• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beard Question for Ladies...

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ladies, if you could grow a beard would you? And (everyone chime in here) do you think societies views of “excessive” body hair for women would be any different if women could sport full facial hair? Would your views change? :thinking:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Women could already sport full hair in other parts of her body and society already loses their minds over it (too much leg hair? NO!). I don't think it'd be any different. Women can also physically grow muscles, but when a woman does do so she's seen as weird. Lots of hair (on the face, chest) is already shoved into the 'masculine' attribution like muscles are, so people would probably still think it's 'weird', even if an unshaved woman is the natural one.

I may be weird in that I don't think it'd be weird, the same way it's not weird for me to see long-haired men.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I would specifically go out of my way to grow a beard, but if it were something that I grew naturally, I'd probably be more inclined to maintain it than remove it. I barely have any energy to shave my legs (and often don't and have been harassed for that), so if I constantly grew a beard, unless I was being consistently harassed about it I'd probably just leave it.

My argument would be identical to Earls honestly. Women naturally grow leg hair and are "condemned" if we decide to keep it, same with armpit hair and such. Women acquiring "light mustaches" or "sideburns," despite this not being super duper uncommon is not seen as an attractive trait even though it's relatively natural. I personally don't notice it nor think body hair is a problem (except with armpit hair; Sometimes I think if everyone, including guys shaved their armpit hair, the human race would smell less bad lel).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Ladies, if you could grow a beard would you? No

And (everyone chime in here) do you think societies views of “excessive” body hair for women would be any different if women could sport full facial hair? No, there would be just as much asinine societal views on body hair on women as there are now. They would also find something to replace the facial hair if it did come to be accepted.

Would your views change? No. I hate body hair maintenance so views would have no bearing on my reason for hating it.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really like beards, so I'm inclined to say no, I wouldn't. However, I doubt I would enjoy shaving as I hate the actual process of shaving my armpits, so I'm not sure exactly what I'd do. Maybe I'd think I look good with (short, trimmed) facial hair. :shrug: If it were easily self waxed off, that's the likeliest.

rav3n

Nope. Not fond of beards on men unless it helps to balance their face, never mind on me. No matter how clean you are, the bushy ones will smell like whatever you've eaten after every meal. They can be itchy and need to be trimmed on a regular basis. They can scratch people with sensitive skin, like babies and children. While I'm far from being a baby or child, I do have sensitive skin so I can vouch for this aspect from a first hand basis.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My answer is 'no', but I have a funny little psychological problem in which my body hair upsets me more than it should on myself. I think I know why I feel that way, so it would be very stressful to me to have hair on my face.

I was married to someone with a lot of facial hair once, and I accepted that. I guess I prefer shaven or shorter beards on a partner if that's what they want, but my funny issue is only with myself. I sort of can't tell people how to do their own body or what to wear, and so am slower to forming my own reactions to it.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I don't think it would make any difference, when it comes to how society perceives body hair on a female body. If we started to grow beards right now due to whatever reason, I could rather see the beauty industry smacking money out of it. Advertisements for ladies to remove their goddamn beards.
Maybe it could have been different if we all would have beards from 'the start' too, who knows.

I don't think I'd like to have a beard. But of course... That's also because I am not used to having one.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think it would make any difference, when it comes to how society perceives body hair on a female body. If we started to grow beards right now due to whatever reason, I could rather see the beauty industry smacking money out of it. Advertisements for ladies to remove their goddamn beards.
Maybe it could have been different if we all would have beards from 'the start' too, who knows.

I don't think I'd like to have a beard. But of course... That's also because I am not used to having one.

Company 1 sells safe and quick hair removal kits and say a beautiful woman is a 'clean & hygienic' one
Company 2 sells conditioner and fruit and flower scents for your beard with magazines of ladies with full beards and 'CONFIDENCE' in bold letters
Both are owned by the same person.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Company 1 sells safe and quick hair removal kits and say a beautiful woman is a 'clean & hygienic' one
Company 2 sells conditioner and fruit and flower scents for your beard with magazines of ladies with full beards and 'CONFIDENCE' in bold letters
Both are owned by the same person.

Company 3 sells medicines that reduce beard grow. Though they don't tell you about the side effect- that it will make your breasts shrink. On the next page of their magazine you will see them advertising for breast augmentation.

