• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tips to get a good night's sleep

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For almost my entire life I've not really had issues sleeping; not any prolonged issues with insomnia, or ability to fall or stay asleep, etc. But this year has changed that. I attribute it to the world at large/ the state of my own country / it all rubbing off on me negatively. As such I've had increased issues falling asleep as the year progresses and the bigger issue is waking up like every two hours. Also apparently the silence I've always had my whole life and been ok with is no longer ok for me. So as of a few nights ago I've started leaving the classical music station on all night long and I like that a lot more. I still wake up multiple times a night but I'm not greeted with silence and my imagination/thoughts as much. So it's a big improvement.

Edit: The jury is still out on whether Valerian root or melatonin actually does a thing for me. I do think they help me ease into sleep, but so far neither has kept me asleep more than four hours or so. Maybe too I'm pre-menopausal. That's possible, ofc. I think sleep can alter when that starts happening.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah.. old age means sleeping problems. :(

Magnesium helps me, though that sometimes means I wake up to pee. :(

I haven’t tried the melatonin. This time will pass.

Pikaqiu

MBTI Type
ENFP
a warm milk does help me get into the mood to sleep too, mainly the warmth feeling and the full feeling from drinking milk does make it cosy.

Bartleby the broken bot.

Oopsie Whoopsie Im a failure as an ad zombie
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my biggest issue in life. for realz. need an off button on my brain. i'm not even stressed or worried about anything. i can't sleep due to being inspired and excited and planning things...its so dumb. haaalp

Hawk

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hope everyone realizes the common denominator in every single post:

We are talking about the ability to relax, which means relaxing mind and body both.

No artificial means are needed.

For the physical, the reason excercise works is it exhausts the body and forces it to relax....to a point. Muscle tension remains. I'm not a yoga fan but I am a fan of relaxing the body. A yoga posture, a standing taichi posture, can cause the body to release that tension and "sink" bodyweight into lower areas which relaxes the upper ones.

In taich for example "sinking" is when all your bodyweight goes in a straight line into the heel of the foot and the rest of the body is relaxed. This releases tension. The focus on maintaining that posture is mentally draining. Therefore relaxation. Using a "Standing Stake" or similar standing posture for a few minutes works wonders. You can build up to a good 20 minutes for an internal workout.

Yiquan has other, less strenuous postures too.

But of course the key: you can't let your mind slip back in to old stress thinking habits. Those muscles will tense up again even if it's just your breathing. That will make everything in you wake up.

Lanoyolar

MBTI Type
none
I try to drink warm water or tea before going to sleep when I have a bad sleep. It helps me stay warm and fall asleep better. The disadvantage is that you would probably have to pee in the middle of the night. You might also try taking CBD oil if you have nothing against that. It helps to relax and therefore helps to fall asleep faster. There is also Snake Oil for Sale online that can also be used for such purposes. But all those methods can differ from person to person, and you need to find the one that’s better for you. It might be something like choosing a certain pose for sleeping or else.