• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eating speed?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can eat slow if I'm in the mood, and I can also eat REALLY REALLY FAST. I can't eat much though, compared to my peers. I get hungry a lot more than they do, but when I get to the food I wolf it down and I can never finish anything. x_x

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I just wolf food down, which isn't always a good thing because I just guesstimate how much food I need and then go at it. Thus, my weight fluctuates to starting to not need a belt, to OMG eat a sandwich syndrome. I went from 140 to 160 to 138 lbs in the span of four months. It's all in my medical record at the clinic :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love food, but am a pretty slow eater. I don't drink a lot between meals, but I need plenty to drink with meals because I have a hard time choking the food down if I get thirsty.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Oh mang, when I read the thread title I thought folks were discussing taking methemphetamines and other drugs like Fen/Phen to lose weight!!!

LOLOL.

I cook slow and eat fast. I wish I ate slower so I could enjoy my food, but I think I enjoy it too much to slow down. And I feel like I could be doing so much other stuff instead of eating -- like wasting time. I talk a lot as well while eating, so if I'm with friends, it takes forever for me to eat so I accept the fact I may leave hungry!

When I'm serious about eating, I shut up and focus entirely on the meal. I barely follow conversations around me. My aunt said when I eat at family functions it's the only time I get very quiet and ladylike. LOL.

Seraph

MBTI Type
INTJ
Get food. Eat. Clean-up. Leave.

I don't see eating as social-time. It is fuel-up time. No sooner do I get my plate before I clean it. All of it. Leaving excess food on my plate would indicate poor prior planning (punishable by death?...for me at least). I could sum up my eating habits in one word: efficient.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I wolf food down. I also enjoy eating. So I end up eating a lot. Good thing I generally hit the right balance between amount of food consumed and amount of exercise done. Every now and then when I'm eating something particularly good I try to slow down and savour it but as soon as I stop concentrating on that (i.e. within a minute) I eat quickly again.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm a moderate to fast eater. I hate it when people try to talk to me while I'm eating. There's plenty of time before and after the actual chewing "zone". When I'm eating, I'm eating... don't be all asking me about stuff.

:laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm ridiculusly slow when it comes to eating, always the last to finish, and i usually have left overs. because i feel bad for making people wait, that and I can never eat a whole plate of food.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm slow, but it's more because of how much I eat compared to everyone else. I can finish pretty close to other people if I don't have to talk, but each break I take to answer questions slows me down. I guess this is why I enjoy eating alone more - I don't have to care about anyone else's eating habits and what they think of mine.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I eat fast. Impatient. I can grab the general idea of the taste as it goes down.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I eat fast. Impatient. I can grab the general idea of the taste as it goes down.
And if it's something you've had before, why bother with tasting it again when you already have that memory?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm slow too...and sometimes i just get bored of it....unless it's really yummy.

katzchen

MBTI Type
IntP
How fast or slow is the correct eating speed? I take ages to eat/drink anything and am usually the last one left at the table picking at my food. People get up and leave because they can't wait for me to finish. Admittedly, I talk a lot during the meal but even if I'm alone I just stare off into space. Eating is a chore and I hate having to get through it. ... To me, it's less about chewing 32 times and more about preparing myself for the next bite, easing the food down and not gulping it down. I hate eating, and anyone forcing me to eat quickly is just going to get puked on soon!

:laugh: I'm the exact same way. My boyfriend still makes fun of me because the first time I had dinner with his family I took half the portions of everyone else so I would finish at the same time.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
your supposed to eat slowly. this is so you do not overeat. if you eat quickly your body wont feel full until you have devoured everything in sight. if you eat slowly, you feel full at the right pace and thus eat less.

then again i eat in one speed: fast.
but i portion size before i eat so im good lol

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I seem to eat much more quickly and efficiently than most people I know. I think it's because they tend to talk and eat at the same time, while I try to get my food down first, and then join in the conversation or go back to work.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I almost invariably finish eating in less than ten minutes.
I've never spent more than an hour at the table, and whenever it's come close it's only because I was at a restaraunt and the fuckers took forever and the bill took forvever and everythig just took forever.

I don't even like eating so I do it fast and get back to... whatever.