Company 4 offers a more permanent solution and informs you about laser hair removal. However, you will need (at least) 13 sessions in order for it to be 'effective'- each sessions costing about 300 euros. Turns out the sessions weren't effective after all. Now you still need to go to company 1 for the hair removal kits and to company 4.2 for some 'skin healing cream' to take care of your damaged skin caused by laser hair removal.

Company 5 offers therapy, for the ones who now have to deal with a beard and a ruined skin. But of course, also for the ones who want to learn how to accept & love their 'woman beards'... All owned by the same person, indeed.

SirCanSir

MBTI Type
hmm
Enneagram
hmm
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ladies, do you think that women should stop being that affected from their social environment and learn to act more independently. I get that in the past they needed to blend it and please so they would stay protected by the men of the tribe.
What about now though?
I see women who are afraid to stand up for their opinions more often than not even today... they usually just stay agreeable to avoid drama and stay secure even if that means they undermine their own preferences and opinion. Ladies whats the use of a character that just says yes to everything though to stay cute and fluffy? Is it something that women want to present themselves as on their own or is it a social construct that passed down from ancient times (women have to stay agreeable).
Whats your take on that kind of behavior ladies? Do you think it should go on like this even in current times that their security isnt that threatened (in 1st world countries at least) over the physically dominant self proclaimed A.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I personally hate shaving and would totally sport a flavour saver. I already do not shave my legs, like the disgusting heathen I am. I can't stand armpit hair though. It can make you smelly. I do sometimes shave my legs (and arms) for events where I need to be feminine. Only issue is my hair is so fine, that I have to dry shave my legs. Most people don't even notice I don't shave my legs for the same reason.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always envied people who have the capability of growing a beard, so if I were able to do so, I certainly would. Honestly, I've even considered taking testosterone for multiple reasons and facial hair is not a detractor at all for me.

I am not into shaving, although I shave my armpits on rare occasions when I am overly bothered by the smell. I wish everyone would shave their armpits. I'd be more motivated to do so if more guys did it.

I'm not the best person with two X chromosomes to ask, though, since I would not mind sporting as many masculine characteristics as possible. I am even trying to bulk, although it is difficult. I'm not going to comment on society's views on body hair because I have no interest in doing so. I don't think my views would change because I couldn't give less of a fuck about it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I could grow a beard, I’d assume I had a hormonal imbalance that should be addressed by a medical professional.

In an alt reality where hirsutism weren’t a medical issue, I’d get it lasered off. I have very coarse hair & remove everything from the neck down for my own physical comfort. I don’t really care about what society thinks a woman should look like (I don’t even particularly care about a partner’s notion of what I should look like, either). Health is what matters to me. And comfort. Other ‘shoulds’ are not really on my radar, so, my views wouldn’t change if women happened to be able to grow more hair in a new spot.

I don’t think society’s views on women would change much, if at all.

I don’t mind body hair on other people, providing they maintain good hygiene (my best friend is a super hairy hippie chick). Hair holds odors, so it’s something to be mindful of. Food gets caught in unkempt, pubey beards. It’s nasty. I have found I break out around my mouth more when I’m with a bearded person, if they don’t wash the damn thing enough, particularly in the summer. It’s like they’ve mashed their hair oils into my skin if we’re kissing. :ack!:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if females could grow beards i'd have an epic yet unruly beard because i'd probably not bother to shave

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don’t mind body hair on other people, providing they maintain good hygiene (my best friend is a super hairy hippie chick). Hair holds odors, so it’s something to be mindful of. Food gets caught in unkempt, pubey beards. It’s nasty. I have found I break out around my mouth more when I’m with a bearded person, if they don’t wash the damn thing enough, particularly in the summer. It’s like they’ve mashed their hair oils into my skin if we’re kissing. :ack!:

I've actually decided to start growing a beard again. I'm trying very hard to make sure it doesn't get pubey (which has to be my new favorite word).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like a certain sort of beard on women. Au naturale

I mean shaved is nice too. Whatever you prefer, just be careful about razor burns

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've actually decided to start growing a beard again. I'm trying very hard to make sure it doesn't get pubey (which has to be my new favorite word).

I don’t know much about beard care, but I recommend not letting it curl into your mouth. The grossest beards always have like, stiff, spitty hair along the upper lip.