User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Question Beard Question for Ladies...

Ladies, if you could grow a beard would you? And (everyone chime in here) do you think societies views of “excessive” body hair for women would be any different if women could sport full facial hair? Would your views change?
    “All men by nature desire to know” ~ Aristotle

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sp/sx

Women could already sport full hair in other parts of her body and society already loses their minds over it (too much leg hair? NO!). I don't think it'd be any different. Women can also physically grow muscles, but when a woman does do so she's seen as weird. Lots of hair (on the face, chest) is already shoved into the 'masculine' attribution like muscles are, so people would probably still think it's 'weird', even if an unshaved woman is the natural one.

I may be weird in that I don't think it'd be weird, the same way it's not weird for me to see long-haired men.
    ⸻ 空蝉うつせみ 描えがく 夢ゆめ

Taking Brief blessblessblessblessbless Break RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I don't think I would specifically go out of my way to grow a beard, but if it were something that I grew naturally, I'd probably be more inclined to maintain it than remove it. I barely have any energy to shave my legs (and often don't and have been harassed for that), so if I constantly grew a beard, unless I was being consistently harassed about it I'd probably just leave it.

My argument would be identical to Earls honestly. Women naturally grow leg hair and are "condemned" if we decide to keep it, same with armpit hair and such. Women acquiring "light mustaches" or "sideburns," despite this not being super duper uncommon is not seen as an attractive trait even though it's relatively natural. I personally don't notice it nor think body hair is a problem (except with armpit hair; Sometimes I think if everyone, including guys shaved their armpit hair, the human race would smell less bad lel).
    Lawful Neutral | LII-Ti | RLoxI | VLEF | FF Ti-Si SCPB |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ladies, if you could grow a beard would you? No

And (everyone chime in here) do you think societies views of “excessive” body hair for women would be any different if women could sport full facial hair? No, there would be just as much asinine societal views on body hair on women as there are now. They would also find something to replace the facial hair if it did come to be accepted.

Would your views change? No. I hate body hair maintenance so views would have no bearing on my reason for hating it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    YMCA
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

I don't really like beards, so I'm inclined to say no, I wouldn't. However, I doubt I would enjoy shaving as I hate the actual process of shaving my armpits, so I'm not sure exactly what I'd do. Maybe I'd think I look good with (short, trimmed) facial hair. If it were easily self waxed off, that's the likeliest.

Nope. Not fond of beards on men unless it helps to balance their face, never mind on me. No matter how clean you are, the bushy ones will smell like whatever you've eaten after every meal. They can be itchy and need to be trimmed on a regular basis. They can scratch people with sensitive skin, like babies and children. While I'm far from being a baby or child, I do have sensitive skin so I can vouch for this aspect from a first hand basis.

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

My answer is 'no', but I have a funny little psychological problem in which my body hair upsets me more than it should on myself. I think I know why I feel that way, so it would be very stressful to me to have hair on my face.

I was married to someone with a lot of facial hair once, and I accepted that. I guess I prefer shaven or shorter beards on a partner if that's what they want, but my funny issue is only with myself. I sort of can't tell people how to do their own body or what to wear, and so am slower to forming my own reactions to it.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

Blessed With A Curse Schrödinger's Name's Avatar

I don't think it would make any difference, when it comes to how society perceives body hair on a female body. If we started to grow beards right now due to whatever reason, I could rather see the beauty industry smacking money out of it. Advertisements for ladies to remove their goddamn beards.
    Maybe it could have been different if we all would have beards from 'the start' too, who knows.

I don't think I'd like to have a beard. But of course... That's also because I am not used to having one.
    Until You Decide What Happens, Everything Is Happening At Once

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    I don't think it would make any difference, when it comes to how society perceives body hair on a female body. If we started to grow beards right now due to whatever reason, I could rather see the beauty industry smacking money out of it. Advertisements for ladies to remove their goddamn beards.
    Maybe it could have been different if we all would have beards from 'the start' too, who knows.

I don't think I'd like to have a beard. But of course... That's also because I am not used to having one.
    Company 1 sells safe and quick hair removal kits and say a beautiful woman is a 'clean & hygienic' one
    Company 2 sells conditioner and fruit and flower scents for your beard with magazines of ladies with full beards and 'CONFIDENCE' in bold letters
    Both are owned by the same person.
    ⸻ 空蝉うつせみ 描えがく 夢ゆめ
    Likes Luminous liked this post

Blessed With A Curse Schrödinger's Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Company 1 sells safe and quick hair removal kits and say a beautiful woman is a 'clean & hygienic' one
    Company 2 sells conditioner and fruit and flower scents for your beard with magazines of ladies with full beards and 'CONFIDENCE' in bold letters
    Both are owned by the same person.
    Company 3 sells medicines that reduce beard grow. Though they don't tell you about the side effect- that it will make your breasts shrink. On the next page of their magazine you will see them advertising for breast augmentation.

Company 4 offers a more permanent solution and informs you about laser hair removal. However, you will need (at least) 13 sessions in order for it to be 'effective'- each sessions costing about 300 euros. Turns out the sessions weren't effective after all. Now you still need to go to company 1 for the hair removal kits and to company 4.2 for some 'skin healing cream' to take care of your damaged skin caused by laser hair removal.

Company 5 offers therapy, for the ones who now have to deal with a beard and a ruined skin. But of course, also for the ones who want to learn how to accept & love their 'woman beards'... All owned by the same person, indeed.
    Until You Decide What Happens, Everything Is Happening At Once