User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Have you done oil pulling?

What are your thoughts on it? Favourite oils? How do you build up tolerance for it without feeling gaggy?

I have decided to give it a go again, as it's supposed to help deal with inflammation, receding gums, toxins, hormone imbalance, and metabolism/liver function. I hate it though.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    461 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Had no idea what it was, goolged it, read a few articles on it. I would be rather skeptical that it did anything. This reminds me of those kinoki footpads etc. It operates under the assumption toxis are just flaoting around everywhere in your body. This isn't true, and you cannot siphon them out through your gums. The benefits of oil pulling would be entirely localized to the mouth, but not via toxin removal. Just anti-bacterial benefits, kinda like using lotion on your skin to help with a sunburn.

20 min is a long fucking time. I'd rather just use mouthwash twice.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Haha, I hear ya. I've talked to some people who have done it though and I do see a visible difference with their teeth. I've had inflamed gums for a number of years now, despite flossing and brushing due to effects from histamine intolerance.

I think the toxin stuff is a bit hooey, but bacteria in the mouth has been proven to impact heart disease. The problem with traditional mouthwash is that it kills ALL bacteria, even the good stuff (same reason that the Red Cross no longer recommends peroxide as a means of cleaning out wounds). I hate natural mouthwashes and don't think they are especially effective. I also do think that inflammation is a proven cause for many different types of disease in the body, so any way that I can reduce that is fairly important, as I've lost a decade to weird health stuff already and inflammation has also made it difficult to lose weight.

I've been looking into a lot of other factors, from emotional processing and habits to sugar intake, etc etc, so am just trying to do what I can to tip the balances in my favour. One friend who easily goes into anaphylactic shock from soy has said brushing, flossing and drinking copious amounts of water help a lot when she's having trouble, so I think there is some kind of mouth connection to how the rest of the body is impacted.

I'm having growing sensitivities to everything foodwise and I've seen how out of hand that gets if its ignored - one of our friend's had to live two years like a bubble boy as her immune system was shot. She couldn't even handle paper unless it was under glass, and her husband had to change from his street clothes to come into their apartment. Walking and vitamin C injections were big factors in her recovery.
    Last edited by Fidelia; 03-19-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    Likes Maou liked this post

MBTI
    ISTx
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I used to pull with coconut oil. For me it came naturally and I never felt the need to gag it out after 20 minutes of pulling, so I'm not sure how you could build tolerance.

I didn't notice any differences when I used to do it, which along with laziness is why I stopped. My teeth were whiter back when I did it, though, not sure if pulling contributed or if I've just gotten worse at brushing.
    6w7 4w3 IDK ~ very very social blind ~ chaotic neutral ~ slytherin ~ melancholic

my type me thread