you find out the recipe please link it here my mind processors have been opened to a scintilating possibilty of experimentation, perhaps enough to even consider having a small ice cream this month, providing it is honeycomb icecream...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have a bit of an obsession with buffalo sauce, but I agree that the beauty of wings is in the endless possibilities.

I had a wing making competition with a boyfriend once. I decided to come up with a mango curry marinade/sauce. It was sticky as fuck when it was done, but the flavor was phenomenal (and I can always find something wrong with every meal I cook). I've never seen a man get so orgasmically excited about food.

Needless to say, I won the competition.

If you have a sous vide, try these.

Sweet and Sour Chinese Vinegar Ribs made Easy with Sous Vide (糖醋排骨) - YouTube

My husband was eating them right out of the wok. Sticky but oh wow very delicious and tender. My feeling is that if we are eating less meat in my house, sous vide is the way to go. I don't know why I didn't buy one sooner.

The Cat

Staff member
I actually dont enjoy buffalo sauce it tastes...bad. It's like sour pennies or slightly turned broccoli. like the raw course blood of a rust demon. the kind of flavor one chokes down to prove a point rather than enjoy.:mellow:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I actually dont enjoy buffalo sauce it tastes...bad. It's like sour pennies or slightly turned broccoli. like the raw course blood of a rust demon. the kind of flavor one chokes down to prove a point rather than enjoy.:mellow:

I love vinegar and sour stuff in general.

The Cat

Staff member
I love vinegar and sour stuff in general.

I like vinnegar and sour stuff in general too, but not buffalo sauce. I can't explain it either. Oh wait. I kinda did. yes, course, strangely textured. like flavors at war with each other and not upholding the geneva conventions

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't mean paired together, just in general. I usually only have a bloody with brunch.

Pepperoncinis are pickled peppers, somewhat similar to banana peppers, but thinner fleshed and a bit spicier. I drink pickle juice too.

I also drink the liquids, including the leftover juice in Greek olives. I also like to take straight hot sauce shots straight from the bottle. We have some pickles from an Amish family, can't wait to drink the liquid out of those...

I kinda agree with Cat on buffalo sauce. I still eat it, but it's definitely the inferior hot sauce. It's too pickly, and doesn't have the dry heat that I like in a hot sauce.

The Cat

Staff member
It's very loud and red. But a discordant orange red like a crayon screaming at me that it would make a good color for a sunset, but yet when I blend it with a violet crayon it turns everything brown. It's disloyal.

Rainbow Iris

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wasabi, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Bird’s eye peppers, scotch bonnets, and habaneros all have a certain flavour I enjoy, too.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
00070740612115-PC0cIC8UK9pKAovm-en-US-0_s500.jpg