User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    It seems like it was off-the-street tainted weed flavored or something liquid containing a form of vitamin E that's very toxic when overheated. Many users don't want to admit to it but enough did to make it the natural conclusion.
    The reason many of them don't want to admit is not necessarily because of the 'weed' bit but because their insurance would probably not cover the expense (which I'm assuming, given the insane prices of healthcare in the US can mount to hundreds of thousands of dollars)
    Yup, that's what I found out too. It's all the off-market stuff.
    Likes EcK liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    This is exactly why this ban is misguided. It will punish responsible adult users like your husband, meanwhile the black market for untested, potentially dangerous products could simply continue to grow under the radar. Trump is a fucking whipped little baby. He’s only doing this because melania freaked out about it

Stronger regulations and standards are needed, not an outright ban
    Nah, it's another one of his dumb distractions.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Nah, it's another one of his dumb distractions.
    How is it more people dont like talking about these? Oh wait, historically we're all usually too distracted buying stock in them.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...
    Likes rav3n liked this post

I wrote a letter to my guvnah imploring him to consider strong regulations rather than a ban

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I wrote a letter to my guvnah imploring him to consider strong regulations rather than a ban
    Regs aren't always the evil many make them out to be. I also signed a petition in Michigan for the same reason.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I don't think politicians care that e-cigs are harmless. I suspect that e-cigs have discouraged cigarette use and this has resulted in reduced sales tax revenue. This anti-vaping sentiment is not based on any public health interest; the donkeys are merely protecting their wad of spending cash.
    There's a movie coming out with an intriguing title: Little Women. I think it might be something having to do with female dwarves or maybe elves.

Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    NT

Vaping is pretty unhealthy. I tried it for a while and it felt like I had throat cancer. P.s. someone in my family did have throat cancer after vaping for a few years. I quit smoking after they obtained cancer. They only vaped, never smoked.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ?

The news generally operates on hysteria and sensationalism. Saying people should avoid certain vapes for various reasons is not as tantalizing as warning that vaping is dangerous and you should stay away.

Unfortunately, that also means people are forced to always defend themselves. And the news cycle continues as people become invested and engaged. It makes for "good" news. It's the same process when they try and blame video games, music, movies, guns, technology, lack of religious affiliation, a marginalized race or group, your pit-bulls, Donald Trump, Obama, the current president, some republican or democrat, your mom, etc. It really doesn't matter.

So good luck. But if I could offer a consideration, do try not to feed into the hysteria. It tends to make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I don't think politicians care that e-cigs are harmless. I suspect that e-cigs have discouraged cigarette use and this has resulted in reduced sales tax revenue. This anti-vaping sentiment is not based on any public health interest; the donkeys are merely protecting their wad of spending cash.
    All the more reason for them to regulate and tax it

Quote Originally Posted by EllevenSevenSounds View Post
    Vaping is pretty unhealthy. I tried it for a while and it felt like I had throat cancer. P.s. someone in my family did have throat cancer after vaping for a few years. I quit smoking after they obtained cancer. They only vaped, never smoked.
    What brand were they using? Vuse?

Some of those brands are owned by the cigarette manufacturers and have been found to contain some of the same chemicals they put in cigarettes. Whereas this tends not be the case with the companies not owned by the tobacco corporations. And if they were buying some grey market convenience store shit, no telling what was added to their juice. Stick with reputable companies that list ingredients either on their bottles or on their websites. It's not a 100 % guarantee, but it's better than that crap RJ Reynolds or Phillip Morris puts on the market. After Trump's ban takes effect, the unhealthiest types of vaping products hawked by the major cigarette manufacturers will be the only ones remaining on the market. This ban is a win for big tobacco, since they will likely continue to be able to sell their products containing the same crap they put in their combustible cigarettes.
    Likes EllevenSevenSounds, EcK liked this post