• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't lose weight, no natter what I do.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Things I did this last year to improve my health:

Swam for 1 hour twice a week, went to gym twice a week as well. I went to gym Mondays and Wednesdays, swam Tuesdays and Sundays. FOR AN ENTIRE SUMMER, and didn't lose a single lb of weight.

Stopped drinking for nealy two months, plus calorie counting. For months, off and on. Still no change. My diet isn't even bad. I make a lot of my own food. I am quite knowledgeable on nutritional diets. My fitbit says on average I burn 3k-4k calories a day (I work blue collar). I hardly went over 1500-2000 calories in food consumption (which is technically starving myself, since I am 275-280lbs).

Tried Keto, but too expensive to do for extended periods.

I got my thyroid tested, it is normal. I am at a fucking loss. What am I doing wrong? I know I drink, but it isnt overwhelmingly caloric. There is no reasonfor this stasis. Calories out > calories in, I do this daily. Its bullshit. I feel like I have to be anorexic to lose weight.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have any good advice, but offer moral support. :hug: And feel similarly... it's difficult to lose weight.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Things I did this last year to improve my health:

Swam for 1 hour twice a week, went to gym twice a week as well. I went to gym Mondays and Wednesdays, swam Tuesdays and Sundays. FOR AN ENTIRE SUMMER, and didn't lose a single lb of weight.

Stopped drinking for nealy two months, plus calorie counting. For months, off and on. Still no change. My diet isn't even bad. I make a lot of my own food. I am quite knowledgeable on nutritional diets. My fitbit says on average I burn 3k-4k calories a day (I work blue collar). I hardly went over 1500-2000 calories in food consumption (which is technically starving myself, since I am 275-280lbs).

Tried Keto, but too expensive to do for extended periods.

I got my thyroid tested, it is normal. I am at a fucking loss. What am I doing wrong? I know I drink, but it isnt overwhelmingly caloric. There is no reasonfor this stasis. Calories out > calories in, I do this daily. Its bullshit. I feel like I have to be anorexic to lose weight.

how long have you been working out?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Things I did this last year to improve my health: Swam for 1 hour twice a week, went to gym twice a week as well. I went to gym Mondays and Wednesdays, swam Tuesdays and Sundays. FOR AN ENTIRE SUMMER, and didn't lose a single lb of weight. Stopped drinking for nealy two months, plus calorie counting. For months, off and on. Still no change. My diet isn't even bad. I make a lot of my own food. I am quite knowledgeable on nutritional diets. My fitbit says on average I burn 3k-4k calories a day (I work blue collar). I hardly went over 1500-2000 calories in food consumption (which is technically starving myself, since I am 275-280lbs). Tried Keto, but too expensive to do for extended periods. I got my thyroid tested, it is normal. I am at a fucking loss. What am I doing wrong? I know I drink, but it isnt overwhelmingly caloric. There is no reasonfor this stasis. Calories out > calories in, I do this daily. Its bullshit. I feel like I have to be anorexic to lose weight.
Things I did this last year to improve my health: Swam for 1 hour twice a week, went to gym twice a week as well. I went to gym Mondays and Wednesdays, swam Tuesdays and Sundays. FOR AN ENTIRE SUMMER, and didn't lose a single lb of weight. Stopped drinking for nealy two months, plus calorie counting. For months, off and on. Still no change. My diet isn't even bad. I make a lot of my own food. I am quite knowledgeable on nutritional diets. My fitbit says on average I burn 3k-4k calories a day (I work blue collar). I hardly went over 1500-2000 calories in food consumption (which is technically starving myself, since I am 275-280lbs). Tried Keto, but too expensive to do for extended periods. I got my thyroid tested, it is normal. I am at a fucking loss. What am I doing wrong? I know I drink, but it isnt overwhelmingly caloric. There is no reasonfor this stasis. Calories out > calories in, I do this daily. Its bullshit. I feel like I have to be anorexic to lose weight.
Try the 17 day diet or Fit for Life. Secret is reducing carbs and life change in eating habits

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have any good advice, but offer moral support. :hug: And feel similarly... it's difficult to lose weight.

My workout app says I've burned about 73,600 calories, which is supposed to be like 21 pounds. I don't think I've lost any weight this year. Maybe I avoided putting on 21 pounds? lol... I guess you could look at it that way for you, too. At least you haven't gained fat? And you must be healthier, with doing cardio for your heart.

StrawberryBoots

Try 1,200 calories, no sugar, no alcohol, no snacking between meals, and also try 'honesty' about what you're really eating because the scale doesn't lie.

rav3n

CI/CO is a load of horse poop, particularly if people are on certain meds and/or are experiencing high levels of stress (chronic elevated levels of cortisol can prevent weight loss and cause weight gain). Imbalanced gut microbiomes can also prevent weight loss/cause weight gain. Fluid retention can also impact and so can diabetes.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try 1,200 calories, no sugar, no alcohol, no snacking between meals, and also try 'honesty' about what you're really eating because the scale doesn't lie.
I will say if you follow the diet during the week and have a few drinks on the weekend it is pretty counterproductive.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Be very careful with only 1200 calories a day as that is on the borderline of unhealthy. When I did that, I lost weight- sure, but I also lost hair, stopped having my period, probably had bone loss (that a dentist noticed in an xray), etc.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=5076]nonsequitur[/MENTION] would be a good person to talk to, but unfortunately she's not around these days. :(

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Start running. Depending on what type of shape you are in, you might want to start slow

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try the 17 day diet or Fit for Life. Secret is reducing carbs and life change in eating habits

I did do this for seevral months, and my diet doesn't even contain much carbs apart from alcohol. It is why I gave Keto a go, because it wasy easy to transfer to. I do not eat much fast food, or sugary things. If I do, it is because I forgot to make my lunch. Which is not often.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CI/CO is a load of horse poop, particularly if people are on certain meds and/or are experiencing high levels of stress (chronic elevated levels of cortisol can prevent weight loss and cause weight gain). Imbalanced gut microbiomes can also prevent weight loss/cause weight gain. Fluid retention can also impact and so can diabetes.

This is my fear, that I have super high cortisol or am boarderline diabetic. As well as stress, but that is like my natural state. My family has those genes where you are either really skinny, or really fat. No in between. I seemed to have inherited the same condition every female who didn't do drugs has. :shock:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I generally do intermitten fasting. I don't have a job where I can graze. I eat two meals a day. Once at 12pm lunch (usually my biggest meal, and between shifts, and once at dinner at 6-7pm. I usually consume alcohol before dinner, and durring it. But I have experimented with just not drinking. I don't eat a lot of sugar, as it makes me feel sick (the grandulated kind). I do however, use splenda in my coffee, but just a teaspoon. I also consume copious amounts caffine.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
We'll. The alcohol could be causing you to retain weight. You could be building muscle which weighs more than fat or your cumulative results haven't kicked in yet:shrug: don't give up.

rav3n

This is my fear, that I have super high cortisol or am boarderline diabetic. As well as stress, but that is like my natural state. My family has those genes where you are either really skinny, or really fat. No in between. I seemed to have inherited the same condition every female who didn't do drugs has. :shock:
If you're concerned about diabetes, especially if there's a family history of it, then get a blood test. There's a less nasty one called an A1c (HbA1c) that doesn't require fasting, where the results reflect your blood glucose levels for the past three months. You don't even need a doctor's request and as blood tests go, it's pretty cheap.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you have a copy of your labwork?
Is this it?

T4, FREE
Your Value