• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What am I sick with?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I was in a public bathroom at the university, and someone next door to me coughed, and when I went back to class I started feeling headaches and stomaches, later my eyes stung and got watery for no reason, in the uber, and I started getting fatigue, feeling of.....being off balance? and light? don't know how to describe it.....abdominal pain and stomach pain and headaches and coughing, and like I just wanted to lay in bed, and lately before today or at least before the cough by the other student I've at least once or twice had vomit come into my throat, had diarrhea had least once, had dry stool.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bluntness aside, prpl has a point. If you’re really concerned, go see your primary care physician ASAP. No one here is qualified to dx you & even if they were, it’d be unethical to do so without examining you in person.
Hydrate & go see your doctor.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Bluntness aside, prpl has a point. If you’re really concerned, go see your primary care physician ASAP. No one here is qualified to dx you & even if they were, it’d be unethical to do so without examining you in person.
Hydrate & go see your doctor.
I can't drive at the moment, and I use uber selectively to save money. Also, an urgent clinic would cost too much as well, and I don't have any of my own money cause my job which I applied for I didn't get interviewed for yet. The pharmacist I called already seemed to confirm it was a mini flu from the flu vaccine.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't drive at the moment, and I use uber selectively to save money. Also, an urgent clinic would cost too much as well, and I don't have any of my own money cause my job which I applied for I didn't get interviewed for yet. The pharmacist I called already seemed to confirm it was a mini flu from the flu vaccine.

You can try the subreddit, AskDocs, too. Medical Questions

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Sounds like food poisoning. Did you happen to use one of those loud bathroom hand drying machines? They suck in fecal coliforms circulating in the air and plaster your hands with dangerous germs. If your hands come in contact with food, you can get sick. I watched several full seasons of ER so I'm probably qualified to give medical advice over the internet. :D

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
This is why you go to a clinic kid. OTherwise it could be anything, and everyone will tell you its something else.

Lark

Sounds like food poisoning. Did you happen to use one of those loud bathroom hand drying machines? They suck in fecal coliforms circulating in the air and plaster your hands with dangerous germs. If your hands come in contact with food, you can get sick. I watched several full seasons of ER so I'm probably qualified to give medical advice over the internet. :D

I thought it sounded like trolling, word has probably gone out to spread rumours of disease and outbreaks, its always interesting to see these guys pop up on the forum and what they have to say, its almost like a barometer of what way Reddit et al with be monkey wrenched in the coming days, weeks, months etc.

False flags and panic stations, the more things change the more they stay the same.

Sounds like a bad case of Hypochondria. Seriously, nothing is going to afflict you that quickly except for an acute case of anxiety. The mind is an amazing thing and the power of suggestion, especially suggestions implanted by our own thoughts, can be formidable.

Lark

Sounds like a bad case of Hypochondria. Seriously, nothing is going to afflict you that quickly except for an acute case of anxiety. The mind is an amazing thing and the power of suggestion, especially suggestions implanted by our own thoughts, can be formidable.

That's the whole idea I reckon.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the apocolypse, and if you don't get treated you could turn into a nuke and blow up the world

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
will you all stop?

I'm sorry you are feeling unwell and concerned. It does appear that you tend to experience significant levels of anxiety and uncertainty. I understand being stuck in that moment and feeling like you need to seek out an answer. I know that things are tough for you right now and that your resources are limited. I think the best approach would be to find some sort of free or cheap counseling/consulting online, but not here. Please avoid forums that are built around anxiety or hypochondria.

I hope you feel better soon.