• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

High Calorie Foods

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It could be useful to have a thread to look at the kinds of foods that have higher calories than a person might expect. I can gain weight more easily nowadays, so am careful about what I eat. This seemed like a useful reference thread.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One place I realized there are a lot of hidden calories are in drinks. I've tried to cut out any drinks with calories and just use the fizzy flavored waters with zero calories instead. Also, hot tea has almost no calories, except I put a little milk in it. Pop/soda/coke has soooo many calories that a person could easily double their daily caloric intake if they drink those throughout a day.

When I start actually reading calories on packages, breads and carbs really do have a lot. They have almost more than proteins if you were to compare calories to weight. I just ate a fish sandwich and found out that the bun has almost as many calories as the fish patty. That surprised me.

I also found that Ranch dressing has way more calories than oil and vinegar type dressing - like 200 calories in a tbsp.

rav3n

Eat whole grains over refined. Whole grains reduce caloric absorption and help to keep you regular.